• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

We don't need a forward. We need a CM. Get one in on loan. Winks will break down if not now but in future. Learn from Jack Wiltshire.
We’re well covered in centre mid. Skipp, Oakley-Booth, Marsh plus Amos to return from injury. Loads. Don’t need to buy anyone...

Spurs and Spain striker Fernando Llorente, 33, is a target for Barcelona. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Everton are interested in signing Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele but will have to pay £75m for the 22-year-old France international. (Star)

GUEYE TOLD TO STAY

Everton have told midfielder Idrissa Gueye that they do not want to sell him to Paris Saint Germain this month, according to the Daily Mail.

The French champions are willing to offer around £30m for the defensive midfielder.

DOUCOURE: I AM GOING TO LEAVE

Some strong and infortmative quotes to start the day from Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, who has been linked with a move to PSG.

Speaking to French TV station Canal Plus: “I think I am going to leave Watford. The club know my ambitions and want to help me get to the next level.

“I'm flattered by the interest of PSG but for the moment there's nothing concrete. I will focus on my performance for my club.

“I've not had contact with PSG and they've not contacted Watford. My goal is to play well for Watford and then maybe join a Champions League team.

“The chances of me joining PSG? Probably small as they follow a number of players. I'm not the priority that's for sure but if there is an opportunity then we will look into it....This winter we'll study all possibilities on offer. The most important thing for me is to continue to progress and with my performances I'll succeed in playing for a club in Europe.

“Staying in England is a possibility and the Italian league is becoming more interesting. There are clubs who have returned to show interest in me again. The first criteria for me is that the club plays in the Champions League.”

I was watching Brooks closely yesterday and he wasn't great. I'm sure he has had better games but 40m seems a bit high for him.

I was watching Brooks closely yesterday and he wasn't great. I'm sure he has had better games but 40m seems a bit high for him.

Brooks is good. Better than Maddison or Grealish. But still not our level.

We could easily have had him last summer. He had a punch up with Paul Coutts and a few other players at the end of season awards night last spring, and United told him to find another club. So I doubt we wouldn't have matched Bournemouth's £10m if we'd wanted him.

Chelsea are prepared to pay £50million for Bournemouth's Callum Wilson, according to Sky sources.

Tottenham and West Ham have since been linked with moves for the striker as both clubs face losing their key forwards.

An asking price of £75m has been mooted for the striker. If that deal goes through it would make Wilson the most expensive English player by £25m, overtaking Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling who Emirates Marketing Project splashed £50m on each.

Wilson was carrying an injury ahead of yesterday's defeat at Everton but was still expected to be named on the bench. He's scored 11 goals in all competitions this season, with one of those coming in his England debut against the USA in November.

Ah yes - just found it. Hamstring went at Christmas and out until Feb

Wednesday expecting him back when fit though.

Yeah, just found the tweet and posted it in the youth players thread. Out for about a month Wednesday reckon. Have they been introduced to our medical department? :)

Could be my mind playing tricks on me, but Im pretty sure we were linked to him back in his Coventry days - so maybe we like him! ;)

EDIT: Cant find the links that far back, but we were linked while he was at Bournemouth in both 2015 and 2016.

I liked him. Had the sort of movement that would slot right into our set up. Quality on the ball, good vision. Plenty there to work with for Poch IMO.

Id say the same for Lookman, the two stand out players I thought.
Lookman looked the better of the two on yesterday's showing. Brooks in 2nd half (when I was paying attention) turned over possession repeatedly, but was trying the right things at least . Yes, something to work with but 40m still seems a little steep.

Brooks all day long! Bournemouth should have rapped that game up in the first 30 mins. Their best player by a country mile.
Wonderful prospect in a very poor/average Bournemouth side.
Everton need a manager! Dreadful home display just got a bit of help from flagging Bournemouth.

Back