• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

11kav49.jpg

Here's a question for the Liverpool haters, would you take the FA Cup if it meant Liverpool win the CL this year?

As long as we finish top 4, which has to be our priority, then yes, of course. Much as I don't want to see Liverpool winning the CL*, what is best for my club will always take precedence for me. And to be willing to write off the FA Cup just so that another team doesn't win something would be bizarre imo. (I might struggle more if your question replaced Liverpool with Woolwich (if it were relevant), but even then what's best for Spurs has to come first.

*It's funny how things have changed over the years, where 25-30 years ago and more, most people would always cheer on any English team in Europe, except for their closet rivals. I guess it's football saturation, social media as well as the greater spoils available now that have bought partisanship to European competitions as well.

As long as we finish top 4, which has to be our priority, then yes, of course. Much as I don't want to see Liverpool winning the CL*, what is best for my club will always take precedence for me. And to be willing to write off the FA Cup just so that another team doesn't win something would be bizarre imo. (I might struggle more if your question replaced Liverpool with Woolwich (if it were relevant), but even then what's best for Spurs has to come first.

*It's funny how things have changed over the years, where 25-30 years ago and more, most people would always cheer on any English team in Europe, except for their closet rivals. I guess it's football saturation, social media as well as the greater spoils available now that have bought partisanship to European competitions as well.

I think people do to some extent ..

The issue is every one of the big 6 seem to have some beef with Spurs ... so fudge them.

I don't think you have to go back 25 years. What about 2005? I remember enjoying Liverpool's comeback victory. I wanted United to win their finals too.

One factor could be that then was the period of the Sky Four. None of them were our rivals competitively, although the local rivalries existed. Now that has changed and Liverpool are our rivals for the top four placings. This is probably only part of it as I was strongly in favour of City beating them. I would have wanted City to win against any of the other contenders, but perhaps I just acknowledge that they are out of reach.

Here's a question for the Liverpool haters, would you take the FA Cup if it meant Liverpool win the CL this year?
Yes, their success doesn’t dilute ours.

In terms of cheering on English teams, I have friends of championship and league one clubs who see it as flying the flag for our league, but I believe this is due to the proximity of the rivalry. I’m sure lower league clubs don’t cheer on an upset by their rivals in the domestic cups as it represents the quality of their league, more likely to be jealous of the greater financial income and positive media coverage that stems from the result.

Watched Roma last night in the derby and aside from being a awful game, if Roma play like they did last night Liverpool will walk it.

I personally as a lifelong Liverpool sufferer I'm not to bothered who wins. They have played some good stuff to get there.

FA cup semi - who knows - not confident but I never am.

Watched Roma last night in the derby and aside from being a awful game, if Roma play like they did last night Liverpool will walk it.

I personally as a lifelong Liverpool sufferer I'm not to bothered who wins. They have played some good stuff to get there.

FA cup semi - who knows - not confident but I never am.
I was joking when i said Big Faz was bossing it in their quarter final........he is literally a plodding giant. Salah,Mane, Firminio will have a field day with him.

Half the time he looked like he didnt know what he was doing, or meant to be doing.

I was joking when i said Big Faz was bossing it in their quarter final........he is literally a plodding giant. Salad,Mane, Firminio will have a field day with him.

Half the time he looked like he didnt know what he was doing, or meant to be doing.

Italian sides change the pace of the game and are tactically very well organized, if Pool expects they will have attacking overloads on the break against Roma, they will be in for a surprise.

I'd expect Pool to win simply because I'd expect us to win against Roma, but I wouldn't be surprised if Roma wins, because at times Pool can be tactically naïve.

It's not just RAWK, the delusion is getting stronger with every good result.

Some no mark ex-footballer turned pundit that also happens to be a scouser a.k.a. Micky Quinn said:
I just think that Klopp is trying to build a team to challenge for that elusive Premier League, which they’ve never won.

He’s put the pieces together. They play some sensational football like City as well – the front three are second to none and he’ll add to that.

I think he’s got a war chest of about £250million to spend on players next season – and he deserves it. Especially if he wins the Champions League, which will be unbelievable.

I think Spurs are going to be hindered with the ground – financially can they compete with Emirates Marketing Project and recruit? I don’t know.

Manchester United, I think it’s going to be more of the same they’ll be there or thereabouts next season but I don’t think they’ll genuinely challenge Emirates Marketing Project.

With Klopp – his passion, his ideas, his brand of football, it’s no coincidence or fluke that he has a great record against Pep Guardiola teams as well.

It’s going to be a title challenge next season for Liverpool Football Club.

Back