• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

I think that we need to see Lo Celso in a balanced team before making a call on that. They've been asked to do very different jobs last season.
And is automatically a different ball game as teams will sit a lot deeper against us than they do Villa....

I think that we need to see Lo Celso in a balanced team before making a call on that. They've been asked to do very different jobs last season.

This, Grealish is a good player but 60-80M good in this market? I don't see it. (smart buy last year, not this one)

And the risk is (sorry if I offend anyone) is he is just another English talent that doesn't kick on (We already have Dele to worry about on that score)

Why do I even allow myself to have my hopes raised by this madness.
TalkSport allege our interest in Sabitzer from Red Bull Leipzig.
He's only got a year left on his contract.

I'm sure we and Mourinho would love him. But TalkSport....

Why do I even allow myself to have my hopes raised by this madness.
TalkSport allege our interest in Sabitzer from Red Bull Leipzig.
He's only got a year left on his contract.

I'm sure we and Mourinho would love him. But TalkSport....
He was the pick of (a very good) bunch for Leipzig in the game at our place I thought. Decent work rate, always wanted the ball and played with his head up. Unfortunately I think him potentially being available has come at the wrong time for us with our financial issues this summer.

Last edited:
I reckon that it will end up that he is being bought in to take Gazzaniga's place as opposed to Vorm's. Time will tell I guess.
There are a few free transfer options floating around which would have allowed us to potentially ‘flip’ a squad player for a few quid and often get back a HG place.

Hart in and sell Gazza was one.
Ryan Fraser in and sell Lamela another.
Meunier joining us for free would have meant the KWP sale would have been dry financially tasty. But he wisely choose Dortmund!

There are a few free transfer options floating around which would have allowed us to potentially ‘flip’ a squad player for a few quid and often get back a HG place.

Hart in and sell Gazza was one.

With Vorm leaving, I suppose it was also down to whether Mourinho believed we had any youth products who could realistically be called on as 3rd choice keeper.
Unless Gazzanigga is sold, the answer now seems to be no

Back