• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Absolutely. I would be over the moon just being in a CL final, even if it would have been fun meeting someone a little more "exiting" than a team we face at least twice a season. But it is a result of the premiership's strength over the other leagues, that's for sure. But as you say, the new stadium will let us be able to at least match the other clubs' wages, even if I hate the way that has spiralled out of control. With the way the club is run there will be more opportunites, even if we fail this year!

To say nothing about getting Origi to score two of the goals.
Yeah what was up with that? That said, the setup for the deciding goal was one of the most horrific things I've ever seen in a game of professional football, and nothing but worthy of capital punishment.

Absolutely. I would be over the moon just being in a CL final, even if it would have been fun meeting someone a little more "exiting" than a team we face at least twice a season. But it is a result of the premiership's strength over the other leagues, that's for sure. But as you say, the new stadium will let us be able to at least match the other clubs' wages, even if I hate the way that has spiralled out of control. With the way the club is run there will be more opportunites, even if we fail this year!
Those clams always have to ruin everything.

They get us all banned from European football for years, make us sit down at football in perpetuity and now they've fudged all the glamour out of a CL final and taken away our chance to beat a big team in it.

They deserve total credit and nothing else. If we show that desire we will play them in June.
When Barca, the runaway Spanish champions and tiki-taka team above all cannot string 3 passes together, they were all there for the taking. Liverpool were great, but Barca was also sloppy, arrogant and complacent in addition to being tinkle poor all over. Ajax did not impress me the way I thought they would, bar the first 20 minutes before we shook the nerves, and I think we will go through as long as we show half the hunger and willpower Liverpool showed last night.

I'm also convinced that we will match Liverpool much better than Ajax, on the sole ground that as mentioned we play them twice a year. We have also given them a good fight the last games. Whether or not that is sufficient remains to be seen, I doubt it, but if Ajax should go through they will get spanked into tears. I'm pretty optimistic it will be an all-English final on June 1st.

Fantastic result for Liverpool and they deserve all the credit they get. I thought Barca were awful and it really showed them up as a one man team, I said to my son before the game apart Messi and Suarez I wouldn't take any of their team and I have never been convinced that Vidal is any good as I've never seen him have a decent game. Before anyone says Suarez is a clam I'm just talking about his football ability, if you just have players in your team that are all nice blokes you win nothing.

Fantastic result for Liverpool and they deserve all the credit they get. I thought Barca were awful and it really showed them up as a one man team, I said to my son before the game apart Messi and Suarez I wouldn't take any of their team and I have never been convinced that Vidal is any good as I've never seen him have a decent game. Before anyone says Suarez is a clam I'm just talking about his football ability, if you just have players in your team that are all nice blokes you win nothing.

Agree with the highlighted, they came to play.

That said, the legacy of this Barca side and Messi's role really has to be questioned, their 9 million La Liga titles aside, the fact that they have been consistently outperformed by the circus that is Real Madrid in CL over the last 5-7 years really highlights how overrated the perception of them is.

We are the underdog. We'll probably go 1-0 down. It'll happen early. Some comedic defending. All at sea again, the familiar feeling, the hope drains away. Hanging on for dear life.

But then we come back, a fluke goal, bundled in by Sissoko! Right before half-time!

Harry comes off the bench, he looks a shadow of the player he normally is, rusty as hell. Liverpool come at us, but we give as good as we get. Chances are missed at both ends. Time ticks on. Dele is coming into the game more...he gets fouled in the box! It's a close call, but VAR says...PENALTY! 89 mins on the clock, Kane steps up and BOOM! Top Corner! Spurs hang on for a few minutes, Ham Salad goes down in the box, VAR says...DIVE! No penalty! Hugo hoofs the ball into the sky...and we've done it!
Well we certainly have plenty of previous when it comes to conceding early :eek:

I want to know why our totally unbias media aren't full of stories about Klipp Klopp going to Barca along with Salad and the greatest centreback in the history (premier league) of the game.

The last few winners of the the league apart from City have all played a similar style of football to Liverpool(Chelsea, Leicester). English football isn't inherently tactical and to win the league doesn't require a team to be a great footballing one. Funnily enough this is the reason English teams often struggle in international football and the later stages of European competition, cause then they meet teams that are good enough to defend direct football and good enough not to give the ball back when they get it. This is not a new issue, it has plagued English football for years.

The question then becomes is it worth trying to play football as it is not necessary to be a successful domestic side, A lot of our issues are caused by our possession based style, and only City have the resources to buy good enough players to play it to the highest level. Ferguson ended up with two distinct playing styles to adapt between the league and Europe in the end after failing to crack it for so long.

I dont agree at all.

Spurs Liverpool CL final this year, every chance of a Chelsea/Arsenal Europa final as well.

Not the first all-Pl final(s) either, is it?

Pl teams regularly make the semis/final in the CL, regularly make the knock outs at least.

I dont think there is any real strength to the argument PL teams struggle with European competition.

I dont think Chelsea played like Liverpool/Leicester either. And if I go back further to Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea (under Mourinho) they were teams with real style and hardly the type of basic cliche you are trying to paint PL teams as having.

Last edited:
Back