• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Trying to get a dog

My mate and his mrs have got a dog, we're planning on going away in Sept to Cornwall as a 4 + the dog - we're at the booking restaurant phase of planning atm and the hassle they are causing because they can't be away from the dog for too long is already driving me mad, most decent places have a strict no dog policy.

Wouldn't get that sort of behaviour from a cat family

My mate and his mrs have got a dog, we're planning on going away in Sept to Cornwall as a 4 + the dog - we're at the booking restaurant phase of planning atm and the hassle they are causing because they can't be away from the dog for too long is already driving me mad, most decent places have a strict no dog policy.

Most places in Cornwall are really dog friendly.

Its my biggest pet hate is people that have dogs they cant leave alone. Dont get a dog and treat it like a child its a fudging dog. You're the pack leader if you say it's staying at home or 8 hours whilst your out for a meal so fudging be it.

Its my biggest pet hate is people that have dogs they cant leave alone. Dont get a dog and treat it like a child its a fudging dog. You're the pack leader if you say it's staying at home or 8 hours whilst your out for a meal so fudging be it.

8 hours is too long imo, we don’t leave ours for more than 3/4 at a time, depends on the dog though.

8 hours is too long imo, we don’t leave ours for more than 3/4 at a time, depends on the dog though.

8 hours was the complete top, I know my old lab would be happy as Larry in front of the fire/on our bed for 8 hours. Mind you he would be crossing his legs by the time we came home.

Yeah no sunrise
We can’t even get a response though

Something is not right is it? A dog is sat in a cage somewhere when you'd give it a lovely home. Day like today, awesome to take it out. I can see why they don't give out dogs with kids around. Health and safety culture etc. I was actually bitten by a rescue dog as a young kid. Still have an imperceptible scar on my lip. Was a lovely dog (my grandparents) and held no grudges :)Used to take him for long walks and he didn't need a lead. After a rocky start we became good friends.

Well, do you want to give your money to people that don’t like dogs? Must be something wrong with them :)

The problem is rarely the dog. It's usually the owners who assume that other members of the public are happy to be bothered by their dog and seem to get offended when it's shooed away. I've got nothing against dogs at all, but I don't want to pat and coddle someone else's pet.

The problem is rarely the dog. It's usually the owners who assume that other members of the public are happy to be bothered by their dog and seem to get offended when it's shooed away. I've got nothing against dogs at all, but I don't want to pat and coddle someone else's pet.

I think this is a fine point. My dog is excellent off-leash, but manners dictate that if there is an approaching member of the public, I put her on the short leash until all clear. The same consideration I expect to be afforded when in a public place and someone's "darling" toddler is running around your table/seat and making a toddler of themselves.

I think this is a fine point. My dog is excellent off-leash, but manners dictate that if there is an approaching member of the public, I put her on the short leash until all clear. The same consideration I expect to be afforded when in a public place and someone's "darling" toddler is running around your table/seat and making a toddler of themselves.

I do take the point, and kids are a whole different ball game, but generally, I want to play with all the dogs.

Amen, it is definitely a downside to going for walks around here; one minute it is a nice peaceful walk, the next moment a dog is bounding towards you and jumping up with filthy paws and slobber, or even worse barking and barking at you for no reason. Scares the crap outta my kid.

Amen, it is definitely a downside to going for walks around here; one minute it is a nice peaceful walk, the next moment a dog is bounding towards you and jumping up with filthy paws and slobber, or even worse barking and barking at you for no reason. Scares the crap outta my kid.
“Aah, he’s only playing /saying hello”
:rolleyes:

I wish all people were the same. We keep our beagle on the lead when out as he’s a little taco.

But still the amount of people who see ‘ooo, cute dog with big flappy ears, I’ll just go help myself to a pet”... and then are either massively offended when you stop them, or worse still are too quick or continue anyway and then are really shocked when the little brick rears up snapping and releases an ear-drum bursting ‘arooooooooo’ in their faces from 6 inches.

Back