• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

I said it in the summer (to much ridicule) that we really missed a trick not going in hard for Richarlison.

Big annoyance, he's scored six premiere league goals already. Ah well.

I think it was fair to ask if £50m offered fair value, and to be put off by such isnt unreasonable.

I also would question where/how he would fit in with what we have (a common issue with transfer targets over the summer).

That said, I think most recognised he has(had?) potential, though youd have to admit last season was hardly a break out.

Im not disappointed as such with him going elsewhere, but its fair to say he has really delivered there so far.

I said it in the summer (to much ridicule) that we really missed a trick not going in hard for Richarlison.

You may be right but he started out like a house on fire last season and then burnt out, who says it will not happen again. 50 mill ( i think that is what he cost?) was to much ( imo).

Lets see how he finishes the season before saying we missed out, but as i said you may be right.

Personally would be after Callum Wilson still

Much better back up than what we have, plus he can play out wide as well.

Better than Son, Moura and Lamela?

With the rapid decline of Dembele, Wanyama and Alder, we need two CMs and a CB. Forwards and AMs are all good for the time being.
Agree on AM, I get the sentiment re Wilson but new signings of Pamela and Moura now leave us with a lot of cover and Son is going to be Kane’s backup as we’ll never actually rotate him. I’d love cheap experienced bully of a CF as a plan B but we’d need to get Llorente and Janssen off the books first.

I’d say Rose is looking more like he is experiencing the physical decline of Dembele and Wanyama and if this doesn’t change soon an athletic left back would be more important than a cb as we are still better stocked in that area.

We need to bite the bullet and pay the January premium on at least one CM.

Agree on AM, I get the sentiment re Wilson but new signings of Pamela and Moura now leave us with a lot of cover and Son is going to be Kane’s backup as we’ll never actually rotate him. I’d love cheap experienced bully of a CF as a plan B but we’d need to get Llorente and Janssen off the books first.

I’d say Rose is looking more like he is experiencing the physical decline of Dembele and Wanyama and if this doesn’t change soon an athletic left back would be more important than a cb as we are still better stocked in that area.

Isacc Success? A real handful, pacy, and a player who's finishing should develop under Poch.

Isacc Success? A real handful, pacy, and a player who's finishing should develop under Poch.
Potentially yes, I was actually thinking of someone older who might be more content on the bench to be at a bigger club in their last few years.

What is notable when we talk about signings is the appetite we have for domestic players who are unfinished given our confidence in Poch’s coaching (barkley, grealish, sessegnon, wan Bissaka etc). I am hoping that this will be reflected in some of the players choosing to come here too.

He was 0 from 26 to end his Watford career. I'm not saying he doesn't have the tools and is actually showing he can do CF cover aswell. I just think it would have taken a huge leap of faith for anyone other then Silva to part with that sort of money.

Potentially yes, I was actually thinking of someone older who might be more content on the bench to be at a bigger club in their last few years.

What is notable when we talk about signings is the appetite we have for domestic players who are unfinished given our confidence in Poch’s coaching (barkley, grealish, sessegnon, wan Bissaka etc). I am hoping that this will be reflected in some of the players choosing to come here too.

I think it makes sense to get younger players in given Poch's ability to develop players.

@Finney Is Back did you see Success bully our - admittidly not amazing - defence recently? His strength and pace will test most defenders, and he's pretty good with the ball at his feet, but he needs more end product. The ingredients are there imo. Whether he will come good on his promise no one knows. But we should buy potential. Success has the attributes, can he become a finisher, is the question?

Last edited:
Chillwell and the lad at palace on the right would give me the same excitement as Rose and Walker 3 years ago did. Think Poch could mould them well.

Probably looking at 30m each, get rid of rose, tripper and Aurier and you might be able to do it without an extra outlay.

As poor as Davies has been I would keep him around as a backup.

I prefer PVA from Palace. Playing in a fairly mediocre team but usually gives a good account and dangerous going forward.

I also think the Wolves RB is very dangerous. Haven't seen much of him defensively though.

He was 0 from 26 to end his Watford career. I'm not saying he doesn't have the tools and is actually showing he can do CF cover aswell. I just think it would have taken a huge leap of faith for anyone other then Silva to part with that sort of money.

Silva definitely gets the most from him. That does introduce another factor as to a player’s success or failure. Just because a player is a success with one manager, it isn’t guaranteed that he will be successful managed by someone else. Tactics, motivation, and discipline all play a part in a player’s performances. And I think Everton have been set up so Richarlison is their main man, he wouldn’t have had that with us and for that reason I doubt he would have been as effective.

One last thing that I’ll mention is I remember reading comments from a former player/manager who said that with young players, it’s almost more important getting in to positions to score than if they do score. It’s about anticipation and movement off the ball. Players can learn how to finish but without the instinct to play, they will struggle. Richarlison was missing a high number of chances last season BUT he is young, and in a new league. He was getting in to the right positions and that was for Watford. At Everton, generally recognised as a bigger club than Watford, he will get more opportunities and so be able to shine. I think he will score 15-20 PL goals this season as long as Silva remains in charge at Everton.

Silva definitely gets the most from him. That does introduce another factor as to a player’s success or failure. Just because a player is a success with one manager, it isn’t guaranteed that he will be successful managed by someone else. Tactics, motivation, and discipline all play a part in a player’s performances. And I think Everton have been set up so Richarlison is their main man, he wouldn’t have had that with us and for that reason I doubt he would have been as effective.

One last thing that I’ll mention is I remember reading comments from a former player/manager who said that with young players, it’s almost more important getting in to positions to score than if they do score. It’s about anticipation and movement off the ball. Players can learn how to finish but without the instinct to play, they will struggle. Richarlison was missing a high number of chances last season BUT he is young, and in a new league. He was getting in to the right positions and that was for Watford. At Everton, generally recognised as a bigger club than Watford, he will get more opportunities and so be able to shine. I think he will score 15-20 PL goals this season as long as Silva remains in charge at Everton.

Interesting, similar in a way to Sterling who used to miss (and still does) a hatful of chances but also scores plenty.

Makes for quite fun watching. Success has abilty, can he deliver end product regularly? I think Poch could help him.

I’d like Danny Ings as a back up

Better than Son, Moura and Lamela?

With the rapid decline of Dembele, Wanyama and Alder, we need two CMs and a CB. Forwards and AMs are all good for the time being.

Agree with of this, except I think that we have a bigger full-back problem than CB at the moment. I'd love to see us push the boat out for Wan Bissaka and a young athletic LB (i.e Tierney, Sessegnon, etc), along with a big-ticket central midfielder. Maybe we could loan the young FBs back for the rest of the season and get them in for all of pre-season like we did Dele. Every week, we are let down in those departments, and the guys we have are either unfit (Rose), not good enough to be first choice (Davies, Trips), or whatever Aurier is at this point.

(All of this assumes that Poch just doesn't rate KWP enough to give him legit first team minutes)

Hes doing well at SCBC, knows the league and is scoring

It can’t be easy for him playing with such brick players

Playing with brick players and scoring could be a label used on many players...doesn't automatically mean they'd be a fit for us though..plus if he was good enough for us, he'd likely still be at Liverpool or a level slightly below, not SCBC...

Back