• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wan-Bissaka

Agree - its a huge risk for him. Burns through a chunk of Utd's cash though so I'm not too disappointed - they still need 3 defenders and 2 CMs!!!

I wonder if they are banking on big money for Pogba? And Lukaku.

Not that particularly rate Lukaku but he is probably their best striker. Just as, even off form, Pogba is their best player.

Weak defence, weak midfield, weak front line - there is a massive job needs doing there, probably impossible to achieve this summer.

Arsenal with a similar job to do but no money.

Chelsea with work to do but no transfers allowed.

This is the perfect time for us to strengthen!

Definitely.

They need instant quality and experience, which they just dont currently have, and he is available at £25m - and absolute bargain by any measure for them.

He would be an excellent buy for Utd, Id be amazed if they werent already trying to negotiate with him.
Yeah he is just what they need though I'm still hoping Toby signs an extension for a couple of years. Unlikely I realise but you never know.

He is a bit like Eriksen really. Either moves now and "wins" (big payday at the very least!) or sits on it for a year and moves for free next summer as a very attractive option to most top clubs around...

I actually doubt either will be signing new deals.

I also doubt either move this summer. I think we are set to lose both for nothing (possibly pre-contract agreements in Jan).

Bit of a downer, I know, but it seems most likely IMO.

I wonder if they are banking on big money for Pogba? And Lukaku.

Not that particularly rate Lukaku but he is probably their best striker. Just as, even off form, Pogba is their best player.

Weak defence, weak midfield, weak front line - there is a massive job needs doing there, probably impossible to achieve this summer.

Arsenal with a similar job to do but no money.

Chelsea with work to do but no transfers allowed.

This is the perfect time for us to strengthen!

Agree with all of this

2/3 proper first team additions will make a BIG difference even if we do lose a players or 2

We have to make sure we’re not over reliant on one player which we have fixed up front big less so with eriksen for example

50m for a rb with it all to prove is hardly getting your pants pulled down
Hold on.... this lad is the second coming of Christ

I mean he has played about 50 games now at right back in a defensive team that pulled up no trees... but what do I know

On a serious note the lad will IMo end up like tubby the left back. Over rated off one season, and suffering from managerial and style changes

In his favour isn’t his athleticism, but against him is his lack of experience

Definitely.

They need instant quality and experience, which they just dont currently have, and he is available at £25m - and absolute bargain by any measure for them.

He would be an excellent buy for Utd, Id be amazed if they werent already trying to negotiate with him.

The way they seem to handle transfers, they'd wait until after the contractual deadline (two weeks before the season starts) and end up offering us £50 million for him.

Hold on.... this lad is the second coming of Christ

I mean he has played about 50 games now at right back in a defensive team that pulled up no trees... but what do I know

On a serious note the lad will IMo end up like tubby the left back. Over rated off one season, and suffering from managerial and style changes

In his favour isn’t his athleticism, but against him is his lack of experience
I do see parallels with Shaw, I know he was unlucky with his leg break and Mourinho seemed to have a personal dislike of him but he hasn’t really progressed as much as you’d expect from his potential and price tag at the time of his transfer. Was really disappointed to as him sign a new deal considering how much he has stagnated up there.
There’s been a few ex Southampton players who’ve looked worse at other clubs without being coached by Poch...

I do see parallels with Shaw, I know he was unlucky with his leg break and Mourinho seemed to have a personal dislike of him but he hasn’t really progressed as much as you’d expect from his potential and price tag at the time of his transfer. Was really disappointed to as him sign a new deal considering how much he has stagnated up there.
There’s been a few ex Southampton players who’ve looked worse at other clubs without being coached by Poch...

Always thought he was over rated before they signed him to be honest

People get carried away with young players who look decent after one season, forgetting second season syndrome is a real thing for most and they don’t always develop

Time will tell. £50m could look a bargain in a couple of years, or it could look like a crazy bad deal for Utd...

I think Wan Bissaka is a quality player, but its fair to say its that early in his career it really could go either way.

And he isnt moving to a club like ours where he will be nurtured, hes going to a club in massive disarray with unrealistic expectations...
He's going to a club in massive disarray, yes, but I'm not so sure about the unrealistic expectations and the lack of nurturing. Yanited have decided to go for the rebuild-with-youth model moving forward, given the types of signings they are making or looking to make, so I think there will be plenty of nurturing and tempered expectations.

Time will tell. £50m could look a bargain in a couple of years, or it could look like a crazy bad deal for Utd...

I think Wan Bissaka is a quality player, but its fair to say its that early in his career it really could go either way.

And he isnt moving to a club like ours where he will be nurtured, hes going to a club in massive disarray with unrealistic expectations...

It will only look like a good deal if he turns out to be worth the £50M, meaning he isn't currently worth anything like that.

He looks a good prospect for any team looking to rebuild with youth, but for £50M you would expect a near-finished article, not potential. We (and let's face it - most other teams) can't commit £50M on a hope...

The key difference being that Shaw was an attacking fullback who had the qualities in his game to make him a natural fit for a top side. OGS will need to develop Wan-Bissaka to have those qualities, that is an additional level of risk that isn't reflected in the fee.

The key difference being that Shaw was an attacking fullback who had the qualities in his game to make him a natural fit for a top side. OGS will need to develop Wan-Bissaka to have those qualities, that is an additional level of risk that isn't reflected in the fee.
Well shaw has always played LB
AWB was a winger being converted
Strangely AWB looks better defensively than offensively but I do wonder if that’s because he played in such a defensive side

Well shaw has always played LB
AWB was a winger being converted
Strangely AWB looks better defensively than offensively but I do wonder if that’s because he played in such a defensive side

Full back is an attacking position in most top sides, it is where attacking width comes from. He hasn't shown that he can provide that so far in his first team career. I'm not saying he can't do it but it makes him a more risky signing.

Full back is an attacking position in most top sides, it is where attacking width comes from. He hasn't shown that he can provide that so far in his first team career. I'm not saying he can't do it but it makes him a more risky signing.
Yeah I agree
Like I say, it’s odd as he was a winger

But AWB went pro as a winger and he is still a kid

Maybe he's good at following orders and what we are seeing is him doing that under Hodgson. We haven't seen his attacking game in the PL and I think that is a more important attribute for a fullback at Man Utd than Palace. I think that it is very high fee for an unproven player.

The way they seem to handle transfers, they'd wait until after the contractual deadline (two weeks before the season starts) and end up offering us £50 million for him.

After not even entertaining Mourinhos desire to get him last summer, it wouldnt surprise me in the least...

Replace "few" with "basically all" and I whole heartedly agree.

The question becomes, who in our squad fits that mould as well?

He's going to a club in massive disarray, yes, but I'm not so sure about the unrealistic expectations and the lack of nurturing. Yanited have decided to go for the rebuild-with-youth model moving forward, given the types of signings they are making or looking to make, so I think there will be plenty of nurturing and tempered expectations.

It has been a long time since they have been a success nurturing young players. And when they did it before they were under experienced management in a stable set up.

None of that applies here. At least, not yet.

What you explain is good intention - not fact - we will have to see how it plays out.

It will only look like a good deal if he turns out to be worth the £50M, meaning he isn't currently worth anything like that.

He looks a good prospect for any team looking to rebuild with youth, but for £50M you would expect a near-finished article, not potential. We (and let's face it - most other teams) can't commit £50M on a hope...

That was basically my point. In a couple of years, he has stepped on as people predict he will, and it will be "£50m well spent". Alternatively, he doesnt, and its "Palace pulled your pants down so many LOLs".

Only time will tell.

Back