• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Unofficial Official OMT - Spurs v Newport

After two monster performances, I think we need to rotate here and trust the squad. Keep the heavy hitters on the bench. Also would be a great game to get some of our injured players a run-out. That team should be more than enough.

-----------Vorm----------
KWP--TBA--Foyth---Rose
---Winks---Wanyama---
Sissoko--Lucas--Lamela-
-----Llorente--------

SUBS: Lloris, Trips, Dier, Eriksen, Son, Alli, Kane

You don't really want 'heavy hitters on the bench' because it affects their whole preparations for Saturday will be messed up. It's much more optimum to let them taper mid-week and then get them up to a peak for Saturday. Rather than down-up-down-up.

I.e. even if they are just sitting on the bench, it will be digging into their medium-term reserves in a way not being involved at all won't

Lucas is not available as he was signed after the first leg. So

---------------Vorm------------
Aurier--Foyth--Sanchez--KWP
----------Winks--Wanyama----
Sissoko-----Lamela-----Son-
------------Llorente------------

Rose to come in for Aurier at half-time
Toby to come in for Sanchez after 60th minute.
Georgiou to come in for Son after 60th minute if we are winning.

I think Id prefer

---------------Vorm------------
Aurier--Foyth--Sanchez--KWP
----------Sissoko--Wanyama----
Lamela-----Winks-----Son-
------------Llorente------------

Let Sissoko and Wanyama keep things solid and allow Winks an Eriksen role to get himself back up to speed.

Lamela can then go back into is usual position, which suits Aurier over lapping

EDIT: because Im a taco I forgot to change the formation I copied

Let Sissoko and Wanyama keep things solid and allow Winks an Eriksen role to get himself back up to speed.

It's better to let Sissoko lose possession further up the pitch, rather than in the key transitioning position.

It's also gentler on Winks to ease him back in his primary position. Give him 60-70 mins to win the game, then bring on TOB for a bit of experience.

What is his primary position? Personally I feel he hasnt found it yet - and that he could welll thrive knitting play together further ahead.

If Sissoko is of any use at all its in a defensive capacity. Run hard, play it simple. Id much rather he were there than fudging up our attack.

This is Newport, dont forget, he should be adequate.

You don't really want 'heavy hitters on the bench' because it affects their whole preparations for Saturday will be messed up. It's much more optimum to let them taper mid-week and then get them up to a peak for Saturday. Rather than down-up-down-up.

I.e. even if they are just sitting on the bench, it will be digging into their medium-term reserves in a way not being involved at all won't

Fair point, but I do think we need at least Kane, Eriksen, and one of Son or Alli on the bench, just in case we struggle or go behind early. Especially with the draw we got, we have to win this game to keep our only realistic opportunity for silverware alive.

If Moura can't start, maybe do something like this

Vorm / KWP-TBA-Foyth-Rose / Wanyama-Winks / Sissoko-Lamela-Son / Llorente

with this lineup at the weekend

-------Lloris-------
--TBA--DS--JVT
SA--------------BD
----Dier-Dembele
Son-Kane-Eriksen

At Wembley, on a proper pitch, a good spine of team should be enough.

Want Toby on week-end, so would like to see him get at least 60 minutes.
Rose, Lamela, Dele, Llorente should provide the threat.

What is his primary position? Personally I feel he hasnt found it yet - and that he could welll thrive knitting play together further ahead.

If Sissoko is of any use at all its in a defensive capacity. Run hard, play it simple. Id much rather he were there than fudging up our attack.

This is Newport, dont forget, he should be adequate.

I think he's been a CM his whole career through youth football. His whole raison d'etre is as a metronome - 120 quick simple passes a game, giving the team it's beating heart. Like Modric before him, that's his specialty

I expect Sissoko to shine in matches like these. We bought him for a reason so he has to be able to show it somewhere.

vorm
aurier/kwp - toby - foyth - kwp/rose
winks - wanyama
sissoko - alli/eriksen - lamela
Llorrente

or move rose up and rest alli/eriksen.

I'd prefer we didn't have a replay but it's come at a good time as we've got plenty of players that could do with some minutes and I'm sure we'll get the job done now. Can see all the below starting:

Vorm

Aurier
Foyth
Alder
Walker Peters/Rose

Winks
Wanyana
Sissoko

Lamela

Llorente

So that only leaves one spot left, we could maybe play Rose and Walker Peters and stick Rose LM as he started out there originally. Not sure if he's actually fit enough for minutes.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

--------------------Vorm-------------------
------Aurier--Alderweireld--Foyth-----
KWP----------------------------------Rose
-------------Winks---Wanyama-----------
--------------Sissoko--Lamela------------
------------------Llorente-----------------

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

--------------------Vorm-------------------
------Aurier--Alderweireld--Foyth-----
KWP----------------------------------Rose
-------------Winks---Wanyama-----------
--------------Sissoko--Lamela------------
------------------Llorente-----------------

My money is on 0 - 0

Alli and Son are being whisked off on a private jet overseas for an Adidas junket. Won't be seeing either of them against Newport.

Don’t we want Aurier against le Arse?

Who played at the Emirates? If it was Trippier then he was gash so I’d prefer Aurier. That said I think Aurier has only returned to training.

Back