• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Van der Vaart made available

I was one of the few that thought his legs had gone when we sold him, but, after the season we have just had it I find it hard to believe we couldn't fit him in to the squad somewhere to give us something..

I was one of the few that thought his legs had gone when we sold him, but, after the season we have just had it I find it hard to believe we couldn't fit him in to the squad somewhere to give us something..

I think he had two issues. 1. His wife (now ex.wife) lived in Germany. 2. He wouldnt have settled for warming the bench in a lot of games - even though I also saw his legs didnt last 90 minutes.

Would love him davids and freund as our coaching set up. If we had had that this season when AVB left it would have been so much fun.

Some of you want to re-sign VDV?
Wow. Just wow.

Why don't we get back Scotty Parker as well while we're at it

im in the camp that doesnt want him back too. we have young players in that position now. who potentially could turn world class; lamela, sig, holtby, erikssen. i don't think vdv is worth stifling their growth

assistant coach :)

intelligent, charismatic, would be good in front of camera, do loads for our tattered PR.

assistant coach :)

intelligent, charismatic, would be good in front of camera, do loads for our tattered PR.

Speaks Spanish as well as Dutch...

But he's only 31 - got a good 2 or 3 years playing left in him, especially in a slower-paced league like Italy.

[video=youtube;SE5yHFJI47s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5yHFJI47s[/video]

[video=youtube;SE5yHFJI47s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5yHFJI47s[/video]

Loved the guy!! He played with the heart of a Spurs fan so hats off to him for that.

I wouldnt go near him now, we got that last few good years of RVDV sadly his body isnt upto the pace of the English game anymore. He should go back to Ajax or join an italian club.

On a side note I'm reading Zlatan Ibrahimovic book at the moment, he talks about VDV those two didnt get on at all!!! VDV accused Zlatan of injurying him on purpose during a international match while they were both at Ajax. EGO's on modern footballers today makes you sick :lol:

Loved the guy!! He played with the heart of a Spurs fan so hats off to him for that.

I wouldnt go near him now, we got that last few good years of RVDV sadly his body isnt upto the pace of the English game anymore. He should go back to Ajax or join an italian club.

On a side note I'm reading Zlatan Ibrahimovic book at the moment, he talks about VDV those two didnt get on at all!!! VDV accused Zlatan of injurying him on purpose during a international match while they were both at Ajax. EGO's on modern footballers today makes you sick :lol:

And there aren't too many others in recent years I can think of who I'd throw that quote at......

Wow. Just wow.

I guess some are happy watching a mid table Tottenham as long their favorites are playing.

Bring back Huddlestone, Corluka, Berbatov. Hell, throw Dawson and Vertonghen into the mix and we'd be the slowest team in the league.

Absolutely loved him.

But never go back (as a rule for life).
Agree on both counts (sadly, in the case of the latter).

Was a hugely exciting signing at the time, delivered on it, and knew to lay it on nice and thick when he scored against the scum :)

Agree on both counts (sadly, in the case of the latter).

Was a hugely exciting signing at the time, delivered on it, and knew to lay it on nice and thick when he scored against the scum :)

Agreed, great in his day, fantastic in the derbies, but past it now I'm afraid.

Wow. Just wow.

Bad example imo, unlike Scotty he at least could still bring something back to the team.

He has, imo, more desire more heart more love to do well for Spurs than any member of the current first team.

He only plays for 60mins, feck it - we only need him for 60 mins!

I was thinking for 30mins at the end of the game (rather than 60mins at the start). He might just understand that he is two years older and isnt a 90 min player anymore, it didn't quite work out back at Hamburg and might be open to the idea.. The VDV of old wouldn't have accepted the role but he might just now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back