• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I hope he’s involved next season, I think he has a lot of potential.

of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but the defence of very limited players who have had plenty of opportunities is baffling to say the least, you know what they say about insanity......

What I don’t understand is if Janssen can be dropped from contention after the number of minutes he got for the team, how do Sissoko, Llorente, GNK and Aurier get continued support from the manager. I can only presume Janssen has behaved in a bad way in training or behind the scenes and his initial refusal to go on loan and fight for his place has been taken as a negative.

What I don’t understand is if Janssen can be dropped from contention after the number of minutes he got for the team, how do Sissoko, Llorente, GNK and Aurier get continued support from the manager. I can only presume Janssen has behaved in a bad way in training or behind the scenes and his initial refusal to go on loan and fight for his place has been taken as a negative.

Or he is more saleable?

Or he is more saleable?
I think we need to raffle a couple of the names I mentioned!

I find it hard to think why anyone would pay a lot for him, other than the fact he scored goals in Holland 2 years ago. To go back there he’d have to take a pay cut and we might be able to get his ‘book value’ or at a stretch our money back. Can’t see a prem team taking a chance unless it’s a loan?

Llorente - back to Italy maybe for 50% or what we paid based on his historical exploits is still a ‘name’.
Sissoko - a lower prem team might pay 20 for him especially if keeping the ball is not a priority for them.
GNK - back to France, 7m
Aurier - I think he’d fetch 20 still, his athleticism would still be fancied by a few teams who think they could improve his decision making (as I think Poch does too)

The situation is representing Janssen as a bad egg and unfortunately he hasn’t shown that he has the tools to get away with that! I think fenerbache have only offered to loan him again which is an odd one.

Or he is more saleable?

Probably a bit of truth in both of those views.

Janssen is cr@p. The other players have ability, Poch has realized that, maybe Vincent misbehaves but if you put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig.

I thought Jansen did alright for us, held up the ball well, passed the ball well, but wasn't nearly agile or quick enough, so can understand us wanting to move him on. But I wouldn't call him crap, he was a team player, and often did useful things for us when playing, in my opinion.

I am Less convinced than you.

I seem to recall the ball just bouncing off him as he had no touch and under hitting passes.

Might just be a confidence thing.

He’s really likeable though, so I think the club should do the right thing and not ask silly money.

“He’s really likeable though, so I think the club should do the right thing and not ask silly money.”

That is so sweet ;)

He was top scorer in Holland, and a number middeling clubs were very keen on him. Of course that was then...now there will be clubs ready to take a punt at the right price with add ons. Sissoko...not so much. His wages, age etc I think we'll find it far harder to shift him than Janssen.

Janssen is not the level we need even as a squad player. I never felt that when he came on he would grab a goal or change a game. The top 6 will be even more competitive this year so we need to upgrade on him.

I don't agree that Janssen is crap, he's behind the best CF in the world in our pecking order. His hold up play his good, he creates chances for players around him and he's the Dutch striker. However if we are letting him go on loan again we need someone more mobile than Llorente to deputise for Kane in league cup, FA cup games.

He smells like a Soldado to me.

On paper he has everything he should need to succeed, all the tools, and yet the problem seems to be between his ears.

Be that belief/confidence/whatever.

A shame, because honestly I quite like him. Good work rate, hold up play, robust (kind of reminds me of a mini Shearer) and his record shows he can score - just something is blocking him - and I think its himself

he's played what, 20 first class games, give the guy a chance

This, and during those games he showed he is good at holding up the ball, has great strength, works hard. The only thing he was not able to do is score on a regular basis, i feel sorry for him because anyone who steps in to cover Kane is going to be judged harshly because Kane is a one off who scores so many goals.

This, and during those games he showed he is good at holding up the ball, has great strength, works hard. The only thing he was not able to do is score on a regular basis, i feel sorry for him because anyone who steps in to cover Kane is going to be judged harshly because Kane is a one off who scores so many goals.

it's also worth noting how many forwards have struggled to score at first in the PL before going on to do so regularly

Back