• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

For the idiot he is and the rubbish that comes out of his mouth at times, the one thing he hasn’t done unlike all the others before him is gone to war.

Instead he's gone for a trade war with China, resulting in more jobs at home for Americans ... This has tinkled off the CCP, the Western globalist multinationals and the self proclaimed representatives of the ordinary folks of the USA, the Democratic Party..

Errrm...you have seen the U.S. Coronavirus mortality figures, haven't you?

Yeah, but I'm more concerned about the nuclear arsenal he's in charge of. If there ever will be a nuclear apocalypse, I won't be surprised to see Trump involved in some way, although I'm sure he'll refer to the burning ashes of what used to be Los Angeles as fake news.

For the idiot he is and the rubbish that comes out of his mouth at times, the one thing he hasn’t done unlike all the others before him is gone to war.

He tried pretty hard provoking Iran.. If he doesn't win the next election, he might declare war on certain parts of the USA.

It's nothing new that politicians will do whatever they can to remain in power, but Trump is taking this to a whole different level.

True...

Though no major US. terrorist attack to start them down that path.

Cancelled the Iran nuclear deal that could lead to massive problems down the road.

Done nothing to improve the North Korea situation, arguably made things worse.

Increased drone strikes.

Worsening the situation for Palestine.

Supported dictators and wannabe dictators all over the place.

Weakened relationships with most allies.

Done nothing to combat climate change.

If a war doesn't result from this at some point it will be despite of Trump, not because of him.

If someone tried to provoke Iran and Iran didn't bite, they didn't try very hard.
I wouldn't describe what happened as not biting. The biting (murders, attempted murders, work on nuclear weapons) was reigned in somewhat. Nowhere closer to a solution. Iran closer to nuclear weapons than they were when Trump took over, closer than they were a year ago.

I'd be happy to hear suggestions of any area of foreign policy where Trump has made things better. I do get that people with different priorities will see improvements, for me it's been an all round poor performance.

I wouldn't describe what happened as not biting. The biting (murders, attempted murders, work on nuclear weapons) was reigned in somewhat. Nowhere closer to a solution. Iran closer to nuclear weapons than they were when Trump took over, closer than they were a year ago.

I'd be happy to hear suggestions of any area of foreign policy where Trump has made things better. I do get that people with different priorities will see improvements, for me it's been an all round poor performance.
I don't think he's done a good job at all.

I just think that if he really had wanted to provoke them into a war, they'd be at war now.

others might not think hes done a good job, but imo theres plenty where trump has done well, and unfortunately too many people simply arent able to get past their personal dislike of him (understandable) to see this.

the trade war with China will probably be seen as (one of) the most significant aspect of the trump administration in a few years' time (excluding the current covid situation). imo, it was about time someone tried to put a stop to the bs that china had been playing to in terms of trade policies, ip theft, and causing unfair trade deficits. i doubt any other republican, let alone democrat would have had the balls to do this, and long term, it will hopefully prove beneficial to the us economy - although obviously short term there is going to be a bit of pain.

also, the iran nuclear deal was/is also a load of nonesense.why should the US (and world) pay for a bad actor to stop making nuclear weapons? it sets all the wrong precedents.

theres been a long history of the US getting the short stick of foreign policy deals, and Trump is simply saying enough is enough. these should bring benefits long term, as long as the the US stay on these policy directions - although im obviously not sure if this will actually happen.

Back