• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Spurs to loan Bale. The forward is no longer wanted by Zinedine Zidane

Real Madrid are ready to loan Gareth Bale to Tottenham for a £10 million ($13m) fee, claims the Mirror.

Spurs' transfer committee are reportedly discussing the loan deal, having ruled out a permanent offer for the Wales international.

From goal.com

Real Madrid are ready to loan Gareth Bale to Tottenham for a £10 million ($13m) fee, claims the Mirror.

Spurs' transfer committee are reportedly discussing the loan deal, having ruled out a permanent offer for the Wales international.

From goal.com

I don't believe it for a second but assuming it is for a second, I think it would be a huge mistake.

PANISH BATTLE FOR AJAX STAR?

Barcelona and Real Madrid are set to battle for the signature of Ajaxmidfielder Donny van de Beek, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The 22-year-old Netherlands international has scored 17 goals this season and played a starring role during the club's run to the Champions League semi-final.

With Frenkie de Jong confirmed to join Barca and Matthijs de Ligt tipped to join him, the Catalans are hoping to bag a hat-trick of young Ajax stars. Real, however, are likely to provide stiff competition.

And looking at rumours, we could have Sessegnon done by the end of the week (domestic window opens Thursday) and Gomes at the beginning of June, nice and quick!

I don't think there's anything in the Gomes story.

I know he's versatile in that he can cover for both Eriksen and Winks, but that seems a lot of money for basically a solid squad player, when say an extra 30-40% gets you a top drawer starter for CM.

Regardless of whether Bale makes sense or not (Could cost a fortune, Could be constantly injured, or could be a huge success etc.)....... Imagine the boost if that loan deal was done quickly and announced! The message that would send out to potential other targets would be immense. Might make the difference in getting those kind of top-level players that have turned us down in the past.

From goal.com

He’ll be 30 soon, refuses to drop salary and is prepared to stay at Madrid for another 3 years according to his agent, even though club and fans don’t want him.

I question what his motivations are for the later part of his career now.

Sessegnon hasn't progressed.. I'd be reluctant to take him on. Particularly for a massive fee.
You have to look at his attributes - he has pace and technique, sure he's raw but if he'd spent the season at Spurs under Poch and not at a struggling Fulham I bet he would have had a much much better season. It looks like we've played it perfectly, would have cost 50m+ last season, more like half price this season. Would look back at that in a couple of years (if not sooner) and say what a bargain.....

Sessegnon hasn't progressed.. I'd be reluctant to take him on. Particularly for a massive fee.

£25m in today's prices is two year ago's £10m. It's really in the Alli/Walker/Carrick/Huddlestone/Dawson bracket

Bale had a tough first season his first one stepping from the championship to EPL too. We're not buying Sessegnon for next season (I would keep both Rose and Davies), but ideally to be our LWB for the 2020s decade.

Gomes is 25 and not even at his peak yet. Why couldn't he be a starter alongside Winks?

Mainly you'd want a balance between a stronger defensive player (Dier or Sissoko) and a passer (Winks or another). Most combinations would work, but two passers is the one you only save for the weakest opponents (although Winks did famously anchor against Madrid)

Regardless of whether Bale makes sense or not (Could cost a fortune, Could be constantly injured, or could be a huge success etc.)....... Imagine the boost if that loan deal was done quickly and announced! The message that would send out to potential other targets would be immense. Might make the difference in getting those kind of top-level players that have turned us down in the past.

Think people are missing the point

- A loan deal works, buying Bale doesn't (no way to offload the cost, full wages too much, he will be too old in 3 years)
- It's a huge statement, and he's a big match winner
- He's much more suited to PL than La Liga, and he will have a point to prove.

Basically it's a 35-30M one year punt that could be the difference for us in big games and/or win us a trophy

- I for one would feel a lot better if we had Bale in the squad in the CL final ..

I don't think there's anything in the Gomes story.

I know he's versatile in that he can cover for both Eriksen and Winks, but that seems a lot of money for basically a solid squad player, when say an extra 30-40% gets you a top drawer starter for CM.

I think thats what you want, not whats more likely.

Of course rumours are just that and we have no real way to gauge their authenticity - but on a scale of "ITK BS" to "Really quite believable" Id say interest in Gomes is a sure thing.

We have been linked with Gomes since he was at Barca, since before Everton and consistently at that.

He also fits the bill in many ways of what we look for.

Sorry mate, but thats just not true (or fair).

He has actually had a very good season. And has literally just turned 19. The potential in the kid is unreal.

2 goals and 6 assists, in a season with 3 managers and a constant relegation struggle is very good. At no point was he out of his depth or anything.

Gomes is 25 and not even at his peak yet. Why couldn't he be a starter alongside Winks?

Bit odd to have this view of Gomes but not afford Sessegnon the same!

That said I agree, I think Gomes is tidy, has definite quality and can bring something to the team. Though I also think he plays a similar game to Winks, so it might be those two as rotation rather than partners.

Think people are missing the point

- A loan deal works, buying Bale doesn't (no way to offload the cost, full wages too much, he will be too old in 3 years)
- It's a huge statement, and he's a big match winner
- He's much more suited to PL than La Liga, and he will have a point to prove.

Basically it's a 35-30M one year punt that could be the difference for us in big games and/or win us a trophy

- I for one would feel a lot better if we had Bale in the squad in the CL final ..
Homegrown place as well (I assume he’s homegrown, but with Davies and Dier not eligible I’m a bit confused with the rule and it’s purpose).

Like you say, a loan could make sense.

Ryan Sessegnon wants to join Tottenham over Man Utd as Fulham set £40m asking price
Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon wants to join Tottenham over Manchester United this summer.

Spurs, United, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are all interested in the 18-year-old, who has one year remaining on his Fulham contract.

Sessegnon has made Spurs his first choice because he wants to stay in the capital, play Champions League football and, crucially, work under Mauricio Pochettino. The Spurs manager has a remarkable record of improving young English players and Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier and Danny Rose have all become regulars for the national team during his tenure.

Relegated Fulham are braced for Spurs to act on a long-standing interest in Sessegnon, although the north Londonders may wait until after the Champions League Final against Liverpool on June 1 to make a formal approach.

Spurs have not made a signing since Lucas Moura in January 2018 but Pochettino has called for the club to "operate in a different way" after this season and the Argentine is thought to be planning an overhaul of his squad.

Fulham value Sessegnon at around £40million, with Spurs keen to pay closer to £25m. It is thought a compromise should be reached between the clubs. Fulham are aware of the need to sell Sessegnon this summer because they would be due less than £500,000 in compensation if he moved abroad in the summer of 2020, at the end of his contract.

Sessegnon is currently an England Under-21 international and, despite a difficult first season at the top level, is still regarded as one of the brightest prospects in the country. He is expected to be part of Aidy Boothroyd’s squad for this summer’s European Under-21 Championships in Italy.

Despite playing in several different positions under managers Slavisa Jokanovic, Claudio Ranieri and Scott Parker this season, Sessegnon has scored twice and registered six assists in 35 league appearances.

His twin brother, Steven, is also admired outside Fulham but has far less first-team experience that Ryan. Steven is contracted until 2022 and is expected to be a key part of the squad in the Championship.

Sorry mate, but thats just not true (or fair).

He has actually had a very good season. And has literally just turned 19. The potential in the kid is unreal.

2 goals and 6 assists, in a season with 3 managers and a constant relegation struggle is very good. At no point was he out of his depth or anything.

Disagree again. I probably have been a bit harsh, but for me he didn't take to the premier league well at all. Looked underwhelming most times I saw him play.

I would want to see massive progression before he was anywhere near our starting line up.

I can agree that Poch would be the right coach for him, but I think myself and others are right to be a little sceptical.

If it was for 10-15 mil, it's worth a punt.

Back