• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

If that was Juventus's plan A they haven't thought it through very well. Klopp isn't going to leave Liverpool any time soon, although its fun to rile Liverpool supporters.

And it looks like Conte is going to Inter.

It's an interesting article, but frustratingly short on specifics. I can see why the analyses were useful in recruiting Keita and Salah, and the suggestion that Salah and Firminho were a good pairing. But the article seems to imply that the stats are affecting on field strategy. The only clue was the suggestion that Robertson's crosses from the left were less effective than those from the right (which might be encouraging for next weekend).

P.S. Funny how they say Emirates Marketing Project has a business relationship with the NY Yankees without mentioning the name of the MLS team. This in an article about football. Or is it an article about Americans reinventing football.

P.P.S. The description of Kroenke as wife of an heiress was amusing.

66b8c78d7ed6180e2d1050abc420f8ed.jpg

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Just ignore all the ridiculous americanised descriptions of football and how it's played, and this is an interesting read. Can't remember this guy being at Spurs, TBH.

How Data (and Some Breathtaking Soccer) bought Liverpool to the Cusp of Glory

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html

I wonder if his time at Spurs overlaps with Comolli, who later went to Liverpool. The NYT says he advised Spurs from 2008 to 2012, which could mean he was a Comolli hire or it could mean he was hired after Comolli left in 2012. Either way, it shows Levy was still pursuing a more technical approach than the traditional manager even when Comolli left.

On the other hand, Redknapp was manager from 2008 to 2012. Surely Graham wasn't a 'Arry hiring. Modelling football as a complex system doesn't really fit with run around a bit.

The Sunday Times has an article on "Team Klopp". Strangely it doesn't mention Graham or focus on the role of Moneyball and American sporting genius like the NYT article.The names mentioned are Pep Lijnders (assistant coach), Peter Krawietz (chief analyst and long-term Klopp collaborator), Harrison Kingston and Mark Leyland (match analysts), Greg Mathieson and James French (opposition analysts), etc.

Jurgen Klopp depends on brains trust

Pep Lijnders, Liverpool’s assistant first-team coach, ... is one cornerstone of Team Klopp, the tight-knit staff around the German manager whose role in Liverpool’s tremendous season should not be underplayed. “Pep Lijnders, I could write a book about him, about what a big influence he had. About what a fantastic young . . . I still don’t know what his title is . . . assistant manager,” Klopp said.

Lijnders returned to his post after a brief stint managing NEC Nijmegen in Holland’s second tier last season. He replaced Zeljko Buvac, Klopp's former long-term right-hand man, who left Liverpool mysteriously last April. Back then, there was speculation Buvac's exit would destabilise Klopp’s reign but the opposite has occurred, with Team Klopp refreshed and seemingly more effective than ever.

Klopp’s other long-term collaborator is Peter Krawietz, who was his chief scout at Mainz and is described as a genius at the fine detail of the game. Krawietz oversees Liverpool’s analysis and at about 42 minutes in a game will sprint down the touchline to meet match analysts Harrison Kingston and Mark Leyland.

Krawietz tells them which clips of play to prepare. Then Klopp will arrive at half-time and go into a huddle with the group. At Anfield, an office off the home dressing room has been prepared for this purpose but at away grounds they improvise — having their meeting in toilet cubicles on occasion. Klopp selects from the clips Krawietz offers and then, before being sent out for the second half, Liverpool’s players view the relevant video.

Krawietz and the analysts are the brains trust behind Liverpool’s set-piece revolution. Before the season, Klopp identified this as an area his side had to improve and Kingston and Leyland plus opposition analysts Greg Mathieson and James French — directed by Krawietz — devised new routines.

“It was clear the players we have and the talent of the boys who take set-pieces and crosses, that we didn’t score enough from these situations. So we focused on it. The analysis department came up with proposals for what we could do and the outcome is brilliant,” Klopp says.

Throw-in coach Thomas Gronnemark, head of nutrition Mona Nemmer, and conditioning guru Andreas Kornmayer get attention because they are leaders in areas increasingly embraced in football but “traditional” members of Klopp’s staff are fundamental too — like the physios Lee Nobes and Christopher Rohrbeck.

Then there are the goalkeeping coaches whose work, if it goes to penalties in Madrid, will be particularly vital. In September, Jack Robinson joined from the Football Association to complement John Achterberg and “how they deal with the goalies, bringing in Alisson when Simon [Mignolet] was already the No 1 and how they brought the guys together [was important],” Klopp says.

“So many details make it all and I don’t normally speak about it because I will forget somebody and that wouldn’t show the respect I want to show. All [the staff] know how important they are because we don’t hide our praise or giving of credit in our daily work.”

Last edited:
Embarassing from this clam

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...spurs-carragher-angry-champions-league-final/

LIVERPOOL legend Jamie Carragher has revealed he's "p***ed off" with Champions League final's scheduling - saying it benefits Tottenham.

The Reds take on Spurs in the European showdown at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano on June 1 - three weeks after the Premier League season ended

And Carragher, a Champions League winner himself in 2005's Miracle of Istanbul, has criticised the lengthy delay.

Carra claims the long break helps Tottenham, who have been decimated by a spate of injuries in recent months, including talisman Harry Kane.

The England skipper, 25, has been out of action since the Champions League quarter-final with Emirates Marketing Project with yet another serious ankle injury.

But now he is close to being deemed fit to return - with Carragher fuming.

The Kop idol told The Anfield Wrap: It’s a weird one really. You normally go away and that’s what Liverpool have done - going to Marbella.

SPURRED ON
“No-one’s been able to give me a reason why the Champions League is three weeks after the league campaign.

“It’s normally two weeks, where you have the FA Cup then the week after is the Champions League.

“That’s p***ed me off a little bit that to be honest. I think it probably helps Spurs more than us, I would say.

“I think they’ve got bigger injury problems than us, certainly with Harry Kane, Harry Winks, other little knocks they had towards the end of the season.

"It gives you an extra week to be fit. I think we’re in much better form than Tottenham in 2019 and a longer break will not help that, really, in some ways.

Embarassing from this clam

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...spurs-carragher-angry-champions-league-final/

LIVERPOOL legend Jamie Carragher has revealed he's "p***ed off" with Champions League final's scheduling - saying it benefits Tottenham.

The Reds take on Spurs in the European showdown at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano on June 1 - three weeks after the Premier League season ended

And Carragher, a Champions League winner himself in 2005's Miracle of Istanbul, has criticised the lengthy delay.

Carra claims the long break helps Tottenham, who have been decimated by a spate of injuries in recent months, including talisman Harry Kane.

The England skipper, 25, has been out of action since the Champions League quarter-final with Emirates Marketing Project with yet another serious ankle injury.

But now he is close to being deemed fit to return - with Carragher fuming.

The Kop idol told The Anfield Wrap: It’s a weird one really. You normally go away and that’s what Liverpool have done - going to Marbella.

SPURRED ON
“No-one’s been able to give me a reason why the Champions League is three weeks after the league campaign.

“It’s normally two weeks, where you have the FA Cup then the week after is the Champions League.

“That’s p***ed me off a little bit that to be honest. I think it probably helps Spurs more than us, I would say.

“I think they’ve got bigger injury problems than us, certainly with Harry Kane, Harry Winks, other little knocks they had towards the end of the season.

"It gives you an extra week to be fit. I think we’re in much better form than Tottenham in 2019 and a longer break will not help that, really, in some ways.
I posted it in the match thread yesterday. Carragher is an absolute macaron. Still sulking after they bottled the league.

Last edited:
He's right though - the break helps us more than them
Yes, if you don't want a game where both teams can field their best team, you can say that.
The 'momentum' bit is just utter horse manure! Apparently they will lose momentum by not playing during the (long) break, and somehow we will gain momentum by...... eh..... not playing.

He's just a fudging village idiot, who is afraid because we, for once, will be able to field pretty much our best team, and he knows we're able to beat them. Utter bellend.

Yes, if you don't want a game where both teams can field their best team, you can say that.
The 'momentum' bit is just utter horse manure! Apparently they will lose momentum by not playing during the (long) break, and somehow we will gain momentum by...... eh..... not playing.

He's just a fudging village idiot, who is afraid because we, for once, will be able to field pretty much our best team, and he knows we're able to beat them. Utter bellend.

He's afraid alright, losing to city and RM is one thing, even the Valencia defeat was kind of acceptable, but losing to Spurs, in a CL Final, there's just no excuse for that.
If they lose this it will be a wake of epic proportions,and klopp would need to hope they hit the ground running next season.

I truly can't believe, in this day and age, that someone would post something like this. I wouldn't even expect it of Spam or Cheatski fans.

[Put in spoiler because it contains Auschwitz-type pictures that some might find distressing]

The thing I find most amazing is that he's posted about an event where Liverpool weren't the victims

He's afraid that they are in spitting distance of #6 and will slip up.

Definitely. He wouldn't have complained had it been the other way around though.

The final date has been set for at least a year; it's only bad luck for Liverpool that their opponents would benefit more from that break than them. Just like Salah's countless dives not being spotted by referees was bad luck for their opponents.

Its worked to our benefit, but the bit that gets me is he works for Sky Sports and doesnt know why the CL final is when it is.

If he needed to know that it is booked not with an all English final in mind, and so has to come a week or so after the league season in Germany, Italy, Span, France, etc has finished in order to accommodate the potential finalists...

...Well he could literally have turned to his left and asked.

The final is when it always is. As memory serves the EPL finished a bit early (could be mistaken) which will have compounded the issue of a gap.

Last edited:
Back