1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Van Der Vaart

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Jurgen the German, 8 Mar 2014.

1. Rorschach

Rorschach David Ginola

This is not entirely true. He's been poor for the majority of the season, irrespective of what his goal scoring/assists stats look like. Looks like he only really plays well when Ronaldo is not on the pitch from what I have seen.

On your general point that we got the worse end of the deal well maybe yeah. I still harbour hopes that our newbies will settle and be far more effective next season. They are all international players of a certain quality and should be doing far better than they are.

2. chancer

chancer Gudni Bergsson

Seriously flakey personality. Posting pictures of his happy family every 5 minutes and then having his marriage fall to pieces so spectacularly and so quickly just smacks of narcissism to me. Either don't post that stuff and do what you want in private, or do post it and behave yourself. Can't have it both ways. Well rid.

3. Raziel

Raziel Paul Stalteri

**** me mate, if that's playing poorly ...

Yes, stats can lie, but 14 odd goals and 13 or so assists in sub 25 starts can't really be interpreted as playing badly ...

4. Rorschach

Rorschach David Ginola

Well I can only tell you what I have seen with my own eyes and I have been watching a lot of RM this season. In fact I watch a lot of the Madrid teams as my brother is married into a Madrid family of football nuts (mostly AM not RM ). From what I have seen Bale has largely been peripheral to the action and in some of his earlier games in particular he hardly touched the ball. I kid you not. I think the stats don't tell the full tale in Bale's case. You have to consider that RM steamroller most of the teams in their division and so the stats can be skewed while performance levels still be poor. There is every chance that playing someone else in his position might have yielded better numbers!!!

I running Bale down a bit but I won't deny he's had his good moments too, especially in the last month or so, and he looks like he is finding his feet over there. This is probably telling in itself as Modric went through similar teething problems last season and now is one of the best performers in the RM team. There's an obvious lesson here for Spurs too in that we shouldn't write off our own new signings so readily.

5. Enter the Pitbull

Enter the Pitbull Luke Young

Top class player. More passion in his left toe than any of the current lot. Always able to conjure something from nothing.

6. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

I don't that's born out by what we know about the summer. I think that he was ready to stay for one more season before Real started their tapping up and other dirty tricks. I suspect that it was the "this summer is your only chance to join us" one which clinched the deal. Bastards.

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steve Carr

@mixedknuts: Saw this come up in a Spurs fan timeline. How good was Van der Vaart? Stats suggest he was really, _really_ good pic.twitter.com/FUdQHh0JiL

[​IMG]

8. Cochise

Cochise Edgar Davids

Wow, now that looks awesome.

9. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Going by that, he probably could have replaced Modric in our team.

10. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

Gazza and SteveAWOL like this.
  11. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Would've loved him in the squad today, imagine how much the youngsters could've learnt from him

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  12. the dza

the dza Johnny Morrison

Loved Rafa in the derby games.

13. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Young-Pyo Lee

He was top class, you know the players that are special when you see them, thats why when you hear people say Townsend is quality you laugh

14. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Nick Barmby

I laughed.

15. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Clint Dempsey

Always good for a goal against the scum. Loved his 'shhh' celebrations against them. What a player.

SteveAWOL, Pandy and Seedy Ron like this.
  16. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Young-Pyo Lee

Pure class

Pandy, Trixster and Seedy Ron like this.
  17. mjc23

mjc23 Wilson Palacios

Loved VDV, think he left a couple seasons too soon to be honest. Loved his attitude and leadership.

El Guepardo and Raziel like this.
  18. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steve Carr

19. Mr_B

Mr_B Steed Malbranque

probably the best ever deadline day free transfer of all time

20. billyiddo

billyiddo Barry Daines Staff Member

fudging loved Van den Vaart :D

Raziel likes this.