1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 23 Jun 2016.

1. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

As an occasional squad player, maybe. Way too risky to rely on him after such a serious lay off.

2. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

I think he has a chronic physical problem like Kevin and the aforementioned Dembele sadly.

The kicker here is they are worth SFA.

3. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

Yeah. Basically take Wanyama's place (potentially) while we actually buy a player (shock!) for the first team. Have to see how he comes back from injury I suppose, but he seemed to be Poch's pick of the young midfielders in pre-season, was making the bench a bit in competitive games iirc.

4. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Mitchell Thomas

In fairness Wanyama wasn’t that far off Ramsey. He made up a good bit of ground, fast, and caught Ramsey up just as he had rounded Lloris and had taken the shot. A more match fit Wanyama might just have made it.

5. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Gus Poyet

He’s not injured again is he?

6. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

I thought he did ok yesterday, certainly his is best post injury performance and assumed the sub was pre planned due to fitness / injury prevention. Don’t really see a place for two non creative midfielders in home games, especially if we are chasing games but he would be competing for the same place as Dier or Sissoko for me. We really need to sign an experienced midfielder who can dictate the tempo of the game.

Danny Rose has many qualities but a centre mid he isn’t, tried to do to much dribbling in his audition yesterday and if we really are in an emergency situation I’d have thought jan would have been the better option.

7. MKSpur

MKSpur Kasey Keller

It as frustrating as Ramsey isn’t the quickest but no blame on Wanyama and wasn’t worth a red card tackle. At first viewing I did wonder if Lloris could have done a big sprint out and get to the ball but it was a split second decision with high risk if he got it wrong. To be fair Ramsay took it well, although they are quicker I could have seen Agbaumeyang or Lacazette missing it with that much time to think. It still goes in the ‘gifted goal that gave inferior opposition a foothold in the game’ column for me.

StephenH, Glenda's Legs and SpurMeUp like this.
  8. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

Who the hell is Kevin????

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  9. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Lamela ;)

10. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Johnny Morrison

Agree. And it’s okay to have the odd one if we’re scoring. For example, costs 1 goal for every 3 we score throwing caution to the wind.

Poch has not got the 3 at the back's coordination slick yet. There’s enough personnel to cover a break like that, and get more support into midfield, but the 3 have to be acutely aware of each other and work harder to move forward and drop back; not as a unit always which is far more difficult.

One thing we need to improve playing higher level teams, is not conceding the first goal.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited: 3 Mar 2019
    StephenH likes this.
  11. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

I’m soooo behind!

StephenH likes this.
  12. parklane1

parklane1 Luka Modric

I thought he did well yesterday and IF he can stay fit he will be a asset for the run in, i think its harsh to say that Ramsey left him for dead, the truth is he started well behind him and nearly caught him.

braineclipse and Bedfordspurs like this.
  13. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Armstrong

I also thought he was ok. It was certainly a much better performance from Wanyama than his other performances since coming back from injury. I thought it looked as though he was starting to get a bit of sharpness back.

nayenezgani likes this.
  14. Mosquito_Coasting

Problem is he was withdrawn and we don't really get updates on his fitness anymore, he might be out for another month!

Bullet likes this.
  15. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Armstrong

It's not unusual for ap layer to come off at that stage of the game when early in their comeback from injury.

16. Raziel

Raziel Paul Stalteri

He did ok … that said, not sure we missed him when he went off.

Palacios, Parker, Sandro and now Wanyama, seems that when these "destroyer" types hit a certain place with injuries they become a shadow of their top capabilities, not sure I'm holding out hope that Wanyama of two seasons ago suddenly reappears ...

17. Mosquito_Coasting

I hope that’s what happened. Just I thought he already came back and then he disappeared for a month. Poch starting him was encouraging.

18. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Robinson

If he plays some part in either of the next two games then it's encouraging, if he doesn't it was likely desperation given neither Winks or Dier were available....

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  19. P.D.

P.D. Jonathan Woodgate