• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unpopular opinions

The odd one is that Cardiff had no emotional attachment at all. He was at the club long enough to sign papers, its not like he was part of the family.

Nantes on the other hand, their grief is completely understandable.

Obviously its a tragic event, and to feel sadness for it is fine, but there needs to be a balance to it.

The cynic in me thinks its more likely Warnock is more sad for his chances of staying up taking a hit...

The odd one is that Cardiff had no emotional attachment at all. He was at the club long enough to sign papers, its not like he was part of the family.

Nantes on the other hand, their grief is completely understandable.

Obviously its a tragic event, and to feel sadness for it is fine, but there needs to be a balance to it.

The cynic in me thinks its more likely Warnock is more sad for his chances of staying up taking a hit...
Tragedy aside what happens to the transfer fee? Do Nantes still receive it and Cardiff try and claim it back from an insurance policy?

Last edited:
Tragedy aside what happens to the transfer fee? Do Nantes still receive it and Cardiff try and claim it back from an insurance policy?
Transfer happened, so Cardiff will pay the full amount (obv less any performance bonuses).

Cardiff will try and recover from their insurance policy, which will almost certainly not pay. My company's key man and life insurance policies both state that air travel must be on commercial flights only, anything else isn't covered.

Cardiff will obviously want to recover their losses. They will have a decent chance of doing so from those responsible for the player flying on what appears to have been a flight with a pilot who had no current night rating or commercial license. I won't state whose fault that appears to be, but there are certain parties trying very hard to make it sound as if they were completely hands off from the deal.

If it turns out the player thought he was on a commercial flight (and the text messages I've seen suggest he did), then his estate might have a case for losses against his life insurance too.

Neither Cardiff nor the player's estate will see much money though, as HMRC already has its claws deep into the party they'd be trying to recover from, and I suspect we'll be hearing about what's left after bankruptcy soon.

Jesus christ ...
The McDonald's logo looks like an M, and my favorite dog was called 'Morty', and he was really important to me, and the McDonald's logo reminds me too much of him, so it's offensive to me and I should sue them. Ffs.

Why are so many people these days seemingly almost looking for things to be offended by and have something to moan about? I'm all for a tolerant, believe what you want society where people respect each other, and I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to go out of your way to offend someone's holy icons, but stuff like this ... what the fudge, you're just actively looking for it where there's no one out to offend you. Pointless flimflam.

Transfer happened, so Cardiff will pay the full amount (obv less any performance bonuses).

Cardiff will try and recover from their insurance policy, which will almost certainly not pay. My company's key man and life insurance policies both state that air travel must be on commercial flights only, anything else isn't covered.

Cardiff will obviously want to recover their losses. They will have a decent chance of doing so from those responsible for the player flying on what appears to have been a flight with a pilot who had no current night rating or commercial license. I won't state whose fault that appears to be, but there are certain parties trying very hard to make it sound as if they were completely hands off from the deal.

If it turns out the player thought he was on a commercial flight (and the text messages I've seen suggest he did), then his estate might have a case for losses against his life insurance too.

Neither Cardiff nor the player's estate will see much money though, as HMRC already has its claws deep into the party they'd be trying to recover from, and I suspect we'll be hearing about what's left after bankruptcy soon.

Willie Mckay and his son had a big part ot play in all this no?

Willie Mckay and his son had a big part ot play in all this no?
They have publicly stated that they did not own the airplane - that is true, the airplane is held by a shell company with zero worth. I don't know who the beneficial owner of it was, but those with the ability to investigate that will be doing so.

They claim to have arrange for Dave Henderson (the usual pilot of the plane) to sort out a flight. With the plane registered in the US, the flight regulated by the EASA and DH's license held in the UK but ported into the FAA by equivalence it's very hard to tell whether or not doing that was illegal. It seems like a lot of effort to go to if there's nothing to hide, but that's just personal opinion. DH then paid for the eventual pilot's hotel, expenses, etc. with his own credit card - under FAA rules that is more than cost sharing and is illegal. The real question here is why would DH do that off of his own back? If the plane was owned by the people paying for it to be used, that closes the loop in all likelihood.

Back