• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Villa ratings/thoughts

Raziel

Les Medley
Good first half (with caveat that Villa are poor), good final result, never really looked in doubt once the first goal went in.

Felt Sandro and our compressed midfield helped us look less vulnerable even with our FBs overcommitted as usual. Better pressing, better changes in tempo, more decisive final passing.

Nice to see the youngsters get a run out at the end, even though we were less effective (took our foot off).

Special mention to Naughton, though he has looked a lot better in the last few games.

Last edited:
Paulinho plays better alongside a player that can effectively "sit", tackle and break up play, shock horror.

Vlad - so so sloppy with his passing. Would give him 4/10, being generous because he made a couple of good recovery tackles.

Naughton 7.5- though he did very well, one lovely bit of skill Zidane style!

Vlad - so so sloppy with his passing. Would give him 4/10, being generous because he made a couple of good recovery tackles.

Naughton 7.5- though he did very well, one lovely bit of skill Zidane style!

I think Naughton has been solid at RB on the whole, I don't think we could get a better back up RB...

I think Naughton has been solid at RB on the whole, I don't think we could get a better back up RB...

I agree with this. I doubt we could find a better player who would be willing to be second choice. I also think we have bigger holes to fill.

i must be the only one who perfers naughton to walker.

walker forever given away stupid free kicks or being caught up the other end and have to sprint back.

some fool on a facebook group things naughton is championship quailty lol

Lloris -

Naughton - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Rose - 6

Siggy - 6
Paulinho - 6.5
Sandro - 7.5
Eriksen - 6

Kane - 7
Adebaoyor - 6.5

walker forever given away stupid free kicks or being caught up the other end and have to sprint back.

No, I'm with you.

Clearly, Walker is a better player, but I think he's too dim and selfish to ever be part of an effective system.

I'm minded to agree. He gave me so many palpitations playing at left-back and I did not want to see him play again for us but in his preferred role (surprise, surprise) he's been better. Especially with a few consecutive games. I wonder if he'd be happy going back to second choice or if he wants regular play and would leave for that.
Left back is far more of a concern. And let's see who is sold in summer and whether replacements are needed.

You are, Walker is a much better player (and Naughton like Rose has been stranded up field many time this season)

Re the guy on facebook, Naughton has had some mares in both LB & RB positions this season, but has gradually improved, markedly so in last 5 or so games.

Really hope we keep Naughton, like many have said he's a more than decent option for back up (just not at left back!)

Remember him recently saying that he would look for a move away if he cant get guaranteed football.

Really hope we keep Naughton, like many have said he's a more than decent option for back up (just not at left back!)

Remember him recently saying that he would look for a move away if he cant get guaranteed football.

Don't want to turn this into the Naughton thread but he has a few traits we desire in Walker (and vice-versa). Better with the ball imo but he needs to hit the gym as his upper body strength is poor. Still I prefer him to Rose (by a mile) however that said - Rose is a converted LB.

Sandro was MotM for me. The guy was essential to the first half performance. The fluidity we achieved between Paulinho, Eriksen and Siggy was largely down to his presence sitting in front of the back four.
Excellent first half that in reality could/should have yielded 4-5 goals.
Happy to see the young players get some time out and I liked the way we tried to pass it out from the back.
Felt at times our fullbacks committed themselves forward too early and our midfielders were left with no outball option to the flanks.

was nobody else alarmed by Vlad and his passes? I think the guy has some serious quality, he's deceptively quick, a good tackler and brings out the ball well, but has so often, played some suicidal passes from deep in our own half.
I'm sure I'm not being over critical, I certainly don't mean to, as I almost feel sorry for him with that barnet!

was nobody else alarmed by Vlad and his passes? I think the guy has some serious quality, he's deceptively quick, a good tackler and brings out the ball well, but has so often, played some suicidal passes from deep in our own half.
I'm sure I'm not being over critical, I certainly don't mean to, as I almost feel sorry for him with that barnet!

5F0CpQl.jpg

I can only remember one poor pass and he made up for it anyway.

Back