• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

Well, opinions and that.

Im not saying he wasnt a quality player, just that I felt by the time he went it was right.

As I said, I dont feel he grew with us, and eventually we needed more than he offered.

None of which is to try and deny he did great things for us and was a terrific servant to the club.

Well, opinions and that.

Im not saying he wasnt a quality player, just that I felt by the time he went it was right.

As I said, I dont feel he grew with us, and eventually we needed more than he offered.

None of which is to try and deny he did great things for us and was a terrific servant to the club.
I think he left when at his peak and him going badly damaged us as opposed to allowing us to improve.

Interestingly enough in Van Der Vaart's two seasons with us he scored 15 and then 13 goals. So a reasonable drop compared to Keane's final two seasons at Spurs.

I loved VDV. He was my favourite Spurs player in those two years that he was at the club, but I'm not sure that he was really any better for us than Robbie Keane was and certainly didn't do the business over the same length of time that Keane did.

I think he left when at his peak and him going badly damaged us as opposed to allowing us to improve.

Interestingly enough in Van Der Vaart's two seasons with us he scored 15 and then 13 goals. So a reasonable drop compared to Keane's final two seasons at Spurs.

I loved VDV. He was my favourite Spurs player in those two years that he was at the club, but I'm not sure that he was really any better for us than Robbie Keane was and certainly didn't do the business over the same length of time that Keane did.

His peak, maybe - but the feeling remains I was ok with him going.

I was actually disappointed when he returned, I was really enjoying Defoes performances at the time and it felt like a total knee jerk and a backward step. And Im not sure it was ever the same Keane once he was back.

I loved VDV, something about him, a confidence, was a revelation at the time. I would agree with you though, his time was short and sweet, and in a direct comparison Id value Keanes contribution higher.

I thought it was dududududududududu Rafa van der Vaart, van der Vaart, Rafa van der Vaart? Maybe not as clever, but at least it was around when he was still playing for the club... ;)

Interesting, I wonder if he’s any good or it’s just a thing because of who he is, getting a BDO entry isn’t as hard as you’d think.

Back