• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

It's easy to paint decisions like this as black and white but I doubt they often are. Every club signs a duff player every now and then, just the same as every other workplace recruits people who aren't up to it occasionally.

We do not have the financial muscle to get first dibs on the top talent, so we have to take a punt on what is left. Sometimes that works out like with Eriksen and Modric who for various reasons the top clubs passed up on. Sometimes it doesn't work out like with Vlad, Paulinho and Capoue.

It seems silly to me to keep harking on about the ones that don't cut it.

It fits a narrative

What's with all this congratulating Levy for selling players at a loss? Cappo, Paul and now Vlad, have lost us some serious dosh, at least £10m plus.:(.

:eek:And, as if this thread hasn't been a scary enough read as it is, you lot now give us page 60!:(

Anyway good luck to Vlad in Napoli , I think he's gonna need it. They're not a very forgiving lot out there when it comes to error prone defenders.

Actually probably none of those players from an accounting perspective were sold at a loss. Add in the savings on wages and I wouldn't be surprised if we show a profit.

Most of the people that are happy see us acting swiftly to trim a bloated squad, remove players who either from an ability or attitude perspective do not suit our managers vision. And that should be congratulated.

No criticism leveled at the club for signing him - I was excited when we did - but I haven't been this glad to see the back of a player in a long while.

Good luck at Napoli, Vlad. Or, you know, bad luck... whatever... I don't really care.

Really? I genuinely wasn't aware. I'd put the Paulinho interest down to him being Brazilian. And Capoue is French after all, Wenger loves a player from Ligue 1.
To be fair, Paulinho looked class in the Confederations Cup. He was banging in goals for fun and looked like the complete midfielder.

Remember that ridiculous goal he scored against Cardiff? I thought he'd announced himself...

It's easy to paint decisions like this as black and white but I doubt they often are. Every club signs a duff player every now and then, just the same as every other workplace recruits people who aren't up to it occasionally.

We do not have the financial muscle to get first dibs on the top talent, so we have to take a punt on what is left. Sometimes that works out like with Eriksen and Modric who for various reasons the top clubs passed up on. Sometimes it doesn't work out like with Vlad, Paulinho and Capoue.

It seems silly to me to keep harking on about the ones that don't cut it.

Indeed, 99% of all signings are a risk no mater what club signs them. I always have a laugh when I hear the old Hindsight mantra used by some when a player does not hit it off. " I always knew they would be a bad signing".

Chiriches1.gif

He did do this though, awesome!

He has gone now, can we not forget about him?

We seem to have a habit of living in the past with ex players, managers etc.

It does feel like Levy is mocking the Totaliser by the club announcing the deal but keeping the fee undisclosed.

Back