• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I wouldn't believe any of the above.

I think Bale (or his agent) is playing a canny game at the moment. Zidane clearly doesn't want him at Madrid but he is one of the highest 3 or 4 paid players in the World so can stay where he is and earn twice as much as he would earn anywhere else. By stating that he will stay at Madrid it forces Madrid to make a decision, do they want to pay £30 million a year for a player that the manager doesn't want or do they cut their losses pay up a portion of his contract and let him go on a free as they may be forced to do due to the ridiculous pay packet they gave a reasonably injury prone player approaching his thirties.

Even if Bale goes to a mega money club like Man Utd Bale would still only earn around half of what he earns at Real Madrid, so Madrid will have to offer a sweetener to him for him to accept leaving. This is why clubs sometimes have to be very careful giving older players massive contracts. Man Utd are now in the same position with Sanchez (I wonder whether the two clubs might even try a direct multi year loan swap with the two respective clubs continuing to pick up their own player's wages?)

I find it odd ZZ doesn’t want him, something has happened behind the scenes or he’s not worth the hassle with the injuries.

Unless the rebuild at Real is bigger than we think.

If you were him wouldnt you think you could move somewhere bigger than Spurs?

Ive looked at it so far from our end, and honestly am more against than for, but form his point of view would Spurs make any sense at all?

Why do you want a player like that, sort of backs up my ego comment - I don’t think he’s in a position to think like that given his injury history.

I think he would be a complete waste of money personally if the figures are true and i would still have Modric ahead of him if we had to have one of them.

Why do you want a player like that, sort of backs up my ego comment - I don’t think he’s in a position to think like that given his injury history.

I think he would be a complete waste of money personally if the figures are true and i would still have Modric ahead of him if we had to have one of them.

Theres two different things going on there IMO.

1) Me, personally, Im not interested in us getting him (though plenty are). I dont think it would work for us. And thats nothing to do with any perceived ego etc, and more to do with him not representing value for money, and potentially upsetting the squad balance given what he would cost/wages etc.

2) He is being pushed out of Madrid. Is one of the best players around. 4 CL medals, La Liga, one time world record fee... If he is moving, why would he be interested in a second tier side like Spurs when he should be able to get a move to a top tier side?

All sentiment aside, I cant really argue for him to want to come to Spurs.

The only argument that would work is the one where his heart has always been with us, he has gone and won medals and now wants to see out his last few years at his spiritual home blah blah ...

...which is BS really isnt it?

Theres two different things going on there IMO.

1) Me, personally, Im not interested in us getting him (though plenty are). I dont think it would work for us. And thats nothing to do with any perceived ego etc, and more to do with him not representing value for money, and potentially upsetting the squad balance given what he would cost/wages etc.

2) He is being pushed out of Madrid. Is one of the best players around. 4 CL medals, La Liga, one time world record fee... If he is moving, why would he be interested in a second tier side like Spurs when he should be able to get a move to a top tier side?

All sentiment aside, I cant really argue for him to want to come to Spurs.

The only argument that would work is the one where his heart has always been with us, he has gone and won medals and now wants to see out his last few years at his spiritual home blah blah ...

...which is BS really isnt it?

I don’t disagree with much of that - I think the only thing we do is I do think he would bring an ego in, he would want the team to be built around him and him to be the main man.

I think it’s going to be an exciting summer for transfers

I don’t disagree with much of that - I think the only thing we do is I do think he would bring an ego in, he would want the team to be built around him and him to be the main man.

I think it’s going to be an exciting summer for transfers

I dont know about the ego thing, I really dont. Perhaps youre seeing something I am not, Ive never taken that impression from him.

That said, I do agree in that it would be impossible to not play him given the costs - and I think that will inevitably cause issues in the balance and performance of the side.

I said before (maybe January, the rumours been going on a while...) that the only way signing him REALLY makes sense to me is if we have to sell Kane and Bale replaces him. Otherwise I just dont see how it would work.

I do agree, I think this summer will be exciting - though I suspect it will be a number of "sensible" buys with potential rather than the blockbusters many will be wanting...

It is an odd one with Bale, he never seemed to play with an ego and come across and shy when interviewed. He’s never been in the press for doing anything silly.
He seems to want to stay at Madrid no matter how they treat him, yet the squad have been quoted in saying he hasn’t integrated with them at all.
I guess it’s up to Madrid to pay him off to go, feels to me like his agent is influential so even if Bale wanted to take a step back to something resembling a normal football club / had a soft spot for us I think he will be go to the highest bidder regardless.

Mirror

Tottenham Hotspur have stolen a march on Liverpool in the race to sign Germany international Julian Brandt.

The 23-year-old is likely to leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer, regardless of whether they seal a Champions League place on the final day of the Bundesliga season.

Brandt is heading into the final two years of his contract at the BayArena, and can leave for just £21million due to a release clause in his contract.

That, combined with another fine season in which he has impressed with nine goals and 17 assists, has seen a number of clubs make moves for a player long-coveted by Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp had initially made Brandt his No.1 transfer target in 2017, but unable to reach a deal with Bayer, they moved for Mo Salah instead.

Brandt has again been linked with a switch to Anfield, as Klopp looks to strengthen ahead of another Premier League push next season.

According to SportBild, Spurs have made their own push for Brandt, and holding talks with the player’s father.

Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid have also held talks.

Spurs, who haven't signed a senior first-team player since Lucas Moura 18 months ago, are not just looking to strengthen in a bid to get closer to Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project in the Premier League next year, but are also scouring potential replacements for Christian Eriksen, with his future still uncertain.

Eriksen has just one year left on his deal, and has been eyed by Real Madrid .

Brandt would fit the bill, having impressed under Peter Bosz this season after switching from a wide role into a more creative central position.

Bosz said on the subject earlier this year: “I’ve seen a lot of games involving Julian. During my time with Dortmund when we played against Bayer - back then he was playing on the wing, but I saw him as a midfielder.

"He’s such a good player and you’ve got to give good players the ball as much as possible.”

However, that move also furthers his appeal to Liverpool, who are looking for added goal threat from central midfield next term.

If Bales available and willing to sign then you bloody well sign him.

Would you have said the same about say Alexis Sanchez 18 months ago?

Why risk our entire project - built on having a unified squad of hungry young players - to bring in an injury-crippled hugely-overpaid has-been?

Even if it’s costing us 300k a week and potentially disrupting the team?

Obviously the costs need to work for us too but i don't see why Bale would be a disruption to the team - he's a model professional and a born winner which is the exact type of player you want in and around your squad. Not to mention he's immensely talented and proven in the league.

Brandt should be an all in kind of signing. Unless Eriksen has said he's going to sign a new contract after the Champions League final, we should be going after Brandt, even if we end up with the pair of them on the books at the end of the summer, we will have legitimate competition for Dele and Eriksen in their two positions.

If that release clause is accurate too, then there is absolutely no reason we should even think about it. I reckon this lad is better than Grealish who most likely won't be available if Villa go up and irrespective of promotion would likely be stupidly expensive.

Even if it’s costing us 300k a week and potentially disrupting the team?
Can you give examples of when Bale has ever disrupted any team? All he's ever done is knuckle down and try and fight for his place in the team, most players at his level would have got their agents to kick up a right fuss if they had been treated the way he has....

Can you give examples of when Bale has ever disrupted any team? All he's ever done is knuckle down and try and fight for his place in the team, most players at his level would have got their agents to kick up a right fuss if they had been treated the way he has....

I see him as disruptive on two fronts:

1) HAVING to play, because of the £££ and because he is Bale. Lets be honest, no chance he is on the bench, which itself is then a constraint to operate with.
2) Being injured half the time. So he is in, then out, then in...

Not in a personally disruptive kind of way, rather practically...

Brandt should be an all in kind of signing. Unless Eriksen has said he's going to sign a new contract after the Champions League final, we should be going after Brandt, even if we end up with the pair of them on the books at the end of the summer, we will have legitimate competition for Dele and Eriksen in their two positions.

If that release clause is accurate too, then there is absolutely no reason we should even think about it. I reckon this lad is better than Grealish who most likely won't be available if Villa go up and irrespective of promotion would likely be stupidly expensive.

I would hope so! I’ve never seen Brandt play but seems you are setting the bar pretty low there?

I’ve nothing against Grealish by the way.

1) HAVING to play, because of the £££ and because he is Bale. Lets be honest, no chance he is on the bench, which itself is then a constraint to operate with.

He would have to play when fit because he is that good, in the same way Kane plays when fit. He is better than the likes of Son, and there is a reason why we would have been prepared to pay that much (not saying we will but if we do). Players recognise there are levels and arent going to cry if they are being left out of the team -thats one of the good character traits about our team. We have so many games to play its a squad game....

I dont know about the ego thing, I really dont. Perhaps youre seeing something I am not, Ive never taken that impression from him.

That said, I do agree in that it would be impossible to not play him given the costs - and I think that will inevitably cause issues in the balance and performance of the side.

I said before (maybe January, the rumours been going on a while...) that the only way signing him REALLY makes sense to me is if we have to sell Kane and Bale replaces him. Otherwise I just dont see how it would work.

I do agree, I think this summer will be exciting - though I suspect it will be a number of "sensible" buys with potential rather than the blockbusters many will be wanting...
I agree he definitely doesn't have an ego...and if he wants an environment akin to the Wales squad he'll find it here.

What would be an ok deal for you? All-in cost of £25m for two years? Yes/no or are you just against it full stop?

I just get a feeling that someone like him could just be a match winner in the toughest moments.

English clubs look stronger than Spanish clubs at the moment, perennial champions Barca have been pathetic in the Champions League for years. Wonder if players will stop seeing them as the pinnacle for a while.

No.1 is nullified by Poch...that won't be an issue on his watch.

An injured player coming in and out of the team is a Tottenham Hotspur speciality.

Back