• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Valencia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUIYHA

Scott Parker
Failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in years yesterday. Their debt problems have been well documented and without the CL cash there's surely a few bargains to be had.

We are in desperate need of a proper playmaker to fill the Modric hole and Ever Banega has developed into an outstanding player over the last couple of years. They also have Tino Costa who is a little older and plays a bit deeper but is still a very good player. Sofiane Feghouli looks like a seriously promising player, although he strikes me as perhaps a little similar to Dembele as a big guy that can run with the ball as opposed to a true playmaker.

Up front, they have Roberto Soldado, who we've been linked with every transfer window for the last few years. I was also pretty impressed with Jonas when we played in them in pre-season, though I think he's a little older and more of a wide player.

We should be all over this like a tramp on a box of chips. I know Liverpool will be, so we need to act quickly. Who do you think is obtainable at a decent price that we should go for?

The state of Spains economy and the La Liga tv revenue outside of Barca and Real means any player outside of those two teams are going to be available at a great price - hopefully we have our finger on the pulse out there atm

Banega is a heck of a player, took a long time to develop though. Could also look at Gago as a cheaper option but he went of the boil a while back.

Sure I saw somewhere that they said that basically all but 2 of Spain's tops teams are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy

Sure I saw somewhere that they said that basically all but 2 of Spain's tops teams are teetering on the brink of bankruptcy

I feel I've heard the same...makes (sad) sense...the way Madrid are basically underwritten by government is a joke IMO...

Banega would be my top choice too, been impressive whenever I've seen him play. Would love to see him at Spurs. Should probably invest a couple of thousands extra and get him a chauffeur if we do sign him...

I think Canales looks very promising too. Obviously very highly rated when he went to Madrid, hasn't developed as expected perhaps, but I think he's very talented and someone who could bounce back. Can play several positions I think and would give us some good options without spending massive amounts of money whilst being a potential big player if he does fulfill his potential.

Soldado is probably one of the striker options we're looking at. If there's a fire sale at Madrid he could end up being fairly cheap and that could probably make him more attractive than some of our other targets. He would score goals for us, almost certain of that.

I would be delighted with any or all of those 3 really, but Banega should be first choice imo.

By the way I think Valencia is a prime example of why Levy is doing a brilliant job for us and why his financial strategy is the best choice possible.

I don't think Valencia have made tons of silly money signings like Leeds did, but they have spent beyond their means including what seems like a poorly planned stadium project. Getting CL in Spain is probably easier than in the PL and they've only stayed afloat by continuously staying in that competition and selling their best players relatively cheaply.

personally i dont want to take advantage of Valencia failing to get into the CL. I hope they keep their best players and have a great season next year.

personally i dont want to take advantage of Valencia failing to get into the CL. I hope they keep their best players and have a great season next year.

Us not taking advantage won't mean that they won't be taken advantage of.

If they are forced to sell their players (seems likely) thus forcing the prices down for their players (seems likely) then it's because they're desperate for the money and that will mean that they will sell. I would rather they sold their players to us.

It does seem like a good old club, their stadium looks fantastic and I think they have some great fans, I hope they bounce back.

Exploiting teams like in this instance would make us stronger. We won't get anywhere feeling sorry for other clubs.

Us not taking advantage won't mean that they won't be taken advantage of.

If they are forced to sell their players (seems likely) thus forcing the prices down for their players (seems likely) then it's because they're desperate for the money and that will mean that they will sell. I would rather they sold their players to us.

It does seem like a good old club, their stadium looks fantastic and I think they have some great fans, I hope they bounce back.

so not only do you want to take their best players but also at knockdown prices??:lol: is this what football has come to?

so not only do you want to take their best players but also at knockdown prices??:lol: is this what football has come to?

yes unfortunately :(

i agree with your principles but unfortunately the economy doesnt. I think we have to take advantage of those poor suckers. I mean technically speaking they need people to take advantage of them otherwise they may not have a club

unless a sugar daddy comes along

Yes I would like that. Just like I would like our players to cynically foul a player looking to attack on the break if beneficial to us. It's cynical, but within the rules of the game and something "everyone does", not doing so might be well intentioned, but it would also put us at a disadvantage. Other clubs do it to us, we do it to them, that's football.

The price of a footballer depends on supply and demand, if the club is desperate to sell then the supply goes up and the price drops. To offer a transfer fee as if that wasn't the case seems overly naive to me.

Lastly, if we choose not to get involved out of the greatness of our hearts and spirit we could effectively help driving the price of their players down. Less demand, lower prices.

Did you object to us taking advantage of the release clause in Dembele's contract, the fact that Dempsey and Vertonghen only had a year left on their contracts, or West Ham getting relegating when we signed Parker?

Banega would be awesome - a proper Modric replacement.

Interestingly Gago is a player Baldini has signed twice before...

It'd be no different to what we did when we signed players from Leeds after they got into trouble

^ id say that Banega would be more important for us if he is the play maker type that has been suggested above.

i think had we had a creative player in the middle this season we would have seen more of an improvement than purely replacing Adebayor/Defoe with a better striker.

id imagine we'll get both positions sorted this summer though so it's no real issue but if we could only choose to bring in one then it'd be a play maker over a forward for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back