• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

On this site we have many calling for allowing fans to return without any thought of the logistic of such action and the risks, just for a sporting pastime. Many people complaining about their kids education were more concerned with get them off their hands and the bloody stupidity of allowing pubs to open to appease the feckless is beyond belief and that's the opinion of a dedicated boozer.

I am slightly myth-ed on here with alot of the flip flopping on this, I use it as an example all the time.

People that are righteous about Covid and lockdowns are on the game thread and football threads championing a return to stadiums, ignoring outbreaks of Covid in squads and players breaking bubbles and then on the Covid thread, its all lockdown. I dont see how you can be so conflicted about it to that level personally. Surely if your telling me all people from all walks of life of all ages are dying of covid you dont want to risk infections in the game? its odd. Conversely I see more people talking about the pub opening times than how they can get to and from work safely and keep their jobs....so its clear what charges people up

I have to disagree people are the problem, as soon as covid restrictions began to get annoying to their needs they start to put pressure on local politicians or ignoring guidelines.

On this site we have many calling for allowing fans to return without any thought of the logistic of such action and the risks, just for a sporting pastime. Many people complaining about their kids education were more concerned with get them off their hands and the bloody stupidity of allowing pubs to open to appease the feckless is beyond belief and that's the opinion of a dedicated boozer.

We live in a "ME" culture and it will take a massive wakeup call to change this.
If kids can't stay at grandparents or go to school then the economy stops. That was pretty clear at the first lockdown.

That's not people being greedy, that's a prerequisite for keeping the country going.

I hate to tell you this but what have linked there;
  1. Is an opinion piece
  2. Is written by a novelist
  3. Does not show that "Normally when you have seismic referendum a majority of the nation need to approve it."
  4. Links to a paper that does not show that "Normally when you have seismic referendum a majority of the nation need to approve it."
I think your argument was better without a source.

More importantly, it's bang on.

More importantly, it's bang on.
Yet it's not. Follow the link from that piece to the parliamentary paper where recent referendums are being discussed and you'll see that it's not the norm at all. In fact they discuss at length the issue with counting non votes one way or the other.

Marky. Please. Do a little bit of research before posting this gonad*s.
Your "source" is a known right right wing biased site. As for the recording, unless Hunter Biden was huffing helium after a coke binge, that does not sound like him.
This is exactly what people talk about when they speak of social media manipulation.
Raheem Kassam is a bellend!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raheem_Kassam

I am not one to say that Russia is misinforming everyone always but if you want a wander down such lanes, I'd take the word of several ex-CIA over the fudging bellend who ins "the national pulse"...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/20/nation/dozens-former-intelligence-officials-sign-letter-warning-hunter-biden-story-could-be-russian-disinformation/?outputType=amp

Your "source" is a known right right wing biased site. As for the recording, unless Hunter Biden was huffing helium after a coke binge, that does not sound like him.
This is exactly what people talk about when they speak of social media manipulation.

I am not one to say that Russia is misinforming everyone always but if you want a wander down such lanes, I'd take the word of several ex-CIA over the fudging bellend who ins "the national pulse"...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/20/nation/dozens-former-intelligence-officials-sign-letter-warning-hunter-biden-story-could-be-russian-disinformation/?outputType=amp
Only in America...

this was my suggested reading when I clicked on the site. And at that point I chortled and stopped reading.

1AEA69E3-EF01-4793-AF00-ABAEDDC6CB22.jpeg

Well alot of his actions have been to cut through red tape in federal infrastructure, probably because he does not like detail and maybe he chanced on it all by luck but he does seem to have a sense of going for the jugular to get things over the line* rather than have it kicked down the road.

*the caveat there is that its generally when he thinks its a good idea

I am not saying he is a good president BTW I was merely saying that I think that bullish nature is needed just in a better shell than Trump ha
I'm sure he's hated all the red tape in his business previously. The red tape that tries to protect people, the environment and society against people like him.
I think it will be very much pockets rather than everywhere. I "could" be in denial, not sure. These militias are very much in specific places. What I AM concerned about is that of he gets back in, we could see the formal development of a domestic secret security force along the lines of SAVAK. That would very much be in keeping with the current international company he keeps.
I agree that it probably will be pockets, it won't be everywhere. Pockets of that kind of unrest with a sitting president without motivation to deal with it, it will be his supporters.

And how do you deal with those pockets? Armed and to some extent trained and organised. By force? Then what? How does the rest of the US respond?

It will only be pockets, but will it escalate from there? With Trump still temporarily in charge, potentially with a Senate in flux, with a supreme court afraid of losing it's hard stolen majority.

Not saying it will escalate or get out of control, but the potential is there.

I have to disagree people are the problem, as soon as covid restrictions began to get annoying to their needs they start to put pressure on local politicians or ignoring guidelines.

We live in a "ME" culture and it will take a massive wakeup call to change this.
I probably mostly agree with you.

Not sure to what extent "me culture" has changed or to what extent it's always been there. As far as examples of "me culture", Trumpism is a pretty good one.

Back