• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Hardly the boisterous type, is he? Seems quiet and reserved, which is fine, but places him in a different dimension from someone like, say, Sonny. :p

Anyway, better late than never - he's here now, our two primary needs are filled, and the squad looks a lot stronger than it did a month ago on the back of that. If you follow the arguments of that article on Poch's tactics I linked a while back (I think it was on the Poch thread), then an attacking midfielder with an excellent first touch and an ability to turn quickly with the ball to face the opposition back line is also a priority - however, it isn't *as much* of one, given that we have multiple first-team options who can do a passable job in that role.

Hardly the boisterous type, is he? Seems quiet and reserved, which is fine, but places him in a different dimension from someone like, say, Sonny. :p

Anyway, better late than never - he's here now, our two primary needs are filled, and the squad looks a lot stronger than it did a month ago on the back of that. If you follow the arguments of that article on Poch's tactics I linked a while back (I think it was on the Poch thread), then an attacking midfielder with an excellent first touch and an ability to turn quickly with the ball to face the opposition back line is also a priority - however, it isn't *as much* of one, given that we have multiple first-team options who can do a passable job in that role.

Yeah, i'm intrigued to see if we do buy such a midfielder, particularly if they are one blessed with a lot of pace.
It's certainly a good feeling to sit back and wait and see (though there is that nagging feeling re Eriksen's contract situation, but you can't have everything...)

then an attacking midfielder with an excellent first touch and an ability to turn quickly with the ball to face the opposition back line is also a priority - however, it isn't *as much* of one, given that we have multiple first-team options who can do a passable job in that role.

Two players of that ilk pictured here :)

july14_730c.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-14_20-0-15.png
    upload_2016-7-14_20-0-15.png
    597.2 KB · Views: 15
I've always thought that Pritchard looks like a natural goalscorer. He's happy to hit it from range, but even close up he doesn't panic and finds the net.

Back on topic, do we know if we have another behind doors friendly coming up when Janssen will play?

I've always thought that Pritchard looks like a natural goalscorer. He's happy to hit it from range, but even close up he doesn't panic and finds the net.

Back on topic, do we know if we have another behind doors friendly coming up when Janssen will play?

Fulham on Saturday and Rotherham on Thursday.

Yeah, he's got a new 'do.

Exciting that he's finally in training with the first team, tbh. :) I agree that we have options, and Pritch and Edwards are two of them. Hell, even Mason (the third lad in the picture) can do a job there, although his first touch isn't fantastic under pressure, imo. Ideally we'd have a seamless 22 we can rotate in and out without issues, but failing that, having a multitude of options for a (imo) useful but non-essential addition is fine.

Exciting that he's finally in training with the first team, tbh. :) I agree that we have options, and Pritch and Edwards are two of them. Hell, even Mason (the third lad in the picture) can do a job there, although his first touch isn't fantastic under pressure, imo. Ideally we'd have a seamless 22 we can rotate in and out without issues, but failing that, having a multitude of options for a (imo) useful but non-essential addition is fine.

I am yet to be convinced about the on-ball technique of some of our players especially when the opponent is aggressively pressing. We dont look comfortable playing possession football in those times. I look forward to us playing Liverpool.

He doesn't strike me as the quiet and reserved type, though. Maybe in other areas, but when it comes to football he seems pretty fired up about winning and improving. Could be a leader in the locker room and the pitch, imo.

Didn't score in his first team action against Fulham. Sell!

Seriously though, how many goals do we think he'll score this season?

Didn't score in his first team action against Fulham. Sell!

Seriously though, how many goals do we think he'll score this season?
Does it really matter? If he scores the winning goal at home vs United, that secures us the title, in our last ever game at WHL, I'd be happy with that. Joking aside, It depends how much he'll feature. I think he will get into double digits over all.

Sent from outer space

He was more passionate about us than most that I remember. Loved that feel good factor he brought to the whole set up, both on and off the pitch.

When he was on the pitch you just knew something was going to happen.

favorite Spurs player, he was fudging up for it, and he punished the Scum every time ... he certainly could have spent another couple of years here.

I want to see Jansen starting, with Kane. If the reports are correct, that he works hard, then I see no reason why it can't work. One of the pair dropping deep, perhaps switching who does that, and the two strikers would bring more goals to the team.

I want to see Jansen starting, with Kane. If the reports are correct, that he works hard, then I see no reason why it can't work. One of the pair dropping deep, perhaps switching who does that, and the two strikers would bring more goals to the team.

You would think it's a bit of both

- In PL away games, and against big boys, 1 up front (Kane)
- In non CL cup games, 1 up front (Janssen)
- In PL & CL games against weaker opposition, 2 up front (Kane & Janssen), same when chasing a game.

Back