1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Victimpool thread

Discussion in 'General Football' started by southstand1882, 28 Jan 2012.

1. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Vedran Corluka

Boo hoo the media tell me it's such a shame Liverpool didn't win league, they only lost 1 game (sob), they got record number of points for a runner up (wipes away tear), how about the 10 point lead on City? I know of an other team who would be labelled "bottlers" in such circumstances. Looking forward to the 3 weeks of articles and programmes telling me of how much the whole country is behind them and hoping they win the CL because they deserve something from this season and their players telling us of "their journey", "tragedies in their families" and close relationship with "their GHod", the full BGT/Xfactor routine.

2. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

Wouldn't call it a nightmare...still easily capable of top4 when you look at us, chelsea, arsenal and manyoo as opponents. There is a lot less wrong with their team than the rest of us. They'll be hard pushed to get near 97 PTS again but since sorting out their defence it's cut out the stupid losses that killed them before.

3. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Tom Huddlestone

This is the whole point of my posts - I dont think theyll get near 97 points again. It was a superhuman effort (and fortune) to get there this time, its not a repeatable feat for them IMO.

A bad start, getting off on the wrong foot - I can see that setting them up for a very poor season. Pressure mounts, and they have shown they dont like it...

Do you honestly think Klopp could have delivered for us what Poch has this season? I dont.

I think he is a manager that thrives on momentum. And when that goes against him he doesnt really know what to do.

"Sorted their defence" - we'll have to wait and see. They have done well without doubt, but the keeper looks like an accident waiting to happen and got away with it a number of times this season, and VVD isnt the messiah - theres only so much he can do playing with Lovren/Kavan/Matip...

milo likes this.
  4. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Vedran Corluka

They've conceded eff all goals..and that's from looking like a defensive shambles the previous years. So it's fair to say they've sorted their defence. Not perfect. But whose defence is?

VVD, AA, AR I'd have in our side tomorrow.

You could be right about Klopp, he does appear to love the drama and emotion of the journey and if that falters it deflates him., You could kins of see that in his face at the game yesterday.

But, theyre easily an 80point team...easily capable of scoring goals and keeping them out. And as I said, the rest of us are either looking at rebuilds, or in a bit of a mess.

5. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Its much improved, Im not denying that - my whole point about them though is this season has been like 200% form, and I dont expect that to continue.

EVERYTHING went their way, massive chunks of good fortune, and it cant continue. I dont see them as playing that well to support their stats, if you see what I mean.

"easily" 80 point team? Thats a bit much for me. I think 80 points for them next year will be a bloody good season.

I fully expect them to be top 4, but whether or not they are 2nd or 4th as you say largely depends on how much other sides step up too.

scaramanga likes this.
  6. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

7. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

With VAR in this season they would have had 80 points tops

scaramanga, Huddy, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  8. jts1882

jts1882 Chris Armstrong

I think it's time for a petition to give Liverpool share of title. Justice for the 97 points.

SteveAWOL, Huddy, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  9. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

How about a day of national mourning?

10. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Sean Davis

As opposed to year of scouse moaning

11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

I prefer their moaning to some we get on here.

12. Robspur12

Robspur12 Mitchell Thomas

I am all for gloating about Liverpool's failures but I would rather wait outside until we beat them in 3 weeks time.

13. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I wonder if someone will go through every game played in the season and come up with a revised VAR table, that'd be interesting.

glasgowspur likes this.
  14. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Simon Davies

Wrong. They're the princesses of all our hearts. Kloppy says so.

15. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

With his desperate need to be loved he's gone the full scouse and will say anything to placate their entitled fans.

16. 90291Spur

90291Spur Frederic Kanoute

Barry Glendenning, from the Graunaid Football Weekly Podcast who loves to call us bottlers, said today that he didn’t think Liverpool bottled it by throwing away a 7 point lead (it was 10 with Blood soaked Oil FC having a game in hand). Twunt.

17. Robbo

Robbo Steve Carr

Our end of season form was actually better the year we got second, than Liverpool's this year:

Liverpool 18/19: DDWDWDWWWWWWWWW
    Spurs 16/17: WLWWWWWWWWWLWWW

Last edited: 14 May 2019
  18. Gazza

Gazza Mauricio Taricco

Emirates Marketing Project singing songs on a plane

19. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Vedran Corluka

They MUST be about Hillsborough, of course...

scaramanga likes this.
  20. nayimfromthehalfwayline

Oh for fudges sake...