• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Feels like normal now. Any half decent youth players just seem to reject contract offers and try their luck somewhere else..

We've lost whole load of youngsters recently haven't we? I assume this is a trend at all PL clubs?

Tbh i don't know. Before brexit a load went to the continent. This was because the fa brought in a rule that agents can't get a fee for moving players 18 and under. Now i think they just want game time. Then the agents get a nice chunk of change moving them to a bigger club at 21-22.

I see Scarlett has had a few starts in a row for Pompey now, good to see him getting the minutes in early on, a few goals would be lovely.

Overhaul of coaches after Paratici and Conte's arrival. Defoe, Toure. Feels like we're building something much bigger.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Yeh big reason behind their appointment is the perceived level it brings and gives youngsters something to aspire too, for right or wrong on the tactical side having those names will draw players to stay on board as they will be dazzled by the names. Unfortunately Wayne Burnett as great a coach he is just is not the draw of either those

I see Scarlett has had a few starts in a row for Pompey now, good to see him getting the minutes in early on, a few goals would be lovely.

Was trying to find a write up on how he got on, but couldn't find any. Has started 2 games in a row now. Which bodes well.

I thought we were poor, passing was dreadful, when White went off lost all cohesion, Liverpool had one plan hit it long and chase. I was amazed to see how many desperate glory chaser live in Stevenage, far more red shirts in crowd than Spurs.

Didn't see the game just some of the highlights. From them santiago looked good. Not really heard of him before this.

Can someone with the time and generosity required please keep us up to date with loanees in this thread?

I.e. Udogie, Parrott, Scarlett and anyone else likely to come back and play i.e. I'm not that fussed about Ndombele GLC Rodon Winks but still vaguely interested how they are getting on. It is hard to remember who has gone for good and who is merely on loan.

Can someone with the time and generosity required please keep us up to date with loanees in this thread?

I.e. Udogie, Parrott, Scarlett and anyone else likely to come back and play i.e. I'm not that fussed about Ndombele GLC Rodon Winks but still vaguely interested how they are getting on. It is hard to remember who has gone for good and who is merely on loan.

2 goals for Scarlett today win 2-1 win for Pompey.

Back