• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vaccine = Stadium Entry

Rustyspurs

John Piercy
Just read few press stories suggesting that only the fully vaccinated will gain entry to Premier league matches this season.
I know its probably too early for anyone to know real details, just thought I would start a thread where people in the know here can clarify.
This is not a for/ against vaccine post from me, i am just trying to work out specifics.
I've had both jabs whilst my 17 yr old hasn't so do I book everything for 1st game of season or will he have to be jabbed 1st etc..
These complications are probably what allowed me the chance to buy 2 season tickets for 1st time so not really complaining, just a lot of questions.
Does anyone know anymore details on this?

Seems it could be government policy and the PL/clubs could be supportive if it means full capacity.

Here's the Telegraph article.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/24/double-jabs-set-needed-watch-premier-league-matches/

Premier League football fans who have not been fully vaccinated could be barred from attending matches from October under plans expected to be signed off by ministers, The Telegraph can disclose.

The mandatory requirement is expected to extend to the autumn rugby internationals, major concerts, and spectator events of 20,000 or more as part of Boris Johnson’s efforts to turn Covid-19 into a “manageable menace”.

A social media campaign aimed at boosting uptake among 18-30 year-olds will also be ramped up, linking vaccination to the ability to go on holiday, as three million of them are yet to receive a single dose.

The NHS booster jab rollout will deliver 35 million doses to over-50s and the most vulnerable over 13 weeks from Sep 6 to save the country from another lockdown this winter.

Government sources told The Telegraph officials have entered talks with the Premier League over potentially moving to mandatory double vaccination status for supporters attending matches, as part of the drive to keep the country moving in the run up to Christmas.

Senior ministers have told The Telegraph that the change now appears increasingly likely, although decisions have not yet been finalised.

Premier League 'early adopters'

One source added that the Premier League has signalled that clubs are keen to become “early adopters” of the more restrictive vaccine passport in order to keep grounds at full capacity moving into winter.

Should clubs agree to voluntarily adopt vaccination status as a requirement of entry, it is expected that ministers will refrain from pushing ahead with making it compulsory, although sources stressed that “nothing is off the table”.

Currently, large venues are being encouraged to adopt Covid status certification, which requires customers to present proof of double vaccination, a recent negative test, or a positive test taken in the previous six months.

Reading that I should definitely be OK for 1st day of season and next few home games before October. Might have to give negative test proof for son but at least I can book flights etc with some degree of confidence.

I understand the need for people to get vaccinated but I don’t feel comfortable with the principle of essentially forcing people into it by taking away something if they don’t comply.
And what’s so special about 20,000 that doesn’t apply for 5,000 or 10,000 or 15,000?

I understand the need for people to get vaccinated but I don’t feel comfortable with the principle of essentially forcing people into it by taking away something if they don’t comply.
And what’s so special about 20,000 that doesn’t apply for 5,000 or 10,000 or 15,000?

It's not a human right to be able to go to football matches though. As for the number, yeah, not sure who made that up.

It's not a human right to be able to go to football matches though. As for the number, yeah, not sure who made that up.
But neither is it a govt service, so the govt shouldn't be able to take it away.

Individual businesses should be able to make that choice, and I'd side with those that insisted on vaccines.

Last edited:
and what is special about the 1st October but it's fine to not be jabbed the week before ?
are they saying everybody would have been offered the second jab by the end September ??

I’d like to know more about the powers under which the gov are doing this. Is it the emergency Covid laws which have a set expiry date unless re-voted in parliament? What’s the cost of implementation and is it even going to work (think track and trace). If venues are effectively forced to have these rules for customers, what about the staff? Before we know it, does it become a condition of employment? What else could it potentially be used for? It might seem like an over reaction during a health emergency but I’m looking at it from a broader perspective. You should picture how any powers introduced by a “benign” government could be abused under different circumstances and this one rings a few alarm bells for me.

Personal opinion.

Won't happen.

Govt are leveraging a similar plan that i think was done in France. They are trying to increase vaccination numbers in the Under 30s group so by saying "you can't do brick without Vax" they're pushing younger people into getting it done. When the time comes, policy won't exist. Hence why leaked out via methods like the Torygraph and usual mouthpieces.

Lets be honest everything the Govt try and implement fudges up
I don't think it will happen, as said above it's a ploy to get the remaining people to get both jabs
Then the next excuse will be until you've had a booster.......

Personal opinion.

Won't happen.

Govt are leveraging a similar plan that i think was done in France. They are trying to increase vaccination numbers in the Under 30s group so by saying "you can't do brick without Vax" they're pushing younger people into getting it done. When the time comes, policy won't exist. Hence why leaked out via methods like the Torygraph and usual mouthpieces.

You might well be right that it won’t happen but in that case a lot of businesses (already struggling due to Covid) will have spent a lot of money in preparation for this requirement, just to have that money thrown away?

You might well be right that it won’t happen but in that case a lot of businesses (already struggling due to Covid) will have spent a lot of money in preparation for this requirement, just to have that money thrown away?

it won’t happen

it’s not even been thought out.

just a few flaws on the 20k target for passports - I know it’s slightly different to the PL plan.

league 1 has a couple clubs that can attract 20k - If you bring it in for the whole FL who pays for the extra check systems? Clubs are just about staying afloat at that level.

Which club is responsible for away fans checks? Who is checking all tickets are for the person that buys them and haven’t been re-sold etc.

What happens if walk up ticket sales put the attendance over 20k

FA cup games against lower league clubs in larger stadiums.

What happens if you can’t be jabbed?

they'd probably have spent that money paying dodgy tory mates who won the contract to provide those services. So no one will care.

So i have to be vaccinated and my 9 year old has to have a negative test in order to enter the stadium then?

Back