• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unpopular opinions

milo

Jack L. Jones
Shamelessly lifted from Twitter.

What's the most unpopular benign opinion you hold? (i.e. not politically dodgy, just socially derided)

Bowie was no more than a showman who gathered legions of adoring fans by appealing to the outcasts and disenfranchised. Real musicians need neither characters nor costumes.

Get over tom cruise not being 6ft 4 in the reacher films. One the few the films that have ever been better than the books.

Get over tom cruise not being 6ft 4 in the reacher films. One the few the films that have ever been better than the books.

Not happy Lee Child sold out to Hollywood but if he had to at least do it with the right actor comparable to the books

Having read most of them - currently reading "personal" it's hard to accept a
5ft 2" actor playing Reacher.

You know the quote they say about Reacher- Guys want to be me, Girls want to be with me. It doesn't resonate with Cruise as the lead.

Not happy Lee Child sold out to Hollywood but if he had to at least do it with the right actor comparable to the books

You know the quote they say about Reacher- Guys want to be me, Girls want to be with me. It doesn't resonate with Cruise as the lead.

What's "personal" like?

I read the first 5 or 6 and hated them.
Story goes,
Drank some coffee, met a women pumped her.
Drank some more coffee.
Met a dude, he missed me off, I thumped him.
Drank some coffee.
I'm smarter, than everyone else.
The end.

They struck me as someone writing out their fantasy of how they would like to be.

As for tge quote I certainly wouldn't want to be him, and I would question the needs of any women who wants to be with him.

The Lord of the Rings films weren't very good

I'll add the Dark Knight trilogy (or pretty much anything by Nolan since) and Kill Bill. I have seen worse films, but not compared to how much praise and adulation they get.

Aphex Twin is massively overrated. That's quite an unpopular thing to say in certain circles. :p He's got some good tunes though. This one, for instance.

Back