• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Some real pearls in that debate...tiny windows...least racist President, I cannot see the see the audience because it's dark in here...

Why are political debates just petty squabbles and blame pushing? Where the fudge is the talk of future planning and policy? Surely that's the whole purpose of these things?

Politics has become such a partisan sporting event that the actual issues don't seem to matter anymore.

It's a big problem in the states, but it's trending that way everywhere.

What ever happened to critical thinking and changing one's mind based on new information?

Why are political debates just petty squabbles and blame pushing? Where the fudge is the talk of future planning and policy? Surely that's the whole purpose of these things?

Politics has become such a partisan sporting event that the actual issues don't seem to matter anymore.

What ever happened to critical thinking and changing one's mind based on new information?

Yeh exactly what I thought last night, again I say it this is suppose to be the presidency of the biggest country in the world and all I saw last night was Mr horrendous and Mr not so horrendous and a debate with no real statement of policy, if that was my first every political look in to either I would not know what either stands for.

The CNN fact checkers came on last night after and said Trump was lying in every sentence and Biden was lying less and his faults were more economical truths rather than straight out lies. That made me chuckle.

Also Biden seems a nice guy he just reminds me of Mr Rogers (I use that analogy as I watched the Tom Hanks film earlier yesterday)

because it works, people are stupid, most of us ignore detail and nuance, we want the simplistic and catchy

we get the government we deserve

because it works, people are stupid, most of us ignore detail and nuance, we want the simplistic and catchy

we get the government we deserve

But government's are largely responsible for people being stupid, so it has to start from there surely? Inform your public, educate them properly.

It's far too simplistic to just blame 'people' for being dumb.

Yeh exactly what I thought last night, again I say it this is suppose to be the presidency of the biggest country in the world and all I saw last night was Mr horrendous and Mr not so horrendous and a debate with no real statement of policy, if that was my first every political look in to either I would not know what either stands for.

The CNN fact checkers came on last night after and said Trump was lying in every sentence and Biden was lying less and his faults were more economical truths rather than straight out lies. That made me chuckle.

Also Biden seems a nice guy he just reminds me of Mr Rogers (I use that analogy as I watched the Tom Hanks film earlier yesterday)
In my opinion, this election transcends policy platforms. For Americans, and indeed maybe everyone else on the planet too, this election is the most consequential of our lives. It will determine whether democracy will survive in America or continue down a path of irreversible decline into autocracy. The US foreign policies and climate policies affect every living thing on the planet, and their soft or hard power will need to switch course 180 from where it is headed now if we are to survive. If Trump wins there will be no more free/fair elections in the US going forward (they are barely that now). He will use all the levers of the government to push a dynastic kleptocracy on America with his repulsive children taking the reins in a few years. This is one of the most important inflection points in history IMO. America really needs Mr Rodgers.

In truth Biden's policies are very progressive. Maybe not as far left as Sanders or Warren on all issues but I feel he will rise to meet the moment. Trump/GOP don't even have a published policy platform. They literally said we're just continuing our 2016 stuff - white grievance, tax breaks for the rich, right wing nutters on the courts, kill the ACA, racism.

In my opinion, this election transcends policy platforms. For Americans, and indeed maybe everyone else on the planet too, this election is the most consequential of our lives. It will determine whether democracy will survive in America or continue down a path of irreversible decline into autocracy. The US foreign policies and climate policies affect every living thing on the planet, and their soft or hard power will need to switch course 180 from where it is headed now if we are to survive. If Trump wins there will be no more free/fair elections in the US going forward (they are barely that now). He will use all the levers of the government to push a dynastic kleptocracy on America with his repulsive children taking the reins in a few years. This is one of the most important inflection points in history IMO. America really needs Mr Rodgers.

In truth Biden's policies are very progressive. Maybe not as far left as Sanders or Warren on all issues but I feel he will rise to meet the moment. Trump/GOP don't even have a published policy platform. They literally said we're just continuing our 2016 stuff - white grievance, tax breaks for the rich, right wing nutters on the courts, kill the ACA, racism.

I dont disagree with any of that and TBF I am not their audience

But as an outsider looking in those debates are not a great reflection of the options.

Haha that video does not look good at all

Nope, but with all the fuss surrounding it (and I hate to say it) but she did near enough take his shirt out so his excuse for tucking it in may have some weight there tbh.
Bloody weird way to tuck ones shirt back in mind you, but it's clear to see that it's a very plausible excuse.

Nope, but with all the fuss surrounding it (and I hate to say it) but she did near enough take his shirt out so his excuse for tucking it in may have some weight there tbh.
Bloody weird way to tuck ones shirt back in mind you, but it's clear to see that it's a very plausible excuse.

Yeh I personally think that is what he is doing. The touchy feely bit when he pats he back is odd though

Back