• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

Poch cant find a second striker that can deliver goals, instead he is using a winger. If that the way Poch really wants it, why does he buying second strikers with goalscoring history? Dosen't make sense.

It is common now for wide players to be developed as strikers, so Porch isn't alone in that. As to why we've bought other strikers, to give us options, I assume.

Poch cant find a second striker that can deliver goals, instead he is using a winger. If that the way Poch really wants it, why does he buying second strikers with goalscoring history? Dosen't make sense.

Because Tottenham don't have the wages to pay somebody £150k a week to warm the bench. No proven striker would want to play second fiddle to Kane. Thus we need to find a player who can play wide and central. Players like Son.

Disagree. It seems like Poch have a team structure and a way of playing where it almost impossible to perform (when you are suppose to) as a second striker. And that is something you cannot blame Kane for.
If Kane wasn't one of the best players in the world than Jansen or llorente would play more, nothing to do with Poch!

If Kane wasn't one of the best players in the world than Jansen or llorente would play more, nothing to do with Poch!

But Poch knows all of that, dosen't he? He know that Kane will play 90-95% of the games so his idea with buying Jansen and then Llorente must have been to use them very seldom.

For me it seems like Poch gameplan and tactics dosen't suit to bring on the second striker (either as a replacement for the first one or as an add-on to the first one) for the purpose that the second striker shall score goals. Fair enough, I have no problems with having Alli or Son PLAYING as the second striker, but what´s the point with buying a new second striker every summer then? Why not saving those money for another type of player?

I thought letting Janssen go on loan was a strange decision. While his goal output was poor, I thought he showed a few decent signs, was unlucky at times and maybe deserved a second season. I’m also not sure that he was as bad as Llorente has looked for us.
I think it would also be because of off-field things, emotions, spirit, passion, aura, feelings i.e. Janssen might have felt bruised, his head was down, he was no longer playing or training with the right 'pep', he was going onto the pitch to try to be vaguely helpful and not damage his rep, rather than going on thinking "YES, HERE I AM, I WANT 2!". Maybe.

I thought letting Janssen go on loan was a strange decision. While his goal output was poor, I thought he showed a few decent signs, was unlucky at times and maybe deserved a second season. I’m also not sure that he was as bad as Llorente has looked for us.

They both were poor buys imho

I'd love to know who and the thinking behind these two.
I did expect more from Llorente but he looks basically slow!

Last edited:
But Poch knows all of that, dosen't he? He know that Kane will play 90-95% of the games so his idea with buying Jansen and then Llorente must have been to use them very seldom.

For me it seems like Poch gameplan and tactics dosen't suit to bring on the second striker (either as a replacement for the first one or as an add-on to the first one) for the purpose that the second striker shall score goals. Fair enough, I have no problems with having Alli or Son PLAYING as the second striker, but what´s the point with buying a new second striker every summer then? Why not saving those money for another type of player?

We're not spending a fortune on them so what's the big deal if we just run through a different player every other season?

But surely the point in going through all the hassle of adding players to squad is to improve it and win more?

But surely the point in going through all the hassle of adding players to squad is to improve it and win more?

It’s also to cover for injuries

If Kane gets injured you would assume that Llorente would step in

Similarly a lot of Jansens playing time came when Kane was out

The problem is keeping those players fit and on form wth little game time

Now we have two chases; in both chases we bought a player with a resonable goalscoring ratio and suddenly they cannot hit a cow´s as with a banjo. How come? It has been proven elsewhere that it take some time to get in and get on with the way Poch wants to play. And that is not only down to understanding, it is also down to having the ability to perform, which have been obvious when first team members are back from injury.

It is obvious that Poch´s way of playing dosen't work with having a kind of "supersub", unless that subersub is getting gametime elsewhere.

Those two are woefully inadequate as 'important' cover for a top 6 side.
We have once again are looking for cheap options that 'might do' if either had to step up long term for Harry we would struggle big time (even more). I understand there are mistakes made when buying players but now have developed a 'habit'. It's a false economy as we struggle when the came on. Llorente has been surprisingly poor and I did not see that coming I admit. The people behind the decision worry me. Janssen, wingers (various), Llorente (I think he's retired) and who can forget young Mousse S. We should have saved the money and just relied on Son.

oh wait we do!

We have once again are looking for cheap options that 'might do' if either had to step up long term for Harry we would struggle big time (even more). I understand there are mistakes made when buying players but now have developed a 'habit'. It's a false economy as we struggle when the came on. Llorente has been surprisingly poor and I did not see that coming I admit. The people behind the decision worry me. Janssen, wingers (various), Llorente (I think he's retired) and who can forget young Mousse S. We should have saved the money and just relied on Son.

oh wait we do!

I know, it's shocking, they should all be sacked.
Best and improving league positions in decades, highest point totals, CL, topping CL group, totally unacceptable, some one needs to held to account!

oh wait we do!

But who has suitable cover in the top 6?

City kinda do but it’s difficult to work out who their first choice is due to the players they have

Arsenal has Giroud or lacazette as strikers...one was first choice and can be effective as as sub so there is a benefit there

United have Zlatan who is on his last legs but is still more mobile than Llorente

Pool don’t have sturridge who is made of glass and Danny Inngs who is just brick

Chelsea have Batbrick who their manager doesn’t want

It’s not an area for most clubs of strength due to the cost of strikers and the nature of the role

The best super sub strikers generally have been cheap gambles by clubs like united (solksjaer and little Penis)

I know, it's shocking, they should all be sacked.
Best and improving league positions in decades, highest point totals, CL, topping CL group, totally unacceptable, some one needs to held to account!

That's it then is it, we need not bother to improve? Yes it does seem a little churlish, but we have keep moving forward not rest on our laurels?
Just think we could have done with a proper understudy for Harry last season. Even Batbrickcrazy at Chelsea managed a couple yeaserday.

But who has suitable cover in the top 6?

City kinda do but it’s difficult to work out who their first choice is due to the players they have

Arsenal has Giroud or lacazette as strikers...one was first choice and can be effective as as sub so there is a benefit there

United have Zlatan who is on his last legs but is still more mobile than Llorente

Pool don’t have sturridge who is made of glass and Danny Inngs who is just brick

Chelsea have Batbrick who their manager doesn’t want

It’s not an area for most clubs of strength due to the cost of strikers and the nature of the role

The best super sub strikers generally have been cheap gambles by clubs like united (solksjaer and little Penis)

We are better than them or at least attempt to be.

That's it then is it, we need not bother to improve? Yes it does seem a little churlish, but we have keep moving forward not rest on our laurels?
Just think we could have done with a proper understudy for Harry last season. Even Batbrickcrazy at Chelsea managed a couple yeaserday.

But that's the point, we are improving.
Not every player is going to be a success at every club.
Spend big, tried that, hasn't really worked.
Buy potential, tried that, when it works we can't hold on to them.
Rear our own, mixed bag to say the least.
There is no secrect formula, but ours is as good as anyones.

Back