• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window predictions

Not that we should have expected our transfer policy to change with Poch leaving and Mourinho joining, however this confirms its:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...se-mourinho-daniel-levy-rumours-a9270126.html

Talk of 'intelligent' = get good value
'development of a cycle' = sign young players

So I expect us to make some offers for players like Aarons etc and make Lo Celso permanent, but questionable whether anyone actually arrives

Talk of 'intelligent' could also mean that we look to priorities signings. We can't get it all fixed in this window and I think we all agree we are calling out for a new RB, LB and DM at very least, one of them is a higher priority for Mourinho than the others, which will have to wait until the Summer.

Given that we changed managers six weeks ago, it is reasonable to assume that our targets might have changed.
I think both managers are likely to have been in agreement that Wanyama can go. I doubt he’s done anything in the 6 weeks to convince José of anything else.

i predict we fail to sell which leads to us failing to buy and mourinho making noise in the media and levy overhauling his executive team

If we end up with:

- Out: Eriksen, Rose, Wanyama (maybe), Clarke (loan)
- In: Gedson (loan), Lo Celso (made permanent), Willian Jose

...then I think thats a decent January window for us

If we end up with:

- Out: Eriksen, Rose, Wanyama (maybe), Clarke (loan)
- In: Gedson (loan), Lo Celso (made permanent), Willian Jose

...then I think thats a decent January window for us

Edit .. In now includes SB (but not Willian Jose), still likely to have another addition with all the striker talk. Out will likely include KWP as well

This thread and the poll on spend expected in January is actually fudging embarrassing

Pleased with the window so far but we still need a new striker. I think Wanyama will be sold tomorrow and Rose is going. We will sign Giroud and a versatile defender.

No thanks. It has been a horrible wrench having to feel anything but ill-will towards Mourinho. I’m not going through all that for Giroud.

Giroud is a funny one for me, he was arsenals best forward when they sold him, he’s the most reliable forward Chelsea have but I see why they would want to blood Abraham.

I don’t think he’s good enough for us generally, but a loan until the end of the season could work as he’s a better fit at CF for our current system than Moura. Surely there are a hundred better options out there though. It’s a shame Janssen isn’t still around.

My predictions for the summer are diop, aarons, soumare to come in and surprising exits for vertonghen, aurier and sissoko.

And more surprises with foyth kept to compete with aarons.

Very much doubt we will go for one, its been a poisoned chalice in the past and we have three wingers capable of filling the role and troy will be a year older.
Yeah I agree
But we have an obsession with it as a fan base
I still know people trying to justify Cavani for £25m at 32 and on £250k a week ...

It's clear that Mourinho and levy have a mandate to rebuild the team beyond this window. Let's support them. I am expecting the next window to be really exciting. Levy goes for the big win. Doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back