• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Is this the same Rabiot that ha said we’re beneath him and PSG won’t okay now because of his attitude (admittedly he wants to leave)?

The one CM who would genuinely bring something different to the table and is worth investing in for me is NDombele... he has a combination of Dembeles strength and dribbling with a passing brain. IF we’re going for a CM then he is the one
Did he actually say that we're beneath him or has this come from a press story with no quotes?

I know
I just have never been keen on Rabiot personally

As a player, I quite like what Ive seen of him. And I think he would really work in our set up.

As a person, from what we have seen, he seems to be a total bell end, and I completely understand anyone not really wanting him around the club.

Dacoure would be very good
Great age and profile too
But I can’t see us focusing on CM this window

I cant work out exactly what Doucoure is.

Ive watched a bit of Watford lately, and he seems to pass and move pretty well but be otherwise annonymous.

What am I missing?

As a player, I quite like what Ive seen of him. And I think he would really work in our set up.

As a person, from what we have seen, he seems to be a total bell end, and I completely understand anyone not really wanting him around the club.

Ive watched a bit of Watford lately, and he seems to pass and move pretty well but be otherwise annonymous.

What am I missing?
He’s not injured?

What am I missing?

He is everywhere for them and covers so much ground
He also can score
Imagine a more technical sissoko
That’s IMO anyway

He is everywhere for them and covers so much ground
He also can score
Imagine a more technical sissoko
That’s IMO anyway

I guess so.

What Ive seen, he isnt really defensive. More box to box. As I said, passes and moves well, so knits things together quite tidy.

Im yet to see any particular strength or definition to his game though. Just, kind of, "proficient".

Normally I like players that do good, understated work - but with this guy I cant decide if he is adding real value or not.

And, in turn, what he would bring to us.

While a more technical Sissoko sounds amazing right now, I tend to think we need better than that.

I doubt we were planning anything until the summer.
Bring in anybody now would just be a body to train up and sit on the bench.
That was part of my point. If we were planning to do business in the summer it could make sense to push that up to this window given our current situation. Might have to pay a bit more, but it seems like we're getting good money for Dembele and we're still in four competitions.

Someone with real quality, even if new at the club, could make some difference in the next couple of months. Looks to me Pochettino will look at his bench and not find many suitable options in games. We also have some reasonable league games coming up where a new player could be rotated in, which could give some tired players a breather.

Not saying it's going to happen, or that it should happen, but those factors could influence our decision making.

While a more technical Sissoko sounds amazing right now, I tend to think we need better than that.

Sissoko has improved so much and been superb for us. His hard work and Pochetino excellent coaching team have worked wonders with the guy and I'm impressed. Mousse has proved me so wrong.
We will miss him big time while he recovers.

Anyone we want their clubs will add another 10 million as they know we are desperate. Can't see anything but a potential loan. As to who, i don't know. Only saving grace would be Levy bricking himself about not qualifying for the champions league and losing out on all that money. He might take a risk and sign someone.

Wan-Bissaka, Grealish, Zaha and a technical strong centre mid such a Ndombele would be a nice set of players to sign and move us forward.

Wan -Bissaka -20m-30
Grealish 30-40
zaha 60-80
Ndombele - 60-80

cant see it but we can dream

That was part of my point. If we were planning to do business in the summer it could make sense to push that up to this window given our current situation. Might have to pay a bit more, but it seems like we're getting good money for Dembele and we're still in four competitions.

Someone with real quality, even if new at the club, could make some difference in the next couple of months. Looks to me Pochettino will look at his bench and not find many suitable options in games. We also have some reasonable league games coming up where a new player could be rotated in, which could give some tired players a breather.

Not saying it's going to happen, or that it should happen, but those factors could influence our decision making.

£11m for Dembele is peanuts in today market. He must be well crocked!
Levy won't panic that's for sure.
Still will be the summer for incoming IMO and that's an IF there are any!

Sissoko has improved so much and been superb for us. His hard work and Pochetino excellent coaching team have worked wonders with the guy and I'm impressed. Mousse has proved me so wrong.
We will miss him big time while he recovers.

Needless to say, I disagree.

As much as Sissoko has improved he simply isnt good enough, nor a decent fit. We need much better.

But, I can agree, while we have no other midfielders we will of course miss him.

Needless to say, I disagree.

As much as Sissoko has improved he simply isnt good enough, nor a decent fit. We need much better.

But, I can agree, while we have no other midfielders we will, of course, miss him.

His energy and stamina are very good.
He's got 'some of' the Kante (I wonder his price?) about him now, who I really like.
He cants cope with being in the opposition penalty area that's for sure!

He was raised in the PSG club culture, which has long been Bell End Central. From their whacko fans and cheating owners to the pompous douchebags who pull on the shirt these days.

Desperate times, desperate measures for Rabiot.

We have a plan and we have targets. Of course there are variables which happen in football (will Barca come in for Eriksen for example) but we do have a few long-term youth targets. Special ones. When Poch spoke of being brave, he meant not stuffing up the ranks with mid-level fodder. He meant go big or go home in the sense of signings, and he's right, because Skipp is worth it, Amos would've been (and will be) and KWP can step up as well. The biggest problem has been when we have had targets who nearly came -Isco for example- they see our squad and wonder how they'll become any more of a regular than who we have. Easing Dembele along is very helpful, and ditto Victor will be too. But to say we don't have a transfer plan now is not accurate; the plan firmed up with the realization that Poch no longer wanted a second, third or fourth option, he wants one or none. He also is not a big money guy necessarily; those come with interference/big agents getting in the way, and he is not interested (I concede that as he gets older he might have to alter that tune slightly). It is why the United talk is funny; he is NOT going to be answerable to a PLC and chairman-appointed DOF. Let alone the super-agents in that squad.

So, here's the thing.

If we have a plan, and we have targets, something is preventing us from acquiring those targets - we've broken records with our utter inactivity.

The argument that it's because of squad strength seems flimsy to me, because there are clubs all around us with stronger squads (I.e, everyone in the top six) that still manage to bring in players who would ostensibly face competition for a first-team slot.

Yes, you argue - that is because they spend more money. Well, that's my point - where is this magical backing to pursue Poch's number-one targets? Okay, Poch only wants his first choices, fine, no arguments. But that approach seems destined to result in record-breaking levels of inactivity, because he won't get the money for those first choices - Levy won't allow it.

So, personally, if we have a plan but can't execute it because we have 0.00 to spend and aren't willing to go over it, that's the same as just being reactive. We just sit on our hands, and wait, and wait, and maybe in five years we'll see one of Poch's first choices also made available on a free - and *that* is when we'll finally move, because it fits within our price range.

Back