• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Veltman

Honestly I don't see this happening unless we lose Vertonghen, the kid seems to love Ajax and they don't want to sell. With that said, if FDB rocks up with Stam in his coaching team (apparently he has worked really hard with Veltman this year) then it's possible that he would make the move.

Never heard of him before this thread :)

Contract until 2018 will be a stumbling block, Levy can't twist their arm.

Not impossible if we get FdB I would have thought, not that uncommon for a manage to bring along a couple players and Ajax will sell in the end for the right price.

Never seen him play, but can be sure he's been well coached and will have a good technique. At £8m would seem an ideal buy.

He's not a real fullback though is he? He's just been pushed there from CB.

Toby and Jan may not be real fullbacks either but they can play there, Dier can also play in several different positions, Davies can play CB as well as FB. And players who can come through the Ajax ( as he has) are taught to be able to play in several positions.

For £8m, seems like a bargain, particularly if you believe that Wimmer can be flogged for a higher amount.

Only question is whether, at a shade over 6 foot, he's tall enough to be a CB in the PL

For £8m, seems like a bargain, particularly if you believe that Wimmer can be flogged for a higher amount.

Only question is whether, at a shade over 6 foot, he's tall enough to be a CB in the PL

I've always found a shade over 6 foot is a good height for CB, taller ones tend to be ungainly and don't get the leap to the ball.

Yep, they may not be as big as they once were but their academy has always been among the best i have seen.
I (my club) have been on the receiving end of a football lesson at under 13 level from their academy kids. And it was a lesson in every sense of the word. I walked away knowing more about football than before the encounter.

There was a kid in the goal that day that impressed me no end. When I say kid he was already 6 foot and built like a tank with a booming voice you could hear all over the park. For the entire match he was barking orders out to his team and to a man (boy) they did what he asked. I must look him up.
The patterns and movement were a joy to behold that day.
More Ajax players please.

Last edited:
Back