• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

better late than never, and I hope Poch puts him into pre-season training with a vengeance right from tomorrow morning to make up for lost time.

I know Poch conditioning can take months, but don't forget that the Euros players won't be back till about 1 August, so he'll hardly be behind.

I don't think clubs even bother approaching other clubs these days until they have an agreement in principle with the player
Unless the selling club have given permission to talk to the player then a club is not allowed to approach the player (although some clubs in Europe do seem to give their permission for players to talk to prospective buying club before they have agreed a fee) Of course clubs get round this rather easily by instead speaking to the player's agents and doing that deal 'in principle'. This can sometimes cause the odd hiccup however. For instance I have been led to believe that West Ham approached Lacazzete's agent to discuss terms. Lacazzete's agent agreed a wage deal in principle with West Ham and also told West Ham the fee it would cost them to buy the player from Lyon. West Ham then lodged a bid for the player with Lyon. However Lacazette then informed Lyon that he would not be prepared to move to West Ham (can't blame him really).

Of course he may end up at West Ham at the end of the transfer window if interest from a big club doesn't materialise. I guess by negotiating with a club that the player does not want to join the agent has managed to set a high bar in terms of wages, at which any prospective employer will have to match or at least get close to in order to get him. And worst case scenario the player ends up at West Ham earning over £100k a week, granted that is a pretty bad scenario for Lacazette and he may well end up just staying at Lyon - but I did say 'worst case'.

Unless the selling club have given permission to talk to the player then a club is not allowed to approach the player (although some clubs in Europe do seem to give their permission for players to talk to prospective buying club before they have agreed a fee) Of course clubs get round this rather easily by instead speaking to the player's agents and doing that deal 'in principle'. This can sometimes cause the odd hiccup however. For instance I have been led to believe that West Ham approached Lacazzete's agent to discuss terms. Lacazzete's agent agreed a wage deal in principle with West Ham and also told West Ham the fee it would cost them to buy the player from Lyon. West Ham then lodged a bid for the player with Lyon. However Lacazette then informed Lyon that he would not be prepared to move to West Ham (can't blame him really).

Of course he may end up at West Ham at the end of the transfer window if interest from a big club doesn't materialise. I guess by negotiating with a club that the player does not want to join the agent has managed to set a high bar in terms of wages, at which any prospective employer will have to match or at least get close to in order to get him. And worst case scenario the player ends up at West Ham earning over £100k a week, granted that is a pretty bad scenario for Lacazette and he may well end up just staying at Lyon - but I did say 'worst case'.
If he moved to Spam with a £30m release clause it wouldn't be such a bad move - if he's PL proven, he get a better move eventually.

I know Poch conditioning can take months, but don't forget that the Euros players won't be back till about 1 August, so he'll hardly be behind.
I think the euro players, (if not injured) will be on the tour to Australia and will make short appearances.

Back