• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

So Liverpool are close to securing Fekir, along with Keita being secured last summer and Fabinho.

Utd seem to have got a couple with Fred and the Portuguese full back

City seem to have Joginho and Mahrez

Arse has signed Lichsteiner

I'm generally not too impatient, particularly as I only think we need say a couple additions (CF, AM) this summer (depending on what happens to TA and Danny-boy)...but the world cup creates a period in which it becomes hard to do deals, and the window closes in just after 2 months. Would be nice if we secure someone, anyone, in the next week or two - I say 'anyone' because I trust Poch's judgement and its clear that he wants players signed this summer, so would be good to get them in

I doubt very much will happen during the World Cup. Players won’t be allowed to or want to leave to sign for someone

We have been linked mainly with players NOT going to the WC in De Ligt, Grealish and martial so we may be biding our time more to get these in

I doubt very much will happen during the World Cup. Players won’t be allowed to or want to leave to sign for someone

We have been linked mainly with players NOT going to the WC in De Ligt, Grealish and martial so we may be biding our time more to get these in

But why bide our time. Pre season starts in about 3-4 weeks time. I think we are trying very hard to get these non WC targets in asap so they get a full Poch pre season

But why bide our time. Pre season starts in about 3-4 weeks time. I think we are trying very hard to get these non WC targets in asap so they get a full Poch pre season
Why do you think we are biding our time? Remember that we are only in the second tier of clubs, the agent of any of our targets will put us on hold while going round talking to the top level payers, only if interest does not materialize from the top tier will we be able to finalise a transfer.

Why do you think we are biding our time? Remember that we are only in the second tier of clubs, the agent of any of our targets will put us on hold while going round talking to the top level payers, only if interest does not materialize from the top tier will we be able to finalise a transfer.

Not sure that's quite how I would put it

- We are in second tier if club name & maximum salary is all you consider

Reality

- 6 in EPL, 3 in Spain, 2 in Germany, 4 in Italy, 2 in France give or take, that's it for "top clubs"
- Barca has quite a few players on <100K/week, including regular starters (Despite Messi earning 2M/week)
- Out of the top clubs, we really are mostly competing with EPL and maybe Spain
- Then you get down to does the club need that type of player, do they have a manager in place (stability), good city location, drama free, etc.

Poch & Kane extensions are a hell of statement to the market

I really don't see an agent sidelining/wait listing an offer from Spurs at this point (other than perhaps the top 5 players in the world)

Not sure that's quite how I would put it

- We are in second tier if club name & maximum salary is all you consider

Reality

- 6 in EPL, 3 in Spain, 2 in Germany, 4 in Italy, 2 in France give or take, that's it for "top clubs"
- Barca has quite a few players on <100K/week, including regular starters (Despite Messi earning 2M/week)
- Out of the top clubs, we really are mostly competing with EPL and maybe Spain
- Then you get down to does the club need that type of player, do they have a manager in place (stability), good city location, drama free, etc.

Poch & Kane extensions are a hell of statement to the market

I really don't see an agent sidelining/wait listing an offer from Spurs at this point (other than perhaps the top 5 players in the world)
I disagree. Out of the clubs you allude to above there are at least 10 with bigger wage budgets than ours. Agents will absolutely sideline offers from Spurs while speaking to the clubs above. The situation is made even more complicated for us in the fact that 5 of the 10 clubs offering players bigger packages are in the same league as us, so even in cases where the player may have a preference to come to England there are 5 other clubs that the agent will want to talk to. Just have patience my friend.... We now seem to be in the market for the best young players ready to take their step to a major club, getting those players isn't easy when you aren't in the A list of payers. The fact that we are right at the top of the B list however means that we still have a good chance of securing most of those that we want.

10 with a higher wage budget?

Real and Barca
The 5 other english sides
PSG
Possibly Bayern and Juve

That's 10 tbf, tgough i would probably say that Real, PSG, City and United are in a league of their own and the rest, along with us, in a second tier

So do you think what with Kane getting a massive wage rise that we will now smash the wage cap and sign big signings?

No. Because our wage cap is a % of turnover. So giving money to existing players means there's less available for new players
Your assuming that on previous behaviours

In reality we don’t know

What we do know is we have given Kane the best contact in our history so that’s a big change

Id say we're probably mindful of not having too much disparity across the squad in terms of wages.

Kane will likely be out on his own with what he is on, but the next batch will not be too far behind, 150-180k ball park id guess and id imagine it's this tier of pay that we could probably add an established quality signing to - players like Deligt would probably be somewhat lower because of their age and would be given regular increases along the way

So Harry as top earner, and rightly so, announced first then a sliding scale below, maybe Toby should have kept his powder dry?

in the best case scenario, i am hoping that levy had planned for kane to be his first marquee re-signing, and that eriksen, alli and alder would be next.

I see England U21 beat Mexico U21 to win the Toulon tournament for the third successive year.
Impressive, although I don't understand which teams compete... I think they beat Ukraine, China, Scotland, Mexico so not the sternest test.

I didn't realise Cook was young, I thought he was old... is he good enough for our bench :D ?

Skipper Lewis Cook, who has made 47 Premier League appearances for Bournemouth, was named the tournament's second best player

Cook is a good player, but he's not as good as Dier and Wanyama.

He should have been the 2nd DM in the England squad ahead of Henderson though

Cook is a good player, but he's not as good as Dier and Wanyama.

He should have been the 2nd DM in the England squad ahead of Henderson though

No. Cook is OK at the very best. Henderson is far better.
Watching him in the Toulon tournament he looked very average. I was shooked just how poor, as I thought he would have the greater experienced than others in the team that was not the case.
Dier and Henderson are better. He's young and he may well improve but as of now, no.

Last edited:
No. Cook is OK at the very best. Henderson is far better.
Watching him in the Toulon tournament he looked very average. I was shooked just how poor, as I thought he would have the greater experienced than others in the team that was not the case.
Dier and Henderson are better. He's young and he may well improve but as of now, no.
Henderson gets a rough ride, in reality hes a decent player and certainly isnt any worse than Dier at CM. Dier's versatility can give him the edge overall but there really isnt anything to pick between the two....

Back