• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Surely in Moura we already have a player who can somewhat step in for Son and/or Kane? (Especially after last night!) think a bigger priority is someone who can step in for Alli and/or Eriksen.

I still think 5 players covering the 3 AMs is enough (depending on assessment of Lamela's long term fitness). Alli and Eriksen are actually the cover for each other.

Ideally Sessegnon will take the 6th AM/Nkoudou's minutes

I still think 5 players covering the 3 AMs is enough (depending on assessment of Lamela's long term fitness). Alli and Eriksen are actually the cover for each other.

I think you need to view the AMs and CF in a broader bucket given the overlap (e.g. Son cant play in both positions at the same time). Based on 2 players per position, we need 8 players to cover the 4 attacking positions in the 4-2-3-1, though the 8th can probably be a youngster (similar to Skipp in CM), so perhaps Parrott.

We have Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele and Moura - so thats 5. Despite his performance last night, Llorente is really only considered a last resort player rather than someone who Poch would actively decide to start with, whilst Lamela has been here 6 years and never really achieved much. Llorente seems to be off, so thats 1 signing needed, potentially 2 is Lamela leaves as well

We have a lot of tactical flexibility with the versatility of several of our key players. But the 5 men for the three AM spots are currently also supposed to cover for the striker position at times, and the deep midfield roles at times.

With Lamela's consistent injuries I definitely don't think five players is enough. Too often this season we've had to change formations because of injuries (imo) and still not have good attacking options on the bench.

A younger sixth AM with potential, but already good enough to be a decent impact player at times would be a very good option for us to have. Even if Lamela is replaced by someone less injury prone.

after consideration. My list.

1. N'Dombele ( 70m plus? )
2. De Ligt ( 70m plus? )
3. Wan Bassaka ( 40m plus? )
4. Malcolm ( 30m )

All these players wages we could afford I Think. With the Champions league run, the TV money and not having spent a penny for a while. And money in from Toby if he goes? got to keep Eriksen. 200m spent. Cant see it but that is how I would go crazy. With them we really could have a tilt at the title next season.

This is a great list, except I do feel like De Ligt is basically nailed on for Barca. Ndombele would be an absolute coup and AWB would also be an immense signing, even though he has said recently that he'll be at Crystal Palace next year. I also think we need some more CM legs if Wanyama goes and Dier continues his slow descent. I still think Grealish could be such a Pochettino player, and we need a young, athletic LB/LWB.

1. N'Dombele (back-up target, Lo Celso)
2. Wan Bissaka (back-up target, Aarons)
3. Grealish (likely)
4. David Brooks/Maddison (assuming we sell Eriksen)
5. Sessegnon (this one feels most likely to me)
6. New Alderweireld Contract (back-up, insert promising CB)

There's no way we could replace Eriksen with someone as mediocre as Grealish, Brooks or Maddison - that would be Berbatov to Pav levels of downgrading.

Fine if one of them comes in to replace Nkoudou as a back-up, but Eriksen's replacement needs to be someone from the top drawer like Dybala

There's no way we could replace Eriksen with someone as mediocre as Grealish, Brooks or Maddison - that would be Berbatov to Pav levels of downgrading.

Fine if one of them comes in to replace Nkoudou as a back-up, but Eriksen's replacement needs to be someone from the top drawer like Dybala
If we have to replace Eriksen there can't be more than a couple players that we could realistically sign that would actually replace him. Dybala looked excellent at one point, but he's not a direct replacement for Eriksen imo.

I like the idea of not trying to find a direct like for like replacement. If that player can't be found, use the money to sign players that fill other roles that suit us. Perhaps Dybala could be that player, but I don't know. Don't try to sign someone because they have similar attributes if they're not actually good enough.

Plain and simple the top priority is a RB.

You can't carry on with Trippier. He will (and has in games) cost you far more than 3 PTS.

(And I don't think Aurier is the answer either)

I always wondered why people liked Soldado. He was absolutely terrible. He even bottled out of taking penalties from then on after he missed one against Emirates Marketing Project.

I dont know really, always liked him in Spain, and when he came really wanted him to succeed, and he was a trier but it just didnt work.

I suppose he just hit the right notes for me to feel sympathetic rather than frustrated.

The hype around Ndombele seems to have cooled over the course of the last 6-12 months....I felt before that he would be out of our price range but now starting to think ht might be getable....

Constantly linked with City and other top clubs, always on the rumour mill - really not sure any hype has cooled at all to be honest.

And THIS is why getting top 4 is so damn important.

Interesting, match recap with Hoddle, Rio & Lineker tonight.

Hoddle was adamant that he knew Spurs had money to spend last summer and Poch chose not to spend it .. the other guys questioned him and he repeated, he knew it as a fact.
We have from the horses mouth that De Jong decided not to come, I thought that put to bed the no money thing.

*I saw the Hoddle thing - he stresses "I Know - Know- there was money"

Chelsea have yet to hold fresh contract talks with England winger Callum Hudson-Odoi and face a dilemma over whether to sell the 18-year-old this summer or risk losing him for nothing when his current deal expires in the summer of 2020. (Mail)

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera, 29, is to join Paris St-Germain on a free transfer this summer, with the Spaniard agreeing a £160,000-a-week deal with the French champions. (Mirror)
Crackers. Lets fudge off a big young homegrown talent and sign this brickhouse....

Real Madrid are ready to freeze Bale out of the first team and make him train with the under-23s unless he finds a new club. (Sun)

Southampton
are planning a £30m move for Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, although the 24-year-old Serbia international is also attracting interest from West Ham and clubs in China. (Express)

Everton face more competition to make Andre Gomes' switch from Barcelona permanent with Arsenal joining Roma and Inter Milan in the hunt for the Portugal midfielder, 25. (Sun)

VAN DER SAR: DE LIGT OFF TO PL OR SPAIN

Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt will go to England or Spain this summer, according to the club's CEO Edwin van der Sar.

De Ligt's team-mate Frenkie de Jong has already agreed to join Barcelona at the end of the season for an initial fee of £65m, and the 19-year-old central defender has also been linked with a move to the Nou Camp.

"Frenkie de Jong is already a Barcelona footballer, while De Ligt I think will go to England or Spain," Van der Sar told Sky in Italy before Ajax were eliminated by Tottenham from the Champions League.

SPUR TARGET FREIBURG DEFENDER

Tottenham are targeting a summer move for Freiburg defender Robin Poch as they eye a long-term replacement for Toby Alderweireld, according to the Daily Mail.

Back