• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Careful. Isn't that exactly the kind of attitude towards a lower, smaller team that we despise about the likes of United, Madrid etc when sniffing around our players?

We're not bully boys with the arrogance of assuming AFCB would sell just because they're lower. Not sure they even have a proven track record of selling their big names?

It is not bullying its just the football food chain in action.

Or are you saying we have to buy from bigger clubs to avoid being perceived 'nasty'?

That Brooks kid at Bournemouth definitely has something about him.

The perfect type of player for Poch.

I REALLY like him. I think we may have been interested before he went to Bournemouth.

So composed, so aware, I love watching him play.

I think Poch would love him, but as ever, its a case of if/how he would fit.

Have you not got your yellow socks on?

I havent, I feel naked...

It is not bullying its just the football food chain in action.

Or are you say we have to buy from bigger clubs to avoid being 'nasty'?

Don't get me wrong, Brooks looks like a very decent player. But we bemoan when other teams come sniffing around our players cos they've had a good few months on the pitch. Presuming they can bully us into a sale just because 'we're Tottenham' and they're (for example) Madrid. Turning our players heads with rumours of lucrative offers.

I get that that's football these days. My point was merely how much we as spurs fans detest that arrogance of other clubs. The presumption of it all. So it was just an observation that we might sound rather hypocritical when we assume Brooks to be a realistic option. He's only been on the Bournemouth scene 5mins really. There's no evidence to suggest they'd even entertain a sale, let alone need to.

Don't get me wrong, Brooks looks like a very decent player. But we bemoan when other teams come sniffing around our players cos they've had a good few months on the pitch. Presuming they can bully us into a sale just because 'we're Tottenham' and they're (for example) Madrid. Turning our players heads with rumours of lucrative offers.

I get that that's football these days. My point was merely how much we as spurs fans detest that arrogance of other clubs. The presumption of it all. So it was just an observation that we might sound rather hypocritical when we assume Brooks to be a realistic option. He's only been on the Bournemouth scene 5mins really. There's no evidence to suggest they'd even entertain a sale, let alone need to.

The only time I see issue with clubs coming for our players, from a "what arrogance!" "how dare they!" perspective is when those clubs really arent that far ahead of us - if at all.

If Madrid come in for Eriksen - it sucks, its frustrating, but is also the food chain.

If Utd do - well theres not such a clear gap is there? They can go fudge themselves!

The food chain is what it is.

We are comfortably 3rd in the league, we should be able to go to a mid table club and buy talent. Thats life.

Though as we have found out (and also done ourselves) those clubs dont always want to sell and wont necessarily give us our way.

No animosity or anything, its just business.

Poch didn't even know who Bowen was in a recent presser, no disrespect but he's below our level. Same as people mentioning Billing, not good enough.

Bowen would be a good signing for Huddersfield actually.

Bowen is decent, and worth a punt (especially at the reported £10m). Home grown, talented, hungry - why not?

As to Poch not knowing him? Id be surprised actually, and suggest perhaps he was just deflecting the question.

The only time I see issue with clubs coming for our players, from a "what arrogance!" "how dare they!" perspective is when those clubs really arent that far ahead of us - if at all.

If Madrid come in for Eriksen - it sucks, its frustrating, but is also the food chain.

If Utd do - well theres not such a clear gap is there? They can go fudge themselves!

We are comfortably 3rd in the league, we should be able to go to a mid table club and buy talent. Thats life.

Though as we have found out (and also done ourselves) those clubs dont always want to sell and wont necessarily give us our way.

Bowen is decent, and worth a punt (especially at the reported £10m). Home grown, talented, hungry - why not?

As to Poch not knowing him? Id be surprised actually, and suggest perhaps he was just deflecting the question.

Hopefully it would see us loaning out Sterling as well.

Agree, that comment instantly made me think he has an interest, he doesnt usually say he hasnt heard of a player and I dont believe he wouldnt be aware of a young talent like him. According to many on here Poch doesnt actually mean what he says most of the time so I certainly wouldnt be taking that as gospel....

When it comes to transfers I don't believe anything poch says. We keep our cards close to our chest, he's not going to blab at a press conference.

Agree, that comment instantly made me think he has an interest, he doesnt usually say he hasnt heard of a player and I dont believe he wouldnt be aware of a young talent like him. According to many on here Poch doesnt actually mean what he says most of the time so I certainly wouldnt be taking that as gospel....

Obviously its personal view, but generally I think Poch is basically honest when talking about all things - except transfers.

I suspect specifically there its just as easy to say "never hear of him/dont know what you are talking about" as it is the "I dont talk about other clubs players". All managers do it.

I would say, aside from being heavily linked with us (and so on his radar even if only as a rumour), Bowen is one of the players of the season in the Championship, has been excellent, and eye catching considering his goals.

I would be amazed if any manager in the league wasnt at the very least familiar with who he is.

Because we don't play with wingers, as Nkoudou and Njie can testify. And we've not played with no pace ones since the days of Malbranque and Reid.

Bowen isnt a winger. He doesnt even remotely compare to N'Koudou or N'jie. I do wish you would know what you were talking about before writing off players as you do.

Bowen would play more like Lamela, except, you know, score goals.

Huh, So is he like Son, Lamela or Reid/Malbranque?? They are all completely different! I'm gonna have to consult YouTube

EDIT: After 3mins of intense viewing I can only describe him as 'Very Jinky'.

Last edited:
Huh, So is he like Son, Lamela or Reid/Malbranque?? They are all completely different! I'm gonna have to consult YouTube

EDIT: After 3mins of intense viewing I can only describe him as 'Very Jinky'.

Predominantly plays on the right as a left footed player that drifts inside.

Ends up spending a lot of time in the gaps behind the striker. So while for me the obvious comparison is Lamela, I can see the logic in Son (or even Malbranque!).

He is skillfull, pretty robust, has decent vision and very good movement and timing. Has that wonderful knack of arriving in the box just where he needs to be, when he needs to be.

I dont know that he can step up to the premiership, we never really do - but he is currently outperforming the Championship and has many traits we know Poch likes and works within our set up.

Early rumours were at around £10m, if thats true it seems like a no brainer to me to take a chance with him.

BREAKING NEWS

Schalke and Tottenham in talks over Vincent Janssen loan move, according to Sky sources.

An unnamed club in France has also shown interest.

His move to Real Betis is looking increasingly unlikely.

Yes, its hard for the sides 'fans' who are losing the player.
This is like night follows day its a natural occurrence and how football teams evolve. Brooks was bought by Bournemouth last summer from Sheffield United, was that not just the same as say us buying him from Bournemouth?
Bale to Real, Berbertov to United and so on it the just football doing what football has done for over a hundred years.
Don't stress it and it's definitely not bullying and to cheer yourself up, think Neymar, Ozil and Sanchez.

I hope this is now true.
My fear is they can still make us an offer we can't refuse for our tier two players.
Tier one is outside even their price range IMO now.

as an aside - Brooks must be worth £40-50m sadly.

I hope this is now true.
My fear is they can still make us an offer we can't refuse for our tier two players.
Tier one is outside even their price range IMO now.

as an aside - Brooks must be worth £40-50m sadly.

As a club of status and finances, of course they can.

As a sporting enterprise? Well, not anymore.

Which muddies the waters somewhat. It used to be a slam dunk for them.

BREAKING NEWS

Schalke and Tottenham in talks over Vincent Janssen loan move, according to Sky sources.

An unnamed club in France has also shown interest.

His move to Real Betis is looking increasingly unlikely.

Saw something earlier that Betis had pulled out due to Levy adding an extra million to the loan deal at the last minute.
Wouldn't be a complete transfer window without a Levy haggle/Levy bad-guy story.

Back