• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Uighur treatment in China

That post is as silly as saying that christianity has views on anything from minority rights to transubstantiation. Only the tiniest of sects have group-wide opinions. There’s massive diversity of Islamic thought, which is one very good reason to say that Islamaphobia is essentially rooted in racism rather than some supposed doctrinal critique.

i think you would be surprised at how little diversity of thought within islam there is for "apostasy, lgbt rights, womens rights, sharia law"

i think you would be surprised at how little diversity of thought within islam there is for "apostasy, lgbt rights, womens rights, sharia law"

Yeh nothing like that in the Bible is there?

"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife" - Corinthians 14:34-35

"In pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." Exodus 20:17

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." Leviticus 20:13

"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

Not here to preach about religion at all, point is they're all quite similar. Just like there's raving mad Muslims, there's raving mad Christians, and Jews, and Hindus etc etc etc... people can take things and twist anything to an extreme form.

Yeh nothing like that in the Bible is there?

"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife" - Corinthians 14:34-35

"In pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." Exodus 20:17

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." Leviticus 20:13

"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." Leviticus 18:22

Not here to preach about religion at all, point is they're all quite similar. Just like there's raving mad Muslims, there's raving mad Christians, and Jews, and Hindus etc etc etc... people can take things and twist anything to an extreme form.
Are you seriously using the Bible to try and create a level of moral equivalence?

Are you seriously using the Bible to try and create a level of moral equivalence?

the previous poster was pointing out Islam's record on LGBTQ and Women's rights. I am pointing out the same can be said of any religion, because ultimately you have casual religious people and you can have extremists. Extremism isn't limited to one religion. You can see it across the world in every religion.

Reactions: DTA

any doctrine that impinges on human rights should be banned. unfortunately with islam, theres just so many instances where you dont have to twist anything to realise that it is advocating hate/abuse against outsiders.

the previous poster was pointing out Islam's record on LGBTQ and Women's rights. I am pointing out the same can be said of any religion, because ultimately you have casual religious people and you can have extremists. Extremism isn't limited to one religion. You can see it across the world in every religion.

islam literally promotes (what the west would classify as) "extremism" - you dont have to twist the doctrine at all to clearly see this.

again, imo all religions/cults that promote human rights infringements should be banned.

islam literally promotes (what the west would classify as) "extremism" - you dont have to twist the doctrine at all to clearly see this.

again, imo all religions/cults that promote human rights infringements should be banned.

What do you know about Islam? All of the three main religions promote extremism, if read and manipulated by idiots who take literal meaning from them.

There is extreme quotes in all of them.

Just one small example of your s hit chatting, if the Quran is so extreme compared to the rest, what happened here:

While the Christian Spanish were torturing hundreds of thousands of Jewish people to death in the inquisition, the Muslim Ottoman Turks gave tens of thousands (or more) of them refuge and allowed them to freely practice their religion.

What do you know about Islam? All of the three main religions promote extremism, if read and manipulated by idiots who take literal meaning from them.

There is extreme quotes in all of them.

Just one small example:

While the Christian Spanish were torturing hundreds of thousands of Jewish people to death in the inquisition, the Muslim Ottoman Turks gave tens of thousands (or more) of them refuge and allowed them to freely practice their religion.

i dont necessarily disagree. as you say "All of the three main religions promote extremism"... my question is why are we (as a society) allowing these evil doctrines to flourish?

"if read and manipulated by idiots who take literal meaning from them." - errr, do we need to read it as it is, or manipulate it?

fact is, to justify islam (and other religions like it), you have to perform a whole bunch of mental gymnastics

i agree... however, when a religious doctrine actively promotes harm against non-believers, they lose this right imo.

fact is, no-one would be allowed to start a new religion/cult with the same doctrine as islam

I do agree but also if booze came on the market now it would be banned and i would not like that.

"if read and manipulated by idiots who take literal meaning from them." - errr, do we need to read it as it is, or manipulate it?

Ok that was clumsy. Parts have been Manipulated as an overal message of hate by those for their own nefarious gains/aims.

There is equal amounts of Batsh it crazy stuff in all three of the books that at different times in history have been used to justify the absolute worst of human behaviour and atrocities.

There is also good stuff in there that if more people followed would make the world a better place for people and the environment.

One example of this would be halal or Kosher meat...
There are rules about how a farm animal should be raised with respect and cared justly for all their lives until slaughter. This would basically mean that any factory farming would preclude the meat from being Halal or Kosher

But because this would be expensive, this has been manipulated into" lets say a few words before we cut its neck".

As i just pointed out, so does the Bible per my previous post. The issue is people taking religion to extremist views, and again, this happens in every religion. In Brazil earlier this week, Christians were outside an abortion clinic abusing a 10 year old girl who was raped and required an abortion. Now to me, i don't care which religion is out there protesting it, i think that's clamish behaviour plain and simple. Do i think all Christians support this view? No. Do i think some people are twisting words from a religion hundreds of years ago to suit their own views? Yes.

Clearly you have a bee in your bonnet with Islam, and of course, there's a multitude of examples of extremism here, but as i said before, that is a person's extreme interpretation, just as any other religion have their own extremists.

As i just pointed out, so does the Bible per my previous post. The issue is people taking religion to extremist views, and again, this happens in every religion. In Brazil earlier this week, Christians were outside an abortion clinic abusing a 10 year old girl who was raped and required an abortion. Now to me, i don't care which religion is out there protesting it, i think that's clamish behaviour plain and simple. Do i think all Christians support this view? No. Do i think some people are twisting words from a religion hundreds of years ago to suit their own views? Yes.

Clearly you have a bee in your bonnet with Islam, and of course, there's a multitude of examples of extremism here, but as i said before, that is a person's extreme interpretation, just as any other religion have their own extremists.

i've stated multiple times that all religions that promote evil doctrines should be banned (not just islam) - but this is the uighur/china thread - and the discussion was on whether this being a partly islamic issue is the cause of the general apathy globally to this issue.

if you start another thread on the incident in brazil that you've mentioned, maybe people will comment on christianity too.

and to your last point, no, its not a person's extreme interpretation - its as listed in their doctrines, and practiced by their prophet. and yes, i have a bee in my bonnet with any religion/cult that promotes grave human rights infringements - i would hope you do too

@Wilheldiva happy to take discussion about religion and Islam is you like to another thread, creat one and i will join in.

But lets not derail this one which is about a potential genocide being commit by China. What are we doing about it?

I agree, I just don't think you can argue the point that there should be less criticism of Islam because other religions are bad.

Islam deserves every bit of criticism and hatred it gets.

@Wilheldiva happy to take discussion about religion and Islam is you like to another thread, creat one and i will join in.

But lets not derail this one which is about a potential genocide being commit by China. What are we doing about it?

unfortunately, i think as citizens in the west, all we can really do is talk about it (like we are doing here), thus, making it an issue that more people are aware of, letting the government know that we care.

beyond that, we could stop using/buying chinese goods/services if this is an issue that you care about deeply enough - you would think that if enough people did this, the uighur camps would quickly come to an end.

Saudi Arabia is the epicentre of Islam head of their faith and practices extremes as law based n the Quran

So it's rightly highlighted differently TBH

I think all religion is a crock as I highlighted in the Space thread because of the reasons mentioned there. But there is a huge difference as Christian countries acknowledge the LGBT faults within the Bible and adapt for example, that's alot different than it being illegal to be gay in Dubai due to religious belief.

The extremism within Christianity exists in individuals within Islam the extremist views provide the backdrop of their society as per the majority of Islamic countries especially within the Middle East

Saudi Arabia is the epicentre of Islam head of their faith and practices extremes as law based n the Quran

So it's rightly highlighted differently TBH

I think all religion is a crock as I highlighted in the Space thread because of the reasons mentioned there. But there is a huge difference as Christian countries acknowledge the LGBT faults within the Bible and adapt for example, that's alot different than it being illegal to be gay in Dubai due to religious belief.

The extremism within Christianity exists in individuals within Islam the extremist views provide the backdrop of their society as per the majority of Islamic countries especially within the Middle East

oh there he is, was waiting for Grays to pop up and disagree for the sake of it. "i am Jack's total lack of surprise..."

Regarding Christian countries adapting, have you told Poland that recently?

No?

Maybe Hungary, did you ask them? Maybe you missed that too. Those Christian countries acknowledging their LGBTQ faults.

And Russia of course.

You can start here, but Google's a great friend: https://balkaninsight.com/2020/02/25/a-third-of-poland-declared-lgbt-free-zone/

I am NOT a religious person ( of any faith) bit i see no problem with those that are religious, what is wrong though is those that force their religious beliefs ( whatever they may be) onto others. It happens everywhere and with ALL religions.

Back