• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Agree with of this, except I think that we have a bigger full-back problem than CB at the moment. I'd love to see us push the boat out for Wan Bissaka and a young athletic LB (i.e Tierney, Sessegnon, etc), along with a big-ticket central midfielder. Maybe we could loan the young FBs back for the rest of the season and get them in for all of pre-season like we did Dele. Every week, we are let down in those departments, and the guys we have are either unfit (Rose), not good enough to be first choice (Davies, Trips), or whatever Aurier is at this point.

(All of this assumes that Poch just doesn't rate KWP enough to give him legit first team minutes)

Why would Poch go for Wan Bissaka over KWP?

I like what I’ve seen of Wan Bissaka but he has played less than 15 games at right back

Would be a huge gamble

Will add that Danny Rose hadn’t played ether at all ether until he was 21 so it’s not beyond the realms

Playing with brick players and scoring could be a label used on many players...doesn't automatically mean they'd be a fit for us though..plus if he was good enough for us, he'd likely still be at Liverpool or a level slightly below, not SCBC...

Liverpool don’t play CFs hence why they have their strikers in the bench

He also wanted to leave to get playing

He could get 20 games a season with us and we wanted him before he went to pool

If we need a back up we need someone who has a track record and it at least mobile enough to move when needed

Liverpool don’t play CFs hence why they have their strikers in the bench

He also wanted to leave to get playing

He could get 20 games a season with us and we wanted him before he went to pool

If we need a back up we need someone who has a track record and it at least mobile enough to move when needed

No different to Jay Rodriguez of WBA in that regard, who i think is a better player and fit for us..and still not good enough.
Also, i bet his wages have had the 'Liverpool inflation for mediocre level player' factor added as well..

No different to Jay Rodriguez of WBA in that regard, who i think is a better player and fit for us..and still not good enough.
Also, i bet his wages have had the 'Liverpool inflation for mediocre level player' factor added as well..
Well he has a £20m deal agreed with SCBC so he wouldn’t be available anyway

I think we would have gone for J Rod pre injury. Think we we were in for Ings pre Liverpool and although I’m pleased that he’s recovered from his injuries, he needs to play every week to rebuild his career and Liverpool would never sell to us. If he does well at SCBC he’ll have quite a bit of mid prem choice next season!

I think we would have gone for J Rod pre injury. Think we we were in for Ings pre Liverpool and although I’m pleased that he’s recovered from his injuries, he needs to play every week to rebuild his career and Liverpool would never sell to us. If he does well at SCBC he’ll have quite a bit of mid prem choice next season!
Everton

Really happy with Son being the Kane cover to be honest. We generally play very well when Kane’s not available and Sons up top. Think we have far more pressing areas of concern than anywhere in the front 6.
If memory serves we had a better record without Kane when Son was up top and it was a bigger sample size than just a few games. I do actually wonder if Son is better centrally with his explosive shooting...

Why would Poch go for Wan Bissaka over KWP?

I like what I’ve seen of Wan Bissaka but he has played less than 15 games at right back

Would be a huge gamble

Will add that Danny Rose hadn’t played ether at all ether until he was 21 so it’s not beyond the realms

Fair point, and I wish he'd just play KWP, too. But I just don't think he rates KWP, and if he won't play him, a guy with Wan-Bissaka's athleticism and raw materials would make him a fantastic potential signing. He does offer the insane physical tools of someone like prime Walker and as much as I like KWP, he doesn't seem to have those same traits.

Mateusz Klich from Leeds. Big strong central midfielder who carries a goal threat. Polish international.

Think cheap version of Leon Goretzka.

Really happy with Son being the Kane cover to be honest. We generally play very well when Kane’s not available and Sons up top. Think we have far more pressing areas of concern than anywhere in the front 6.

This is the question for me. Not "who is good backup for Kane" but "Who is better backup for Kane than Son?"

And, honestly, short of some hotshot youngster that would suit the squad, I just dont see any better options.

I dont think we need to replace Llorente, I think we are better off making sure we have enough AM to cover Son if he is played up front (which at them moment it looks like we do).

If memory serves we had a better record without Kane when Son was up top and it was a bigger sample size than just a few games. I do actually wonder if Son is better centrally with his explosive shooting...

Honestly I prefer him there to the left.

I think it makes sense to get younger players in given Poch's ability to develop players.

@Finney Is Back did you see Success bully our - admittidly not amazing - defence recently? His strength and pace will test most defenders, and he's pretty good with the ball at his feet, but he needs more end product. The ingredients are there imo. Whether he will come good on his promise no one knows. But we should buy potential. Success has the attributes, can he become a finisher, is the question?
I have seen several players bully our defence recently. Unfortunately I think it says a bit more about our defence than the opposing striker. Maybe Success has improved considerably this season but from what I saw of him last season he looked all strength and no technique, which I don't think is a great fit for us.

I have seen several players bully our defence recently. Unfortunately I think it says a bit more about our defence than the opposing striker. Maybe Success has improved considerably this season but from what I saw of him last season he looked all strength and no technique, which I don't think is a great fit for us.

See the Watford vid on the previous page - he's more than just power. Pretty tidy with the ball at his feet. Needs to develop his finishing probably.

I would like to see us go in for Arnautovic from West Ham. Plays equally well from the left or through the middle and no doubt he would kick up a fuss to be able to make the step up to join us, just as he kicked up a fuss a year and a half ago to make a smaller step up from Stoke to West Ham.

Shove in a public £40 million offer to get the player's attention. He'll then go through his bad behaviour routine to try to get the move and we can eventually settle on a fee of about £50 million.

Back