• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Some of the whataboutery around Trumps misdemeanors is hilarious, the guy is an idiot and clearly a bit of a bigot, but the worst thing Trump has done is make people forget how much of an awful president Obama was.

But is hugely more effective at getting them done.

Much as I disagree with his politics, he's served his base far better than Obama did.

Define "his base"...If you are referring to voter base, no he has not. That is another of these infuriating no-fact-or-context statements that create falsehoods. Unless you mean he has echoed their whining cries. But economically he has absolutely NOT helped his "base"...the "base" he HAS served are the multi-millionaires and right wing Christians.

Some of the whataboutery around Trumps misdemeanors is hilarious, the guy is an idiot and clearly a bit of a bigot, but the worst thing Trump has done is make people forget how much of an awful president Obama was.

He was not amazing. He had a healthy pile
of brick to deal with, and could get nothing done without some nauseating compromises (drones).

He was not amazing. He had a healthy pile
of brick to deal with, and could get nothing done without some nauseating compromises (drones).
That was one of his biggest problems. He was too idealistic and often failed to create compromise in the way a more experienced politician would and could.

Define "his base"...If you are referring to voter base, no he has not. That is another of these infuriating no-fact-or-context statements that create falsehoods. Unless you mean he has echoed their whining cries. But economically he has absolutely NOT helped his "base"...the "base" he HAS served are the multi-millionaires and right wing Christians.
He's acted like some protectionist economic simpleton and created a load of pointless jobs that could be done better and cheaper elsewhere.

He's reduced the tax burden for those who wanted him to.

He's made it acceptable (in certain circles) for people to say the racist, misogynistic, homophobic, quiet bit out loud.

Yep
Made the fanatical even more so
And the rich richer
And apparently it’s done with live because he was rich and famous anyway

That was one of his biggest problems. He was too idealistic and often failed to create compromise in the way a more experienced politician would and could.

Again simply not true IMV! I would argue he compromised too much and ended up in no man's land. The drone affair was a line in the sand, a bad one.

He's acted like some protectionist economic simpleton and created a load of pointless jobs that could be done better and cheaper elsewhere.

He's reduced the tax burden for those who wanted him to.

He's made it acceptable (in certain circles) for people to say the racist, misogynistic, homophobic, quiet bit out loud.

I agree with every word.
I would not define that as "serving" his base, I would define it as serving his interests and mates who have similar and using his public base.

The innocent collateral victims of his drones will say otherwise. The failure on Guantanamo. These are issues I feel strongly about but domestically he didn't light anything up either.
Yes the drone program was/is a travesty. In fact I called it out a few pages back in this thread. In comparison with Obama though Trump has increased drone strike frequency and made the military less accountable around it's reporting. So not exactly an improvement. Guantanamo also is a stain on Obama's record for sure, though I assume it is still open.

I could make an endless list of Trump's missteps but it would probably aggravate me as I typed it, so I won't bother.

Race, race, race... just give it a rest will you. Go back into your bedroom and do another couple of laps goose stepping. That might get it out of your system.

Click on the arrows next to names, follow back the exchanges and you will see that I didn't bring it up, initially @greatwhitenorf did so in reply to one of my posts. I responded..

I have avoided comment on your "political posts" for some time, but now is the time. Answers below in bold after each "point" raised.

Excuse my getting involved, but frankly, I could not let this pass.

There is certainly a black on black crime issue. I would suggest you ponder why that might be (start with The Ferguson Effect and work backwards). To understand why, you'd have to understand what being black in America has been for decades and decades, as well as the entrenched racism and prejudices that still exist. As for your "blacks kill more whites" you'll have to do a little better and post some pretty accurate statistics, from more than one right-wing source, and with proper context. N one of these "statistics" account for context.

You're constantly making excuses for bad behaviour for one side, whilst you constantly demonise the bad behaviour of the other.. You're weaponising race, but then your politics is leftist and that's what you people do..

Here's a link to the FBI
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....topic-pages/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/table-5

The link below confirms what I wrote ...
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

These stats are for 2016 but the stats have been similar for many years.. What I wrote is true.. Black Americans kill twice the number of White Americans despite being one fifth of their numbers ...

Also in my reply to @greatwhitenorf I kept it to only black and whites as he used the example of the Trump group using the N-word...Look at those figures for Hispanics murdering whites, nearly 800, compared to whites murdering Hispanics which doesn't even register...

I'm not going to debate the rest of your post as it's your usual 'you're the better human being' nonsense.

Back