• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

These are interesting times for Spurs, shaping up to be one of the two most attractive destinations - along with Liverpool - for talented players with Premier League ambitions.

Chelsea have qualified for Champions League, but have coped with enormous internal dissent and face a two-window transfer ban that will throw a heavy cloud over their future prospects. ManCity look like they are going to have to take a one-year ban (at a minimum) from CL play and could face further sanctions after the PL investigation. If Arsenal fail to win the Europa League, then they continue to diminish their shrivelling appeal. And ManU is just looking like a complete mess with a manager who can hardly be called an attraction for young ambitious players.

Liverpool look a very set side for the near future with some of their own youngsters pushing up. Not a club with a huge amount of need or space to add players. Not that they'd send de Ligt away if he enquired.

That leaves Spurs, having kept it lean and mean this past year, as arguably the PL club with the greatest appeal for new talent. And the bonus of playing for one of today's best managers in one of the world's best stadiums housing the world's finest fans, while training and developing at one of the world's finest training centres.

It's staggering to see how, as Spurs have done their part to organically grow and develop the club, many of their principal rivals have wedged their feet into buckets of sewage. If someone is looking to join a PL club, the next best options after Spurs and Liverpool are shaping up to be improving sides like Wolves, Everton and maybe Leicester.

GARETH BALE will reportedly snub a move back to Tottenham and is in no rush to return to the Premier League.

Welsh superstar Bale is being pushed towards the exit at Real Madrid by boss Zinedine Zidane.

But the star is determined not to be forced out without his mega contract worth over £600,000-a-week being honoured.

Bale still has three years left to run on the bumper deal which is worth around £100million.

Bale is in no rush to quit and will only leave to go to another very top club.

Edit: Just to please the Mods https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gareth-bale-snub-potential-tottenham-15835015

Last edited:
GARETH BALE will reportedly snub a move back to Tottenham and is in no rush to return to the Premier League.

Welsh superstar Bale is being pushed towards the exit at Real Madrid by boss Zinedine Zidane.

But the star is determined not to be forced out without his mega contract worth over £600,000-a-week being honoured.

Bale still has three years left to run on the bumper deal which is worth around £100million.

Bale is in no rush to quit and will only leave to go to another very top club.

Any chance you could link to where you found the story when posting gossip, rumours and tittle tattle?

'BAYERN OPEN SANE TALKS'

Bayern Munich have opened discussions with Emirates Marketing Project over the potential transfer of Leroy Sane, according to the Daily Record.

It is reported that Bayern have been granted permission to speak to Sane's representatives.

Apparently City would prefer to keep the 23-year-old, but Sane has rejected offers to extend his contract that expires in the summer of 2021.

In line with the "I wish" thread title, Id absolutely love us to get in on this...

'BAYERN OPEN SANE TALKS'

Bayern Munich have opened discussions with Emirates Marketing Project over the potential transfer of Leroy Sane, according to the Daily Record.

It is reported that Bayern have been granted permission to speak to Sane's representatives.

Apparently City would prefer to keep the 23-year-old, but Sane has rejected offers to extend his contract that expires in the summer of 2021.

In line with the "I wish" thread title, Id absolutely love us to get in on this...

He has a tattoo of himself on his back and is a major clam. Poch wouldn't like him. Non starter.

he is awful - has a trick in him but no end product and no defensive ability - this is his agent I imagine.

The fact it tries to make a case that selling to us would strengthen a fierce rivel/competitor shows it is all click ait nonsense.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is aiming to freshen up his squad, with Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld touted for moves to Juventus.

The Lilywhites have not signed any new players since Lucas Moura was brought in from Paris Saint Germain in January 2018, but that trend is expected to end this summer.

Spurs have secured a place in the Premier League’s top four and reached the Champions League final this season, but Pochettino is aware reinforcements will be needed in order to take another step forward next year.

However, according to Calcio Mercato, the Argentine boss is plotting to sell key duo Trippier and Alderweirld before bringing in any new players, having identified the need for a clearout at the back.

Tottenham have reportedly offered both men to Juventus and the two clubs are in the process of negotiating deals, starting with Alderweireld.

Juve are prepared to meet the £30 million buy-out clause in Belgian centre-back’s contract and will turn their attention to Trippier thereafter, who they see as the ideal replacement for the outgoing Joao Cancelo – as per Calcio Mercato.

Pochettino’s plan could represent a huge blow to Manchester United ahead of the summer transfer window, given the fact they have been heavily linked with the Spurs defenders in recent months.

According to the Manchester Evening News, Trippier was recently named as a potential target for Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is gearing up for a squad overhaul this summer.

Alderweireld, meanwhile, has been touted for a £25 million switch to Old Trafford since April – as Talk Sport reports – with only one year remaining on his current contract at Spurs.

It now appears the United will fail to land either man when the market reopens, with Tottenham clearly preferring not to sell to a direct rival and Juventus could now be on the verge of a major double transfer deal.

Bale (mirror)

Wales record goal-scorer has told friends he is determined to leave in a dignified manner if his Spanish spell is to end.

But he doesn't fancy returning to Spurs where he starred from 2007-2013 with 55 goals in 203 games.

Bale, linked with PSG and China, feels if he has to go, he only wants to join another top global club in line with his headline status.

Bale (mirror)

Wales record goal-scorer has told friends he is determined to leave in a dignified manner if his Spanish spell is to end.

But he doesn't fancy returning to Spurs where he starred from 2007-2013 with 55 goals in 203 games.

Bale, linked with PSG and China, feels if he has to go, he only wants to join another top global club in line with his headline status.

He’s ego is off the chart now, another reason he shouldn’t be anywhere near us.

Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool are likely to challenge Aston Villa in their pursuit of Bristol City defender Lloyd Kelly, who is an England U21 international. (Bristol Live)
Excellent young left back. Him and Rico Henry are the two best in that position in England outside of the PL I'd say. If we really are interested in him then it would suggest that Poch see's Sessegnon playing higher up the pitch.

i think he looks a good player. Seems to be quite two footed, plays with his head up, has good control, moves well on and off the ball, is a good passer of the ball, works pretty hard, doesn't mind receiving the ball even when marked (sign of a player confident in his touch).

He's definitely growing on me.

Didnt watch last night (Villa stats were off the chart though) but in the first leg I thought he was good.

Though it occurred to me he operated much more like Eriksen than a traditional CM.

Could very easily be negotiations via the press, happens all the time. Public statements made for the benefit of Madrid/potential suitors etc.

Not sure Id consider his ego an issue right now, if you think about it he has 3 years left on an incredibly big contract and isnt the one instigating the move. Sensible thing is to dig in isnt it?

I wouldn't believe any of the above.

I think Bale (or his agent) is playing a canny game at the moment. Zidane clearly doesn't want him at Madrid but he is one of the highest 3 or 4 paid players in the World so can stay where he is and earn twice as much as he would earn anywhere else. By stating that he will stay at Madrid it forces Madrid to make a decision, do they want to pay £30 million a year for a player that the manager doesn't want or do they cut their losses pay up a portion of his contract and let him go on a free as they may be forced to do due to the ridiculous pay packet they gave a reasonably injury prone player approaching his thirties.

Even if Bale goes to a mega money club like Man Utd Bale would still only earn around half of what he earns at Real Madrid, so Madrid will have to offer a sweetener to him for him to accept leaving. This is why clubs sometimes have to be very careful giving older players massive contracts. Man Utd are now in the same position with Sanchez (I wonder whether the two clubs might even try a direct multi year loan swap with the two respective clubs continuing to pick up their own player's wages?)

Zaniolo could sign new deal
Nicolo Zaniolo could sign a new deal at Roma amid Tottenham interest.

Zaniolo has been excellent this season with Spurs and Bayern Munich keen.

But the 19-year-old has indicated he would be willing to stay at Roma for the foreseeable future.

I still have four years left on my contract and I’m happy here. I see my future at Roma

My agent will talk to the club at the end of the season.

It’s always pleasing to have interest from great teams, but I’m focused on Roma and the last two league games.

Bale (mirror)

Global clubs PSG or China. What globe is that, a 1970s drinks cabinet.

i think he looks a good player. Seems to be quite two footed, plays with his head up, has good control, moves well on and off the ball, is a good passer of the ball, works pretty hard, doesn't mind receiving the ball even when marked (sign of a player confident in his touch).

He's a Jonjo Shelvey or a Danny Murphy. A tidy but not top level player

He's definitely growing on me.

Didnt watch last night (Villa stats were off the chart though) but in the first leg I thought he was good.

Though it occurred to me he operated much more like Eriksen than a traditional CM.

Could very easily be negotiations via the press, happens all the time. Public statements made for the benefit of Madrid/potential suitors etc.

Not sure Id consider his ego an issue right now, if you think about it he has 3 years left on an incredibly big contract and isnt the one instigating the move. Sensible thing is to dig in isnt it?

Him and his agent think they have outgrown Spurs, I can’t see him coming in and taking second or third place main player.

I’m sure there is negation in it, but he couldn’t be bothered to learn Spanish in his time there could he?

Him and his agent think they have outgrown Spurs, I can’t see him coming in and taking second or third place main player.

I’m sure there is negation in it, but he couldn’t be bothered to learn Spanish in his time there could he?

If you were him wouldnt you think you could move somewhere bigger than Spurs?

Ive looked at it so far from our end, and honestly am more against than for, but form his point of view would Spurs make any sense at all?

Back