• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Van der Vaart

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-1310514-0B1B8E4D000005DC-509_468x309.jpg

Absolutely loved the fella, my head sought of says no but my heart says yes every time.

Unforgettable =D>

article-1310514-0B1B8E4D000005DC-509_468x309.jpg

Absolutely loved the fella, my head sought of says no but my heart says yes every time.

Unforgettable =D>

This.

Would prefer him in the squad to Adebayor. Loved his passion for us and when he scored the penalty in 'that' game at the Emirates, that was a great moment. :D

Could he be good as a sub?

He won't be a starter for us but he could be invaluable to have on the bench as an impact sub and cover for injured/suspended players.

He's a prima donna type who won't get much playing time under AVB. Cultured left foot though, love his passion, greedy n great eye for goal. But no IMO, not now.

Get the crazy gypsy back in, just for the sheer romance of watching him nutmeg Wheelchair or Walcott five times in the same half again.

£5m and free pies all season and he's all ours.

11 and 23 shirts are both free, after all...

I think signing VDV from Real Madrid was our and Levy's biggest mistake ever ! That was the beginning of our "contact" with Real which have ultimately caused us to lose our 2 best players Modric and Bale to them.

Signing VDV was a big coup for us that time, for such a very minimal fee. Levy probably thought we can sign more big-name players from Real in future like that. Instead, losing Modric and now Bale is such a big setback to us.

I think signing VDV from Real Madrid was our and Levy's biggest mistake ever ! That was the beginning of our "contact" with Real which have ultimately caused us to lose our 2 best players Modric and Bale to them.

Signing VDV was a big coup for us that time, for such a very minimal fee. Levy probably thought we can sign more big-name players from Real in future like that. Instead, losing Modric and now Bale is such a big setback to us.

Jesus mate ... conspiracy theory much?

Modric and Bale got on Madrid's radar because they became brilliant players that came to light in an amazing CL cameo by Spurs.

Modric was a set back, but Bale in hindsight may be the gift that keeps on giving, 3 or 4 years of great service cashed in to make the team significantly stronger and vastly more depth.

VDV was brilliant for us so I can't see how this could be viewed as a negative. But in the vibe of your post, we alternatively might look back at selling Bale to RM as the turning point in our recent history. He has effectively funded a new team. Only time will tell if this will result in an upswing of our fortunes, but in this window I see us finally signing transfer targets that would be considered top tier. Up to now we've been shopping in the talented but flawed category. I think each an every one of our recent acquisitions is an upgrade to the squad and will more than compensate for the imminent departure of Bale.

We're talking about the same Real Madrid that signed Christiano Ronaldo from Manchester United, Zidane from Juventus, Kaka from AC Milan and Figo from Barcelona here?

They didn't need a "starting contact" to go after players they wanted any more than we needed one to go after Paulinho, Capoue or any of our other signings from clubs we've never done business with before.

If you don't think they would have come after Modric and Bale if not for VdV moving to us then you severely underestimate Modric and Bale. If you don't think they would have succeeded without us first signing VdV I think you underestimate the pulling power they have.

So are you saying that you think Real wouldn't have noticed Modric and Bale had we not signed VdV?!?!?

Van der Vaart made available

Van der Vaart made available...

"I will not stand in the way of Rafael and a possible transfer," Kuehne told Bild. "Rafael needs clarity about where he'll play next season as soon as possible. He should not waste any thoughts on that when he travels to Brazil to play a successful World Cup with Netherlands."

Re: Van der Vaart made available

Loved him but football is a 90 min game he really seemed to run him self out in about 60
couldn't knock he's enthusiasm though great attitude

Re: Van der Vaart made available

Not one for visiting old girlfriends but this one would be nice after a night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back