• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

I

indianspur

Its being reported in the Romanian media tonight that Steaua Bucharest centre half Vald Chiriches is signing for Tottenham next Monday

Steaua are playing in the CL tonight and the journos are ready to find out more about this transfer after the match

Its being reported in the Romanian media tonight that Steaua Bucharest centre half Vald Chiriches is signing for Tottenham next Monday

Steaua are playing in the CL tonight and the journos are ready to find out more about this transfer after the match

no nothing about him but I reckon we need another cb.

Tottenham are closing in on the signing of Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches, according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.

The self-confessed “expert in the transfer market” says the Steau Bucharest star will complete an €8m switch to White Hart Lane in the coming days.

The 23-year-old centre-half has been with Steau just one season after arriving from fellow Romanian outfit Panduri last summer.

Chiriches, who has 18 caps for his country, has also spent time in the Spanish lower leagues and played for Benfica’s youth team squad for one season to 2008.

he has been linked for a while to Roma. Maybe Baldini has already checked him out thoroughly and recommended him to AVB

8-10 mill pounds will be the transfer fee

regarded as the best player in Romanian football at the moment, good on the ball, can bring it out of defence, clean tackler, good in the air

he has been linked for a while to Roma. Maybe Baldini has already checked him out thoroughly and recommended him to AVB

8-10 mill pounds will be the transfer fee

regarded as the best player in Romanian football at the moment, good on the ball, can bring it out of defence, clean tackler, good in the air
but he's not needed imo.

Not needed?

Have you seen our defense?

Caulker yet to prove himself
dawson his usual shaky spells
Gallas is gone
Kaboul just back from injury

Its alway the same problem, we want to be at the top without the top players.

We need a new CB and a proven one for that matter. Oh and a left back.

Not needed?

Gallas is gone

spot on...precisely why we need another cb imo.......dunno how avb rates fryers as a cb but id rather we got a cb in.

Ah, the halcyon days of signing Romanians. Popescu, Dumitrescu and constantly being linked with Hagi.

Not needed?

Gallas is gone

+1

Though I'm happy nuff with the LB, add in the fact that Vertonghen is injured albeit short term, and he is seen as cover for LB too

I think we'd be mad to sell Caulker, especially for around 7m

Saw this:

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS
I notice talk of a bid of £7.5m being accepted for Caulker (from Cardiff City). Would be sorry to see him go, first saw him at 16 years old.

Caulker should be given a chance to shine for sure. He was far from awful last season. Would be a great signing for Cardiff.

Saw this:

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS
I notice talk of a bid of £7.5m being accepted for Caulker (from Cardiff City). Would be sorry to see him go, first saw him at 16 years old.

That'd be unbelievable business for them, I'm not trying to say he was without mistakes last season but he's 21 years old and in my opinion has massive potential. Hopefully the rumours are not based on fact. No one knows how Kaboul will deal with first team football and imo shouldn't be rushed even if he does well in pre season. With Vertonghen not fully fit for the start of the season and Dawson also being slightly injury prone selling a young promising academy graduate in a position we're short in on the cheap would be ludicrous.

Don't need him.

Got four Cb's. Signing a young'un wouldn't be a good move. They wouldn't get enough game time.

Back