• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Think he needs to improve a lot before he justifies a regular place even on the bench especially when every forward is fit. Spurs fans tend to get ahead of themselves when it comes to Janssen.

That said it would great if he could turn around his career around he definitely looks like he has the physical attributes to succeed. Not sure if he has the strikers instincts though. Perhaps Poch can work his magic to accommodate him even in a slightly different position.

Think he needs to improve a lot before he justifies a regular place even on the bench especially when every forward is fit. Spurs fans tend to get ahead of themselves when it comes to Janssen.

That said it would great if he could turn around his career around he definitely looks like he has the physical attributes to succeed. Not sure if he has the strikers instincts though. Perhaps Poch can work his magic to accommodate him even in a slightly different position.

I can't dance with that at all, i still think there is a player in there just hoping that Poch agrees and we may see more of him going forward.

From what I have seen of Janssen its his ears, and what's between them, that is the issue. Either he hasn't listened to Poch (he who turned Dier into a world cup CM, Ben Davies into a rounded international, etc etc) or he has listened and can't implement it. He's looked shot to pieces confidence wise at times, and others like he's running around on pure anger and emotion, letting thought and technique suffer in favour of effort. With the greatest of respect to him, we stopped valuing that approach around the time we sold Didier Zokora in 1904. His hold up play when he arrived was akin to someone with wooden legs, his inability to get his head up was disastrous for bringing other players into play, and his headless chicken approach meant at times we had no fulcrum at the top of the team.

I spent years wishing that Blondel/Prince Boateng/Rebrov/Tarrabt/Dumitrescu/ delete as appropriate would get another chance, and suddenly become the world beater we, and they all dreamed they could be. Sadly I see less in Janssen than I see in some of those players.

I thought he looked useful when he came on today.
Rusty, but some decent movement and got a few shots away.
Certainly did more than Llorente

I’m not a fan at all but he looked really good today. Contributed something with every touch. I’d consider giving him minutes on Tuesday.

It’d be some resurrection if Poch can get a tune out of him.

Yep. I’d have rather have seen him on a bit earlier.
But hindsight is easy. Llorente should have done a lot better in his role but at the time he was the obvious first choice sub.
Just shows how we are struggling with injuries right now and lack of options that we leave two strikers on the bench until near the end of the game.

From what I have seen of Janssen its his ears, and what's between them, that is the issue. Either he hasn't listened to Poch (he who turned Dier into a world cup CM, Ben Davies into a rounded international, etc etc)

So what did you expect when you consider he has been alienated from the squad for basically 2 seasons. Heck he came on against Brighton and his name was not even listed in the squad at the back of the programme. You think after all that all of a sudden everything would click for him in an instant, WTF?

But hindsight is easy. Llorente should have done a lot better in his role but at the time he was the obvious first choice sub.
Just shows how we are struggling with injuries right now and lack of options that we leave two strikers on the bench until near the end of the game.

Llorente is awful, he marks the defender
I’ve never seen a professional player so immobile

Didn’t have to be hindsight though, I knew Poch would put Llorente first and I wanted Jansen on because I knew Llorente wouldn’t change the game in anyway. I can accept in certain situations he can offer something but in that game where we were playing so poorly we needed more mobility than he offers.....

Agree with the above. In means that we have 6 players for 4 positions (when you should have 8), and that even includes Lamela who's contribution is at best inconsistent. On Tuesday, 3 of those 6 won't be available. We're really short there and missing Dembele (or his replacement)

Can’t play Tuesday, not registered.

And that, my friend, is why I’ll never manage Tottenham despite being a fudging know all when I’m watching.

Shame VJ is out with Sonny and Kane also out. Poch needs to get Alli in around their box on Tuesday. Otherwise, I don’t see how we’ll score.

Llorente is awful, he marks the defender
I’ve never seen a professional player so immobile

Can’t disagree with that. Today totally shows his limitations. I’m not even sure it’s a system thing. He looked really bad and - as I’ve thought before - weak in the challenge. He’s a big lump but seems to get beaten very easily. Even the things we expect of him - holding up the ball, knocking it on - didn’t pan out. He ducked out, knocked it on to a spam player, or couldn’t move fast enough to follow the ball. But... he has turned it around for us in the past so I’m loathe to write him off altogether but I don’t see him on the bench and think “bring him on, he can change things”.
When we are relying on Llorente and Janssen as 75-80+min subs we are screwed.

Can’t disagree with that. Today totally shows his limitations. I’m not even sure it’s a system thing. He looked really bad and - as I’ve thought before - weak in the challenge. He’s a big lump but seems to get beaten very easily. Even the things we expect of him - holding up the ball, knocking it on - didn’t pan out. He ducked out, knocked it on to a spam player, or couldn’t move fast enough to follow the ball. But... he has turned it around for us in the past so I’m loathe to write him off altogether but I don’t see him on the bench and think “bring him on, he can change things”.
When we are relying on Llorente and Janssen as 75-80+min subs we are screwed.

He hasn’t turned anything around .. he just had better players with him feeding off his touches which have been a mixture of decent and very poor

He went for a header today and chested the ball by accident

The guy just cannot run.. i cannot work out how he gets through training

So what did you expect when you consider he has been alienated from the squad for basically 2 seasons. Heck he came on against Brighton and his name was not even listed in the squad at the back of the programme. You think after all that all of a sudden everything would click for him in an instant, WTF?
Isn't that the point though? He must have done something initraining or during games for Poch Todo that. He's only in the squad now because we are down to the bare bones.

There is a strange subjectivity that applies to Janssen on here. Sissoko, Llorente both get pelters when they play badly. Imagine the abuse if either had missed his header today?

On top of how out of place he looks in the team, he has obviously not applied himself or done something to royally tinkle off Poch, yet he is not only immune from criticism but also posters somehow over egg his contributions.

He is, at the moment, no where near good enough. At least llorente you can forgive because he is 34 and does score important goals. But Janssen's contribution has been basically the square root of nothing. Don't get the hope with this guy

There is a strange subjectivity that applies to Janssen on here. Sissoko, Llorente both get pelters when they play badly. Imagine the abuse if either had missed his header today?

On top of how out of place he looks in the team, he has obviously not applied himself or done something to royally tinkle off Poch, yet he is not only immune from criticism but also posters somehow over egg his contributions.

He is, at the moment, no where near good enough. At least llorente you can forgive because he is 34 and does score important goals. But Janssen's contribution has been basically the square root of nothing. Don't get the hope with this guy

Are you on about the header that was stopped on the line?

Llorente has scored 1 important goal that I can remember... a header off his thigh

Back