• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Whatever, so why don't you post a picture up of your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend in Random and take the pasting as just a bit of banter...

I know how I would feel and would not take someone insulting the one I love and have chosen to spend my life with as 'just a bit of fun'.

Couldn't agree more. Don't want to get into any arguments, but I just don't buy into this "only banter" **** when the person being talked about isn't part of the conversation. Not saying anyone was laying the boot in, yes it was "mild" stuff, but there were a couple of comments that were out of order in my view. Just saying.

Whatever, so why don't you post a picture up of your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend in Random and take the pasting as just a bit of banter...

I know how I would feel and would not take someone insulting the one I love and have chosen to spend my life with as 'just a bit of fun'.

Say the word and I'll post a picture of mine.

Why? Because I'm not a celebrity! If this mickey- taking is the worst that happens to him whilst he's over here given what our papers are like and given what opposition crowds are like then he's a lucky man!

Why? Because I'm not a celebrity! If this mickey- taking is the worst that happens to him whilst he's over here given what our papers are like and given what opposition crowds are like then he's a lucky man!

Nor is he, hes a footballer.

And insulting people because of their physical appearance is not something I want associated with my club.
Anyone that does it needs to take a look in the mirror and grow up.

Alright, this is ridiculous. Can we please get back onto the topic of Vlad. If people want to legitimately argue the morales of discussing someone's physical appearance in a public forum behind their back then take it to random in a new thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

And insulting people because of their physical appearance is not something I want associated with my club.

I looked in the mirror and called myself ugly.

I'm sorry but if you were offended by my comment regarding 'upgrading' then I advise that you never go out to a pub or club, and try to live the most sheltered existence possible because if you take the offence that you seem to have from this, particularly when its not to do with you and when its only harmless banter, then I really worry for you if someone actually directs some ****-taking, let alone abuse, at you! You'd have a break-down!

I'm sorry but if you were offended by my comment regarding 'upgrading' then I advise that you never go out to a pub or club, and try to live the most sheltered existence possible because if you take the offence that you seem to have from this, particularly when its not to do with you and when its only harmless banter, then I really worry for you if someone actually directs some ****-taking, let alone abuse, at you! You'd have a break-down!

Ah, 'banter'
One of the nastiest, most pernicious words of modern times.
A seeming free-ticket for 'lads' (oi oi) to dish out insults and abuse and then turn with an astonished, brain-dead confused look on their face when someone takes offence at their wretched behaviour because they haven't understood the rules.

Some games are not for playing and some rules are nearly as scummy as those who keep them.

I'm sorry old boy but I'm going to say you are wrong about Celtic's so called amazing scouts, I'm Scottish, my missus family's full of Celtic season ticket holders, a lot of my mates go abroad to watch Celtic so I've no beef with them but apart from Wanyama they haven't scouted anyone amazing, Hooper was hardly unknown, Foster wasn't unknown either, they've signed a lot of diddys such as Lassad, Miku, Gershon, Ambrose, Udinese, Porto, Benfica all have a far far better scouting system than them.

Celtic have only fully embraced this path in the last few years, and Porto/Benfica et al is not an equal comparison. Not even considering the Portuguese have been at this for a lot longer, one must consider that that the vestiges of the Portuguese Empire and commensurate "irregular" arrangements in importing south American talent gives them a trump card. They use it well, fair play to them.

I know Udinese to have strong youth and scouting networks. Celtics youth is just as strong though, and one must say that Udinese are not producing any more on the field than Celtic. All these clubs will have numpties from time to time. It's just the nature of the beast. The proof is in the pudding, though. Celtic are regularly in the group stages on less than Crystal palaces budget, and turning a profit, as are Steaua Bucharest. They are doing something right to make that happen! One of the downsides, however, is that Hooper or Chiriches would likely command far greater transfer fees if coming from the more exotic Portuguese setups.

Steaua and Celtic are operating with almost identical similarity, as explained by one of their own fans earlier in the thread. The South American market is generally snuffed out by the Iberian peninsula. So it is essentially scouting/developing the brightest from the native country and trying to uncover hidden gems from elsewhere. Not easy to do, I'd argue. Especially to Champions League standard. The fact that Steaua and Celtic (and the others in this gene pool) are in the group stages competing with this method can only be a good thing in the ever increasing madness of modern football.

I hope Vlad will be back there with Spurs' own take on it next year!

Last edited:
Ah, 'banter'
One of the nastiest, most pernicious words of modern times.
A seeming free-ticket for 'lads' (oi oi) to dish out insults and abuse and then turn with an astonished, brain-dead confused look on their face when someone takes offence at their wretched behaviour because they haven't understood the rules.

Some games are not for playing and some rules are nearly as scummy as those who keep them.

Have you really never looked someone on tv, in a paper or magazine, online, in a film etc and made a joke to whoever you're with about the way that that person looks or their haircut or what they're wearing or that they're put on a few pounds etc??? Honestly??? I can believe that there's anybody alive who has never done that! That's really all we're talking about here. Some of the over-reactions are just crazy

Back