• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Watches

I've never understood the need for expensive watches. All it does is show the time. What is the point of having a watch that's waterproof to 300 meters? I got a Seiko kinetic for my 20th birthday. Looks as good as anything else, and works perfectly 20 years later.

I've never understood the need for expensive watches. All it does is show the time. What is the point of having a watch that's waterproof to 300 meters? I got a Seiko kinetic for my 20th birthday. Looks as good as anything else, and works perfectly 20 years later.
Chich is working off the equation that 100m of water = 1m of custard, so he's good for keeping accurate time during his custard-filled swimming pool fantasy, which is currently just missing the swimming pool and half a million gallons of custard, because he keeps spending his money on watches.

I quite like the simple look of Barry's Mondaine, but "mini giant" is an annoying name.

It's fashion statement/jewelry, I look at my phone more often for time than my watch, but I like having a nice watch on my hand.

Life is short, find something you enjoy (Spurs, watches, whatever) and spend whatever makes you happy on it

Bremont and IWC are also on my shortlist

Here's my baby

bremont-dh88-3.jpg

It's fashion statement/jewelry, I look at my phone more often for time than my watch, but I like having a nice watch on my hand.

Life is short, find something you enjoy (Spurs, watches, whatever) and spend whatever makes you happy on it
It's a very, very good way of avoiding IHT.

I always buy 2nd hand watches. There's a loss of value from new to 2nd hand but as long as you service them they don't lose any more value - sometimes gain

Yeh I am in no way a watch snop in that respect, the place on the Strand is a very nice 2nd hand shop.

It's a very, very good way of avoiding IHT.
I'm not sure what this means. Either your dad has been buying watches for you... or you are buying watches to give your son... but the amounts are quite small unless you buy ten watches, and what is the poor sod going to do with ten watches?

My father in law proudly showed me an expensive Rolex but it does nothing for me at all... I was presumably supposed to feign excitement but it just seemed alien to me.

I'm not sure what this means. Either your dad has been buying watches for you... or you are buying watches to give your son... but the amounts are quite small unless you buy ten watches, and what is the poor sod going to do with ten watches?

My father in law proudly showed me an expensive Rolex but it does nothing for me at all... I was presumably supposed to feign excitement but it just seemed alien to me.
By the time I kick the bucket I plan to have around 10-15 good watches.

My son will know to just take them before the taxman gets his grubby mitts on them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back