• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wan-Bissaka

I don't get what people have seen previously for him to become so overrated. He's still young, but very average. Maybe it's because his name has been mentioned on MOTD.
His 1v1 defending is excellent. I'd go as far as saying one of the best in the league. However there's a lot of other areas he needs to improve, but he's a failed winger recently moved to right back so he's still learning.
Would love to sign him but can't justify the 50m price tag yet.

Transfer prices are ridiculous now.

I don't get what people have seen previously for him to become so overrated. He's still young, but very average. Maybe it's because his name has been mentioned on MOTD.

There aren’t a great deal of good, young right backs out there with pace. Who would you sign at RB?

Basically we should develop KWP instead of going after Wan Bissaka?
Basically, if we could have, we would have. Of course he still might have a future with us, but the few appearances this year, in spite of the fact that Surge was injured for so long, leave me little hope that that may be the case.

Great injury time own goal for the U21’s to cost the game against France last night.

He’s had an absolute Trippier.

Not worth £10m now. Move on.
Sky reporting today that Man U have moved on from AWB and are now after Aarons.

They must have read my post!! :D:D:cool:

We paid 40m for Sanchez who was playing CL football at the time, was the same age and was very highly rated.

For me that makes Wan-Bissaka worth 20-30m, max.

Wasnt Sanchez in the EUROPA league? Played the final against Utd if memory serves.

He came at £40m, having had a single season in an inferior league to the Premiership.

Also, what is the inflation in the market since Sanchez moved two years ago? I suspect he would cost a fair bit more than £40m were we trying to do that deal this summer...

Wan-Bissaka has performed very well in a tougher league over 18 months, posting stats that put aspects of his game among the best in Europe.

And having shown the potential for greater things.

In context £50m (or thereabouts) is perfectly reasonable given the market today.

Now - whether that market is reasonable is a whole other conversation (short version, of course its not)

Wasnt Sanchez in the EUROPA league? Played the final against Utd if memory serves.

He came at £40m, having had a single season in an inferior league to the Premiership.

Also, what is the inflation in the market since Sanchez moved two years ago? I suspect he would cost a fair bit more than £40m were we trying to do that deal this summer...

Wan-Bissaka has performed very well in a tougher league over 18 months, posting stats that put aspects of his game among the best in Europe.

And having shown the potential for greater things.

In context £50m (or thereabouts) is perfectly reasonable given the market today.

Now - whether that market is reasonable is a whole other conversation (short version, of course its not)
Indeed Sanchez played in the final v Man U of Europa League and was given MOTM in several different publications (although I dont think he was official MOTM).

Wan - Bissaka has impressed me, Im yet to see someone really get the better of him (thats not to say it hasnt happened at all) and looks to have all the attributes to be a top modern day full back in the PL. Maybe going forward he isnt the finished article yet, but he has time on his side. Whilst the fees being touted for him are huge, I dont envisage any club purchasing this player will be looking back in five years and thinking my GHod what a waste of money that was....

Wan - Bissaka has impressed me, Im yet to see someone really get the better of him (thats not to say it hasnt happened at all) and looks to have all the attributes to be a top modern day full back in the PL. Maybe going forward he isnt the finished article yet, but he has time on his side. Whilst the fees being touted for him are huge, I dont envisage any club purchasing this player will be looking back in five years and thinking my GHod what a waste of money that was....

I work with a Palace ST holder, he says that Wan Bissaka is improving a lot going forward.

Doesnt argue there is a lot of room to improve, but suggests perhaps he has been told to focus more on defending until recently. Second half of the season there was a marked improvement in his crossing and passing when he got forward - according to my mate at least.

He's simply worth nowhere near 55m. It's absurd. Signing a decent prospect from Crystal Palace should never, ever cost that amount.

He has had one okay season, who's to say he can even back it up? Whenever I watched him play I thought he was solid if unspectacular.

He's hardly a ground breaking improvement on Trippier. He may be one day, but he's not right now.

The football world has gone mad I tell ye.

The football world has gone mad I tell ye.

This is what you are talking about, not Wan Bissaka exactly, IMO.

The market is bat brick crazy. Its obscene. Its disgusting. You can slag it all day and I wont argue with you.

Problem we have is, that doesnt change a thing.

The market is what it is, and as I detailed above - £50m for Wan Bissaka isnt crazy money in context of the market today.

This is what you are talking about, not Wan Bissaka exactly, IMO.

The market is bat brick crazy. Its obscene. Its disgusting. You can slag it all day and I wont argue with you.

Problem we have is, that doesnt change a thing.

The market is what it is, and as I detailed above - £50m for Wan Bissaka isnt crazy money in context of the market today.

Agree on the state of modern football. Disagree on AWB's value. 55m for a player like Cancelo makes sense, proven first team player for quality sides.

55m for a one season wonder at Crystal Palace just doesn't.

With the value? Sure. But not with the player. He was proven in quality sides for multiple seasons and was already a regular for the Columbia national team.

Wan-Bisaka has barely featured for the England U21's. It's fudging MADNESS.

He had played one season at Ajax. Thats it. Prior to that he was a rookie in Columbia.

Wan Bissaka has had a season and a half performing in the Premiership.

If Sanchez was a £40m player two seasons ago, £50m for Wan Bissaka now is about right.

I get you might not rate the player, but the value is about right considering the specifics around him.

Pretty much all transfer values today are MADNESS, imo, but its the reality of things until the bubble bursts...

Back