• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I'd be very interested to see how far both parties take it. I think the assumption is that only Trump/Conservatives have and will be fact-checked, however this has already shown to not be the case. If anything, I'm sure Trump's calling out of fake news in the last 5 years has had a part to play with taking this action on the platform and should be classed as a positive across the board if implemented correctly and fairly. I like Dorsey, I thought he presented himself well after the two Rogan podcasts (would recommend if you haven't listened). He accepted back then that they would have to look at their policy where evidence was gathered showing harsher punishment on conservative posters than that of left-leaning posters, and he's done this.

Re: Twitter itself, I have an account but I find it difficult to scroll through regularly as it can escalate into a hotbed of vileness very quickly. However it is incredibly useful for breaking news, fact-checking through reputable and informed means and literal laugh-out-loud content.
I have a few twitter rules for myself which I mostly keep to. Keep my follow list small, I never post, and I try not read the responses (though sometimes I do get sucked down the rabbit hole). I do like it for breaking news and responses from those people whose opinion I value, but it is also bit of curse too.

Trump tweeted: “When the looting starts, the shooting starts” about the current situation.

This was a threat coined by Miami Police Chief Walter Headley, who promised violent reprisals on black protesters in 1967.

He also said: “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality. They haven’t seen anything yet.”

Twitter have put a content warning on this latest tweet as it encourages violence... brick's getting crazy, just want 2020 to go away.

America is so fractured it’s not good.

The issue now for what I can see is that in many parts the police have a dreadfully prejudiced view of blacks which has now manifested into a dreadfully prejudiced view of all cops by blacks.

Not all blacks are criminals and not all cops are racist.

Until that tension is broken and the trust built this will never end unfortunately.

America is so fractured it’s not good.

The issue now for what I can see is that in many parts the police have a dreadfully prejudiced view of blacks which has now manifested into a dreadfully prejudiced view of all cops by blacks.

Not all blacks are criminals and not all cops are racist.

Until that tension is broken and the trust built this will never end unfortunately.

It doesn't help when the president of the fudging country emboldens flagrant racists.

Sums it up:

The Michigan protester's were armed to the teeth and met with little to zero resistance. The Floyd protestor's were peaceful and met with water canons, dogs and tear gas... Riots only started after police hostility and instigation (before anyone tries to make that lame comparison)

There's a clear deep lying issue here.

The Michigan protester's were armed to the teeth and met with little to zero resistance. The Floyd protestor's were peaceful and met with water canons, dogs and tear gas... Riots only started after police hostility and instigation (before anyone tries to make that lame comparison)

There were agent provocateurs in among the protesters too. There a vid of a guy breaking windows who has been outed as a cop.

I haven't followed these stories enough to know the details, but I remember being deeply disturbed by the images of men with assault rifles flooding the capitol building (I think). The simple fact that this is seemingly ok, is beyond me.

Then of course, GHod knows what would've happened if these men were black.

I fear we haven't seen the worst of 2020 when it comes to the USA.

Antifa have never missed an opportunity to go round smashing up people's property.. They have also been attacking people who show that they're supporters of Trump . They've been turning up at Trump rallies, picking out easy targets for physical attacks...There's a few of you on here that have been condoning this action for quite some time now, stating it's okay to punch whom they deem to be Nazis..

Well done, the Mayoress of Atlanta Keisha Lance Bottoms :)eek:democrat :D) for telling it like it is...

Back