1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 23 Jun 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Young-Pyo Lee

How did he play against arsenal?

I can’t really watch games like that properly anymore - need to watch the heart and blood pressure nowadays, so have to go for protracted walks and disengage. Very annoying!

I saw him get subbed off but wasn’t sure if that was performance based, or just fitness/injury/ two big bastard destroyers being one too many in the middle.

2. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

He was terrible. A shell of his old self. Sissoko carried him through the first half, and we chose to play Rose in CM over him in the second

3. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Pedro Mendes Staff Member

We are all rather unrealistic in our expectation of him that he will simply come in against Arsenal with very little game time and be great. I’m not convinced he has a future at spurs anymore but I really don’t understand why the like of wanyama kwp and co don’t play u23 games to build sharpness

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

I actually thought he was pretty good.. Made some solid challenges and quick, accurate passes forward. Looked reasonably fit too.

He definitely got tired and was a bit rusty positionally, but there were worse players out there.

5. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Johnny Morrison

Apart from their goal, we controlled the first half well and Wanyama was everywhere. With Wanyama off the midfield was a lot more open.

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

No he wasn’t
    He was holding the CM together
    And we didn’t move for into CM until about 10 minutes after he went off

7. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

I holding judgement on Wanyama to see how his fitness holds up. Didn't notice his performance yesterday, will have look. Sissoko stole the show for me FOR US in midfield yesterday Wanyama looked pedestrian by comparison and made Ramsey look like Mr G. Bale.
    I sadly think he may no longer manage to hold a long term placement at a top side.

8. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Johnny Morrison

Sanchez would have probably made a block or a tackle on Ramsey, Wanyama didn't have the speed. Not sure where all 3 CBs were. Or if they should all push beyond the HW line. That was the issue - ramsey could run offside in his own half.

Wanyama needs to get to a place where he is comfortable taking the ball facing our goal, turning, and making passes forward. Yesterday we did suffer without him imo. First half we were a lot more composed. That may be Poch putting Llorente on, Rose in the middle etc.

9. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

No way you can blame him for their goal. Sanchez screwed the pooch on that one. Wanyama was never going to catch Ramsey easily starting so far back..

10. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

Considering how little game time he has had and the game he had to come back into, i wasn't a bad performance. Not great, but not bad. And when he went off, the difference was huge (and not in a good way) until Poch rectified his phuck up by moving Rose into midfield (and I'd say Wanyama was doing better there than Rose ended up doing).

Hopefully, he can play a part in the run-in. We need the bodies.

11. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

This 'curveball' is no longer surprising or sadly helping us. Not Llorente's fault, a case of the square peg in round hole.
    Wanyama I think will sadly take a similar route to Dembele the end of the season.

12. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

It won't be sad if we can get a couple of decent young central midfield prospects in.. Havertz or Goretzka would be amazing.

I'm not willing to give up on Big Vic just yet mind you. He could be very important in this final run, if he can stay fit.

13. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Where am I blaming him?
    No, your wright, Sanchez all the way.
    He just does no longer possess the pace to impact the game in those recovery situations.
    I like "Sanchez screwed the pooch on that one"

14. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

I'll have a look at them.
    Cost? guesstimate?

I want to sell Kevin and get Brooks at Bournemouth

15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

Goretzka is starting most games for Bayern now and is a key player

haivertz id never heard of until a few weeks ago but have seen enough of him on video clips and highlights to see that he is proper prospect.... said it before but for me he looks like a young Ozil but with an engine to run. Would possibly be a good replacement for Eriksen

16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

Apologies, I thought referring to him being 'left behind' by Ramsey was you apportioning blame.. Glad it wasn't

Pace isn't the key attribute for Wanyama reallly, it's his strength, guile and ability to pass better than you expect.

I'm keen to see how he goes in a few more games. He's only 27 don't forget.

17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

Haivertz £40m

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  18. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Teemu Tainio

Goretzka 80+ :(

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Les Medley

I’d say so

If they rate him as highly as it appears they do

He only signed on a free this summer too

20. StephenH

StephenH Jack Jull

Don't like those figures guys. They would give Daniel hypertension!

nayenezgani likes this.
  21. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

I wonder if there's any chance Amos comes through next season. Poch seemed to like him before the injury.