• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I cannot bring myself to want Chelsea to win the FA cup. I hate them with an absolute passion. Money doped clams, smug racist fans, who all say “i supported Chelsea before we had money” etc. i just cannot stand them and I hope this takeover thing fudges them so far up the arse they never recover.

Arsenal for me are our rivals, don’t get me wrong, i love getting one over on them and really enjoy their failure, but I respect they are a proper club, run a proper way and I have lots of gooner mates with whom I can have a good chat and banter with.

IMHO Liverpool are just self entitled tossers who the press suck up to, But They have “the greatest fan base in the world” apparently!!!!! Their constant cheating, Klopps inability to praise a team that do well agains his diving clams, and their irritating fans just tinkle me right off.

but, when they are on song, they are good to watch!

so I would prefer it if Liverpool beat Chelsea - but I would love to see Benzema get 5 again them in the CL final!

Its that time of year when the big players are either getting ready to force a move or a new bigger and better contract, so this kind of nonsense isn't surprising.
This time last year it was harry and his "i score as many as messi or Ronaldo".
Not to take the thread too far off topic but I've seen you mention that part of the interview quite often - Not going to go as far as to say you've got the wrong end of the stick as it's always open to interpretation, but without checking the exact wording I feel like he was more saying that the level of those players is where he wants to be rather than out right saying "I'm as good as CR7 / Messi.."

Not to take the thread too far off topic but I've seen you mention that part of the interview quite often - Not going to go as far as to say you've got the wrong end of the stick as it's always open to interpretation, but without checking the exact wording I feel like he was more saying that the level of those players is where he wants to be rather than out right saying "I'm as good as CR7 / Messi.."

He's was comparing himself to messi and Ronaldo and the length of their career at the very top of the game.
As good as harry is he will never reach those heights, its a silly comparison but as i said in my original post one players make at this time of year.

He's was comparing himself to messi and Ronaldo and the length of their career at the very top of the game.
As good as harry is he will never reach those heights, its a silly comparison but as i said in my original post one players make at this time of year.

The only relevant quote I could find in the transcript (which may not be comprehensive) was - "Injuries I guess in my mind would be the only things but I feel like I’ve got a good seven or eight years at the top when you look kind of the Messis, Ronaldos … your Ibrahimovics all kind of getting better as they get, reach their early 30s."

Unless you can find a better one of what he actually said it seems odd to keep using it as the stick to keep beating him with. He should aim to be as good as the best, but I don't believe he explicitly said he was as good.

The only relevant quote I could find in the transcript (which may not be comprehensive) was - "Injuries I guess in my mind would be the only things but I feel like I’ve got a good seven or eight years at the top when you look kind of the Messis, Ronaldos … your Ibrahimovics all kind of getting better as they get, reach their early 30s."

Unless you can find a better one of what he actually said it seems odd to keep using it as the stick to keep beating him with. He should aim to be as good as the best, but I don't believe he explicitly said he was as good.

I'm not beating him with a stick, he is not at their level and there is no shame in that, that interview, just like salahs, was about upping their money with unrealistic comparisons.
If salah had said i'm amongst the best, or harry had used salah, kdb or lewandoski (sorry for spelling :rolleyes:) no one would have batted an eyelid.
I didn't write that original post as an attack on harry, but as a spurs supporter that is the example of players saying silky things that i am most familiar with.
I'm sure that the likes of Grealish, rice and sterling to name a few have done similar, but i don't bother with them.

I'm not beating him with a stick, he is not at their level and there is no shame in that, that interview, just like salahs, was about upping their money with unrealistic comparisons.
If salah had said i'm amongst the best, or harry had used salah, kdb or lewandoski (sorry for spelling :rolleyes:) no one would have batted an eyelid.
I didn't write that original post as an attack on harry, but as a spurs supporter that is the example of players saying silky things that i am most familiar with.
I'm sure that the likes of Grealish, rice and sterling to name a few have done similar, but i don't bother with them.

So no quote then? Understand the annoyance about the interview, for me especially the estimating his own price - But you have explicitly mentioned about this comparison numerous times, if not a stick it's maybe the branch Basil Fawlty was smashing his car with at this stage.

Double down without any evidence if you must, alas I cannot find quotes to back up your interpretation of what he said.

So no quote then? Understand the annoyance about the interview, for me especially the estimating his own price - But you have explicitly mentioned about this comparison numerous times, if not a stick it's maybe the branch Basil Fawlty was smashing his car with at this stage.

Double down without any evidence if you must, alas I cannot find quotes to back up your interpretation of what he said.

If there is anyone in here with a stick mate its you.
I've explained my reasoning for my post, i have neither the time nor inclination to go through an interview from over a year ago, you are choosing to interpret as something my post was never intended to be, so i'll leave it there.
Enjoy the match today.

If there is anyone in here with a stick mate its you.
I've explained my reasoning for my post, i have neither the time nor inclination to go through an interview from over a year ago, you are choosing to interpret as something my post was never intended to be, so i'll leave it there.
Enjoy the match today.

Okay, I wasn't trying to hit a nerve or anything. If you find the time it might be worth looking at the interview if you're going to keep on bringing it up.

Okay, I wasn't trying to hit a nerve or anything. If you find the time it might be worth looking at the interview if you're going to keep on bringing it up.

I think we are all bit nervy just now :(.
The interview is in the past, i only mentioned it as an example of silly things players say, lets focus on the here and now and hope we get the job done today.

Back