• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

How long does it take to do a medical? I mean really, how long? (as I have no idea).

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/what-goes-during-football-transfer-medical

Dr. Charlotte Cowie said:
I've been in the situation where a manager has said to me 'I want this player now, I think he could score 20 goals for me this season'.

I said, 'Well, there's a long-term injury risk ,but he's fine now'. And he said 'I'm happy to take him because I need him now. If he breaks down in a year or two I'm ready to accept the risk that we may have to buy again next season, but he's right for me now'.

She worked for Spurs from 2004 to 2007.

CnFxdqUXEAAQ3KS.jpg

Jordan Gould ‏@TheJordanGould 38m38 minutes ago
Vincent Janssen is in the near side seat. Now being driven to hotel @TSBible @SkySportsNewsHQ

I think that is the mistake that you are making. 2 out of the 3 parties were agreed and by all accounts AZ changed their valuation of the player at the last moment, meaning that it was set up for an early resolution, but because of AZ it didn't happen. Hopefully we get him in tomorrow, and you can celebrate our transfer strategy ;)

Which then raises the attendant question of why clubs feel they can pull this stunt with us with impunity when other clubs can go from initiating contact to finalizing deals in less than a week, and when we ourselves have shown that we can do the same if we want to, like with Son. It's a fair point to raise, but the counter-argument then becomes that AZ changing up the valuation shouldn't cause us to lose as much time as we have.

Anyway, yes, if he comes in today, I'll be happy. I still think we should have brought him in two or more weeks ago given the circumstances I've mentioned above, but much better late than never.

Which then raises the attendant question of why clubs feel they can pull this stunt with us with impunity when other clubs can go from initiating contact to finalizing deals in less than a week, and when we ourselves have shown that we can do the same if we want to, like with Son. It's a fair point to raise, but the counter-argument then becomes that AZ changing up the valuation shouldn't cause us to lose as much time as we have.

Anyway, yes, if he comes in today, I'll be happy. I still think we should have brought him in two or more weeks ago given the circumstances I've mentioned above, but much better late than never.

do we have any evidence of that being the case?

do we have any evidence of that being the case?

Batshuayi? The tons of deadline-day deals where players go 'I hadn't thought of a transfer before, but when <insert club here> came calling I jumped at the chance?' It isn't like such an assertion is unheard of - like I said, even we've done it at times, especially in scenarios where the player's eager to come and there are no international tournaments or anything that involve him. But, hey, at least he now looks like he's definitely here, so, like I mentioned to @Gazzasrightboot, better late than never, and I hope Poch puts him into pre-season training with a vengeance right from tomorrow morning to make up for lost time.

I wonder at the media...A certain rag in particular announcing a month ago we had secured him for a miserly 12million...Which in turn put those in AZ's heirarchy backs up. The ceo even said it himself about the reports. Perhaps its just me but our media do us no favours in our dealings...That very same rag is now poo pooing our chances with Gotze. Just making the point that we cannot control the media...Unless we leak something for our own gain,like starting a bidding war for a player we wish to shift. Have to say cant fault us as we have tried to do this early but have been beset with problems...Brexit and decreased value of the pound has also affected things i believe .

Batshuayi? The tons of deadline-day deals where players go 'I hadn't thought of a transfer before, but when <insert club here> came calling I jumped at the chance?' It isn't like such an assertion is unheard of - like I said, even we've done it at times, especially in scenarios where the player's eager to come and there are no international tournaments or anything that involve him. But, hey, at least he now looks like he's definitely here, so, like I mentioned to @Gazzasrightboot, better late than never, and I hope Poch puts him into pre-season training with a vengeance right from tomorrow morning to make up for lost time.

we have no idea how long Chelsea were tracking him and in contact with his agent

deadline day desperation style deals are unlikely to happen in July

we have no idea how long Chelsea were tracking him and in contact with his agent

deadline day desperation style deals are unlikely to happen in July
I thought we had lost our enthusiasm for him a while back anyway when he started demanding 100 k a week. Chelsea can always lurk in the shadows, let other teams do the legwork, gauge the prices and then steam in.

I thought we had lost our enthusiasm for him a while back anyway when he started demanding 100 k a week. Chelsea can always lurk in the shadows, let other teams do the legwork, gauge the prices and then steam in.

I don't think clubs even bother approaching other clubs these days until they have an agreement in principle with the player

Why do you think it's more likely he will get the #9? Number 18 has to be one of the best spurs shirts of our modern history. Just give the lad the 18, some would argue it's twice as good as 9.

That's kinda the point I was making, he wore #18 at AZ and it's a prolific shirt for us. I wrote it poorly, but I meant that I'd take a punt on him wearing #18.
The only reason I think #9 might be given to him is because we have no-one else to give it to.

Back